Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 05:48:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Over the road A/C  (Read 8090 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2006, 08:48:43 AM »

Is that per hour?  Jack

we produce about 270-500btu's of heat (as researched on the web), depending on if your skinny or fat (hence I think I produce about 600btu's).

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2006, 03:58:26 PM »

Thanks Cliff, but I had looked at that one and e-mailed the seller. . .am waiting for a reply.  It is a rebuilt, but I agree it's a lot less money, if it will work.  It's just hard to see for sure if it will work for ours, so I asked for a front view or cross reference confirmation.  There are three different compressors that can be put on this van, and of course, ours is the most expensive.  The parts house we use, ordered the one they thought it was, and it was wrong, so they had to ship it back.  Now, it looks like they can't even order the correct one unitl August 21, which means my poor guy will be hot till then. 

I'm hoping to find one sooner, because since he's a service guy, he doesn't want to switch vans temporarily. . . those guys are funny that way. . .they have everything where they want it and would rather take the day off than run service out of another truck.  Of course, it's too hot to take off, so he insists on driving that hot truck.  Wouldn't be so bad, except it was 108 today, and I worry about him.

I found one just like what we needed, item # 8051177167, but, of course, it was sold when I found it.  I've e-mailed the seller to see if he has another.  This is the one we need for sure, so am keeping my fingers crossed.  Thanks again for your help, Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2006, 04:51:14 PM »

Christy,

Glad to help.

I can feel the pain, when one of my two favorite A/C persons's may have to pay retail Grin Shocked

Hope it works out.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2006, 05:55:54 PM »

I haven't used it yet, but there is a drop in replacement for R-12 called 'FREEZE-12'. U wouldn't need to change anything if U used it.
Just a thought,
kyle4501

I've been using "Freeze 12" since it hit the market and love it it works great! Also don't tell anyone I said this but I been chang'n expansion valves and just re-fill'n buses with R-134 leaving some 12 in it with great cooling results too!

But even if you print this and save it, and show it too me later I'll deny it till the end ! LOL! you know gubberments regs and such! LOL!

Smiley Wink Cheesy It's gonna be a Blast at the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's check out the "TN Fall Bus Bash" Thread to see what all we got planned! Grin Shocked Roll Eyes

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2006, 05:58:21 PM »

Hmmm, Freeze 12, huh?  Anybody got more on this stuff?
Dennis
Hi Yo Silver!

Napa is where I get it! BK

Smiley Wink Cheesy It's gonna be a Blast at the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's check out the "TN Fall Bus Bash" Thread to see what all we got planned! Grin Shocked Roll Eyes

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2006, 06:03:59 PM »

Man, we have to replace the compressor on a 2002 Dodge Van, so they tell us it's a "dealer item".  We call the dealer and price it. . . just under $800. Shocked  Yes, I said, $800 for a compressor for a van. . .a van. .. not a semi, not a bus, a stupid 1/2 ton van! Angry  Don't have a choice about replacing it either, as the whole from of the compressor fell off. Cheesy   Needless to say, we are exploring other options to secure that compressor,  Wink.  Christy Hicks

Christy try car-part.com hopefully you'll find one there! BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: