Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 06:23:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another run to the sun and other points south in the works  (Read 4032 times)
letz4wheel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 03:51:21 AM »

CDs??? You are soooo far behind. Where is your Ipod lol  Grin Grin

'78 MCI MC-8
4 speed
8v71
cody

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 04:42:58 AM »

I'm actually lightyears ahead of Ipods by using audio DVD's, the problem with an Ipod is that they compress music by removing bits of it, then to play it back it add's whatever it wants to bring the sound close, with audio DVD you have it all and it's in 6.1 surround.  If you ran them both thru a meter you would find the audio DVD to outrun the Ipod by a mile.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 05:01:03 AM »

Whheeww, Cody. That is a little to high tech for me. Maybe someday I will be that high tech, but not right now Grin.

I hope that your trip works out well for you. Have fun!

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2009, 05:12:56 AM »

Musically I'm a dinosaur, we've Djed for about 30 years, went thru vinyl, thru cassettes etc, the whole kit and kabottle, I still like the hands on control of being able to actrually control the music, I see the new generation come in and plop down their laptops with their terabyte external harddrives and then I watch them crash and mean while I still got the music going, another problem is that when your using sound active lighting programs, the sencers need to pick up the frequency to fire the strobe or the light, if it's not there or if it's not right you'll have a corn fused light, I loaned out a 10ft light bar once and it came back really needing theropy, the guy had a laptop and the lights didn't have a clue so they did nothing, kind of like me.  We regularily use up to 40 lights, that includes 10 lasers if it's an outdoor venue and 12 strobes, all computerized and running thru programs.  I'm FCC licensed to use up to a 50MW laser, now they have 20MW "fat" lasers that you don't even need a license to run, the world is changing but luckily I'm stuck somewhere back in the past.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2009, 05:16:39 AM »

Cody,
    I feel that it is sometimes good to be a dinosaur.  And I should know, I feel like a dinosaur most of the time.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
cody

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2009, 05:23:20 AM »

I agree jack, keeping up just for the sake of keeping up just doesn't work for me anymore, I even have a spare computer thats a pendulum 2 with 98SE that works perfectly and we use it now and then when.  I perfectly happy on the sidelines avoiding the rush to get an Iphone or the latest operating system, this computer has XP and the laptop has vista but I stopped trying to figure them out long ago, I hit the go button and if it doesn't I sit down at the next computer and try that one, we have a blue ray player that flashes 12 o'clock, we replaced the VCR that flashed 12 o'clock with it.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2009, 02:26:52 PM »

That is funny Cody, Grin I remember having a vcr, also flashed the time. Never really figured it out to program.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2009, 03:00:41 PM »

"I remember having a vcr, also flashed the time. Never really figured it out to program.".      Elect. tape Grin...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Ed Brenner

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2009, 04:26:51 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cody,
    I feel that it is sometimes good to be a dinosaur.  And I should know, I feel like a dinosaur most of the time.  Jack "

Watch out Cody, I think Jack has taken his last five months on the road and documented it in a 35mm slide show,(talk about dinosaurs) that he is
going to make it mandatory to watch at the Arcadia Rally before you can EAT!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Sorry Jack, I still need that full hookup !!!!

ED

Ed Brenner
77 Eagle 05  Murrells inlet, SC
 " While We're At It " A Busnut's most costly Phrase !!
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2009, 04:35:02 PM »

Cody,
    I feel that it is sometimes good to be a dinosaur.  And I should know, I feel like a dinosaur most of the time.  Jack

Me Too!

That's why I get nervous when it gets cold outside......Heard about that last lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng freeze....... Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2009, 05:13:35 PM »

Careful, y'all messing with

TYRANYSAUROUS JACK  Shocked

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: