Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 06:26:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another run to the sun and other points south in the works  (Read 4033 times)
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 09:08:33 AM »

When and where is the rally,seminar. We couldnt bring the new bus, as we are working on it, but would like to meet yall. I dont know if that is in our cards this time, as we are trying to get the bus usable in the limited time we have to spend at home. Anyone passing this way after the 16th, thru Dec. stop by and say hi. We have elec and sewer hookups. We are getting the bodywork finished up on it now. We have a neighbor who is doing the work, and his work is awesome. It wont be apparent at first glance that it is a Dina, as some modifications are being done. We appreciate any and all imput, advice that we get from yall. I am always looking for ideas.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 09:23:06 AM »

Ruthi, are you aware of the BYOB seminar after jacks rally?  You bring your own bus and can get some personalized attention on the work you'd like done.

When and where is the rally,seminar.

The rally Cody mentioned is Jack Conrad's Bussin' 10 rally in Arcadia, December 29-Jan 1 (early arrivals ok starting Dec. 26).

http://www.busconversions.com/bussin10/

The BYOB Workshop will be the following week at Jack's shop.

Here is a link to an online page about it and it is in the November issue of BCM (that is currently in the care of the USPS on its way to folks):

http://www.busconversions.com/byob.pdf

It is looking probable that Sean Welsh will also be helping out as an additional instructor covering plumbing, hydronic and solar.

Important:  As noted in the linked page, we have room for 12 participants only and a phone consultation with the applicable instructor must be scheduled before completing registration (feasibility check/discussion of materials and tools).  So anyone interested should call soon.  863-303-4008.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 08:00:48 PM »

Ruthi, I've got some pics here on the board in a couple of places.  These are mahogany.

And Ruthi, that fancy set of carving, right under the sink, took Cody many, many sleepless nights of work. If you ask him, he might just start slaving away ("whole lot of humping for a little bit of pay, an I'll be a dough boy by the end of the day" Grin) on one of those fancy carvings for you... Wink Aye Cody?

Cody, that is great that ya'll heading south. Good for you. Now you need to research horspitals (sp Grin) for Libby to have her surgery in. No reason to go to that same place you have been (to expensive Cheesy). Also, that is a praise that you got the looting stopped.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 08:25:47 PM »

Cody, I can wait for quality. Perhaps I should just send you dimensions of what I need and you can give me some ideas. I would sure love to give you money in place of someone that has no appreciation for buses.

Let me know how I can help.

Thanks

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
cody

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 05:05:48 AM »

One thing that I've been giving a lot of thought too lately is providing cabinet facings, doors and drawer fronts, basically the complete front that is visible as a cost saving measure for busnuts.  When you stop and think about it, what a person see's is the front, if a person had reasonable time or tool skills that I think most of us do and could create the casework, or interiors of the cabinets, which is basically just a series of open boxes, a lot of money could be saved.  That money could be used for upgraded components like dovetailed drawers, maybe a better grade of countertop, or even the fuel for another trip, or a heft tip to the guy that made that great cabinet front lol. I'm very interested in hearing what the thoughts are, my goal is to provide the absolute best quality for the money, custom cabinets arn't cheap, there is a lot of detail work that goes into a cabinet front that sets it apart from the knock down styles that you can buy in a box store, that all translates into money coming out of somebodys pocket, what I'm trying to do is channel that money so that a person can get the most bang for the buck. Give me your thoughts on it.
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 06:00:27 AM »

I love the idea. Grin I would be willing to give it a shot to see how well it works. I think that many folks are shocked by the cost of custom work. I know that my bid was more than the bus cost! I like the idea of getting someone with knowledge about bus cabinetry to build cabinets that will last.

Cody, would you also build these fronts so the owner could stain/finish them the way they wanted?

Do you have a series of pictures that show your various cabinet fronts and then someone could chose the style and wood?  
Do you have some general idea of what a basic front would cost?  
Let us know and let us see!

I am willing to be a test case!

Thanks

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 09:00:54 AM »

That sounds like a good idea. Let me know what you decide upon, and some idea as to what you can do and general cost. We are only going to have about 5 or 6 ft of cabinet. Also, let me know the time frame you are thinking of. Like I said we are trying to get it usable for the first of the year, as after that we dont get a lot of home time. Undecided Thanks, and take care.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 05:17:36 PM »

Cody,

I would be interested in seeing some options and pricing as well.

Bryan
cody

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 08:15:42 PM »

I was asked about dovetailed drawers, this is an example of one.
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 05:27:41 AM »

Can't buy that quality anywhere. One more reason to get Cody to build some cabinets for your bus! He knows buses and he knows quality. Thanks for the picture. Anymore?

If Cody has built your cabinets how about you post some pictures so we can admire his work.

Thanks

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 09:26:16 AM »

Cody;

Do you need another eagle to practice on. I have one sitting that you could make all the patterns you want. I might be able to show you how to apply the finish.  LOL

How is libby doing. Keep us informed.

Don
cody

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 11:04:27 AM »

Don, libby is doing ok, I'm thinking that ever since that unforunate hansel and gretal incident she might think she is bulletproof, actually she needs an arterial bypass on her kidney, it's constricted, that seems to be whats going on for now with her, of the handful of hospitals that actually do that surgury, one is the University of Michigan, but the doctor hasn't expressed any insane interest in her yet.  Nothing I'd like better than another iggle to play with but my bus fund got eaten up, literally eaten up lol, I bought some groceries lol, patterns? we need patterns? next I'll be told to read the directions lol.
cody

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 12:57:24 AM »

Here is a dinette booth roughed out, note the outlet and nitelite and one of the dinette a little further on.
cody

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 01:02:25 AM »

A front in oak lol nope not hand carved but a very good grade of oak applique.
cody

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 01:08:22 AM »

One of my favorite pics,  Miss Libby and our sound system.  All DVD audio, only thing that is mising from the pic is our lighting, we have a full light show, how much we'll be able to carry on the road is yet to be determined but we normally carry around 5000 cd's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: