Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 10:49:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Power ---- Help  (Read 7650 times)
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2009, 07:32:25 PM »

I"m stuck in Kettlemen city, CA.   Was zipping up I 5 and pulled in to eat.  Started bus she sounded ok, but like she was loading up for a second then the RPM would go back up.   Went to pull out and have no throttle when not in Neutral.  Changed Filters 2 wks ago (remember oil leak saga)...   Any suggestions???  Can make 2 mph if not on hill. 

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
K234039

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 07:37:35 PM »

Do you have an air throttle?  If a fitting comes off thats what happens.
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 07:39:36 PM »

Do you have an air throttle?  If a fitting comes off thats what happens.

wish it were so, have elecrtic throttle.  Can redline her when she's in Neutral.  But she builds R's a bit slower than usual.

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 07:54:33 PM »

Matt sounds like you have lost one of the 2 - 12 volt feeds for the ECM for the DDEC.

The best of my memories it is one for each side of the injection or something like that!

Call Don Fairchild @ six six one-391- 4520 he knows the area and your system better than I can remember! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 07:57:53 PM »

Sorry, Matt. I don't have any good ideas. I would assume that your throttle is electronically controlled. If so, I might guess a throttle sensor, but you have great throttle in neutral...so that don't figure.

Just for grins and giggles, do you have a spare set of filters you could spin on?

When you are in drive, does it just not throttle up? What happens? Do you go to step on the throttle, in Drive, and then it just RPM's high, but you don't move? Or do you not get any RPM's when you are in drive? I am just trying to figure out if it is a lack of RPM's, or if it could possibly be a brake issue.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 08:06:17 PM »

Matt sounds like you have lost one of the 2 - 12 volt feeds for the ECM for the DDEC.

The best of my memories it is one for each side of the injection or something like that!

Call Don Fairchild @ six six one-391- 4520 he knows the area and your system better than I can remember! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

No answer, I guess I'll give him a call in the AM ...  I checked the fuses, they are happy and not corroded but I re-seated them just in case. 

Thanks BK!

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 08:07:43 PM »

Sorry, Matt. I don't have any good ideas. I would assume that your throttle is electronically controlled. If so, I might guess a throttle sensor, but you have great throttle in neutral...so that don't figure.

Just for grins and giggles, do you have a spare set of filters you could spin on?

When you are in drive, does it just not throttle up? What happens? Do you go to step on the throttle, in Drive, and then it just RPM's high, but you don't move? Or do you not get any RPM's when you are in drive? I am just trying to figure out if it is a lack of RPM's, or if it could possibly be a brake issue.

God bless,

John

John,

I get RPM in Neut, but it's slow gaining R's.  When I put it in D, or any gear it just idles with my foot on the floor.  Gotta love computers, eh?  

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 03:28:58 AM »

Matt, Here is another number for Don, not sure if it's good though.

Good Luck!

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 03:50:40 AM »

Check the plugs on your DDEC.  There are several smaller plus of which one goes to the injectors on one side of the engine and another that ges to the injectors on the other side of the engine.  I had one come loose and gave the loss of power that you have described.  Just like bad fuel filters.  We fixed it with tyewraps after the shop replaced two injectors.   I hope your problem is that easy.

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 04:15:47 AM »

I assume you are still asleep. Hope you have solved already but if you haven't gotten help yet;sures sounds electrical..check your batt voltage engine controls are very sensitive..what ever happened apparently happened over a short time span;loose connection,bad connection,bad batt(one bad batt can screw up every thing)good luck....your best bet is Don.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 04:51:23 AM »

With cold engine, start engine and feel both exhaust manifolds. If one remains colder than the other, the injectors on that side are not injecting. Possible wiring issue on that side?  Jack
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:07:03 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 05:03:19 AM »

Matt ck out thread hockey teams bus I pulled it to top for you...good luck

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 05:21:18 AM »

Matt, did the check engine light come on?  If so, you can check the code via the ignition switch.  I don't know the exact process, but it it something like turning on the switch a couple of times  and then the check engine light will blink out the code.  There are three numbers and you have to count the blinks for each digit.  If you can do that, we can be of more help.  Might also want to post your phone number.

TO ALL:  you should all think about converting your fuel filter system to a Fuel Pro 382 (http://www.davcotec.com/products.html).  Best investment a person can make.  It is available at DDC dealers and most truck dealers.  You replace both of your filters with this unit and you can SEE if you have a fuel filter problem.  You can also see when you need to change filters rather than blindly replacing filters.  It is also self priming (you need to pour fuel back in, but then it primes the engine if you need it).  A bit pricey, but worth every penny when you have these sorts of problems.  A very large number of commercial trucks use the system.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 05:33:56 AM »

What codes are flashing sounds to me like a fuel problem.
DDEC 2 strokes the fuel pump gets weak and will cause a similar problem they have a different pump than the mechanical engines.
Go for new filters first and check for leaks

good luck
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:51:21 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 05:46:32 AM »

Far from expert here, but I would say that if you get absolutely no throttle response in gear, then it's probably computer/electrical.  If you get even just a little reponse, then maybe a fuel problem.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: