Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 09:58:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back it off, Igor-  (Read 1555 times)
Brill-o

Ignore
« on: July 22, 2006, 07:51:30 PM »

The Baron Brill-kenstein thanks 46’Brillbus for reading me excerpts from his manual (“How I did it” Wink) and Igor (the wife) applying the power (holding the button in)…. Smiley

Sparks flew; the rain was hard and unforgiving, lightning flashed across the horizon….
(Really!)

The juice flowed through her long sleeping veins-
She spun and coughed but wouldn’t wake…. Sad

More power Igor- I must have MORE POWER!! Angry

I choked her like a mad dog, then I opened her mouth to give her fresh air.. Sad Shocked

She sputtered angrily, and I thought I heard a voice in the wind saying-
“Why you do this to me Demi? Why Demi, why?” Huh

IGOR! MORE POWER, (wo)MAN-- MORE POWER!!!! Angry Angry

I grabbed her throat, choking her violently--YOU MUST AWAKEN!! Angry
 Grabbing a flask, I drowned her in fresh fluids Shocked Angry

She spit-up all over me coughing and choking…. Shocked Sad

I pulled my hair in a crazed stupor- falling back against the side… Sad
What DID I do wrong? Where did I fail? WHAT COULD I HAVE MISSED…. Huh Huh Huh Huh

IGOR, FULL POWER! DAMN THE OVERLOAD! Angry Angry Angry Angry

Suddenly……………. Shocked

She awoke.... and gave me a beautiful smooth growl- following that with satisfying purr....with nary a puff of smoke,  then fell gently back to sleep. Smiley

IT’S ALIVE! IT’S ALIVE! WHAHAHAHAHA! IT’S ALIVE! WHAHAHAHA, Shocked Grin Shocked Grin
WHAHAHAHAHA Shocked Grin Shocked Grin Grin

IIItttss aaaalliiiiiive Wahahaha….. Grin Grin Grin Grin       IIItttss aaaalliiiiiive Wahahaha….. Grin Grin Grin Grin

I shrank back in horror and disbelief, clutching my heart--looking to the heavens with a tear in my eye. Cry Smiley

Thank you Lord…. Cry Smiley

(And just as much thanks to- 46Brillbus. There is absolutely no way I could of got this far with out you, Mate!) He deserves all and full credit-- not I…. Wink Smiley Kiss Kiss

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 08:02:30 PM »

OUT FREAKIN' STANDING!!!!!!!

That's some of the best news I've heard all day!

Now you can work on the little things, like keeping her running and cool and oiled, but at least you have heard her and her natural growl.

It's a wonderful feeling.

Maybe you can get a sound recording and I'll post it on my website so everyone can know what a glorious sound the Hall-Scott can make.

Congrats!

Dallas
littlehouse

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 11:26:21 PM »

Brill O
 Believe it or not; someone is selling a '46 Brill on cragslist seattle under RV - bus. It is so pretty. If you get a chance to
look and see what you'll have when done, it looks nice. I wish you all the luck on her revival, she has the potential to be
such a Lady.
Ray with the littlehouse ['77 MC8]

I want to live long enough to be a nuisance to my children
and i am!!
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 03:15:05 AM »

Awsome

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
ceieio
MCI 7 DD 8V71, HT740

1973 MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 02:48:25 PM »

Hey congrats!  Do I take it from your comment "fell gently back to sleep" that there are still some issues to be worked out, or did you shut her down?  It is great to hear them bark to life!  Way to go!

Craig - MC7 Oregon

Craig MC7 - Oregon USA
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 06:31:48 PM »

Hello Gents-

I was afraid I got a little carried away with the descriptive prose for this thread-

But, to be honest (and as Dallas mentioned):

There is absolutely no feeling like reviving an old machine-
To him and I, anyway….

So, I am so flippin’ happy not only to have her start- but the fact that she ran so well! Smiley

The elderly woman (almost 90), whose backyard it sat, said it was in great shape when it was parked two decades ago. That is why her hubby planned the conversion in the first place-

Dallas:
Yes, I plan on looking into the cooling system next-

Also, tell me how to do a “sound bite”-
I would be happy to share it with you four who posted replies-

littlehouse:
Thank you for the well-wishes!
I checked on that one you spoke of, but didn’t see it listed-maybe I went to the wrong place? Could you post a link, please?
 I do need some ideas- but that work is still a ways off-

Nick:
That described exactly what one of my girls said! But, she was referring to me just being able to get it running! (She had her doubts- but she’s only 7.)

Craig:
Yes, she stopped on her own, but she’ll restart- I’m sure of that.
I didn’t want to “push” the old girl on her re-birth.

The carb has an overfill problem with the fuel pump running steady—I’m guessing the float.

The reason she stopped on her own, and for the most part was a job getting her to catch in the first place, was-- she’s a lush!  Shocked
This girl drinks fuel like it was pennies a gallon! (Which it was when she was made.)  Roll Eyes

I’ve never owned a vehicle that could take this much fuel at one time—just to start. I was sure she was flooded at first, but when I removed the top plugs- they were bone dry!
 I’d bet she swilled a good quart just to ignite enough to fire! Amazing!  Shocked

I’ve been able to track her history since the day she left the factory, until I got her.
 One previous owner (he bought her and 9 of her sisters from Trailways Co. in the early 50’s) is coming down from Pa. this week to look her over again! He is very excited!

I have some more very pertinent info, which I’ll compile and do another thread on-

I really feel great about all this!

Thanks again for the views comps' and replies-  Smiley

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!
ceieio
MCI 7 DD 8V71, HT740

1973 MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 06:40:22 PM »

Brill-o:  could be the float that shut her down.  That will come around I am sure.  I noticed your "mind the gap" signature... I worked in Surry (Weybridge) and would often ride the underground when in London.  I would stock up on "mind the gap" refrigerator magnets at the tourist shops (Churchills I think) on Oxford street.  I would give these to people after a blunder as a good natured momento.

There are some large gaps to step across in the stations where the platform curves (like Knightsbridge as I recall) but that is not really what we are talking about here, is it?  :-)

Craig - MC7 Oregon

Craig MC7 - Oregon USA
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 04:10:28 AM »

Brill. . . .of course I'm pround of you guys for getting the old gal running  Wink, but I gotta tell you, your description was the BEST part of this whole deal Grin!  Thanks for entertaining us while informing us, and YES, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Grin  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: