Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 03:25:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Power ---- Help  (Read 7647 times)
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 08:44:06 PM »

The imporant part is someone had a problem and is back up and running again through various people's help from this board. It sucks to have a problem but it sure is great to have so many informed people to help one get back on their way. I wish I could help out on occasion.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
cody

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2009, 08:50:21 PM »

Thats the way I feel, it's frustrating to read about someone thats having a problem on the road and i don't have a clue how to help them, now if only someone would write that they are broke down on the side of the road with a cabinet door that fell off or a cabinet that fell off the wall I'd know how to help but I just haven't learned much about engines yet.  I'm just so thankful that we have such a wide range of experience here that if it's electrical, there is help, if it's mechanical, there is still help.
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 05:29:48 AM »

I am just getting ready to hook up all of the wiring on the Series 60 reinstall and I like the idea of spraying all of the connections with Termin-8R.  Problem is, that I can't seem to find a place to buy it. 

Anyone have a source?

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 05:38:12 AM »

Jim, any marine dealer like Eastern it a marine electronic grease good stuff 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 05:41:45 AM »

Ok I have to ask if I spray should I disconnect the batteries first.
I think i have to but just wanted to ask.

1976 4905
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2009, 08:40:33 AM »

Pete;

No I am not mad at you, this had nothing to do with you or Jim or Clifford or Bryce, this is as BK said. The lurky loos.

I handled this wrong. I should not have brought this on the board.
This has been going on for some time, when ever I get involved I get dumped on by these people.

I let my guard down and it got to me yesterday. I apologize to all of the good people on the board

Again sorry for bringing this here.

Don
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2009, 09:16:18 AM »

The spray you use for this electronic wiring protection should specifically say it is dielectric.

Otherwise you might be spraying liquid conductor in there to short it all out?

Batteries can be left hooked up, there shouldn't be any current flow with a dielectric.

Stand by, I'm trying to find out where and under what other names Termin8tr may be purchased.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2009, 09:28:35 AM »

I'm in Sacto. parked and a bit rested after breakdowns and the LONG drive from the Gulf Coast to the Left Coast.  Wink

Again, Thank ALL of you who rendered assistance by helping me eliminate unknowns and guiding me to the answer.  Thanks for taking my calls late at night, for returning my calls, and for calling me out of the blue.  Knowing that there are people willing to help by sharing their knowledge and experience was very comforting.  Even the bad jokes about Eagles helped.

Thanks for holding my hand and having the patience to explain SLOWLY, IN VERY SMALL WORDS what I had to do to fix her. Wink

Thanks for calling after she was fixed the support meant more than you know.

Thanks for posting for me cuz I was so damned twitterpaited 'cuz she was running that I moved her across a parking with loose bolts  tools on the bumper, and an open bay! 

Thanks for all the preventative maintenance advise after I was on the road.  I will find some anti-corrosion-snot and new connectors. 

Thanks for the humor dark and otherwise. =) 

I'd better stop before the neighbors start singing Kumbaya.   

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
Bestekustoms
EAGLE

1969 EAGLE 05 1967 Eagle 04 1972 Eagle 05 +More

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2009, 10:43:50 AM »

Bad Eagle Jokes!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Huh  What??.... Well I Never!! Cheesy Cheesy

Never Knew There Was Such A Thing Roll Eyes

JOHN Cool

"IT IS..... WHAT IT IS"
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2009, 11:26:33 AM »

KUMBAYA!!! Grin Kiss Cry
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:28:43 AM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Bestekustoms
EAGLE

1969 EAGLE 05 1967 Eagle 04 1972 Eagle 05 +More

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2009, 11:57:34 AM »

Slow That Thing Down !!! Cant Read The SOB..

WOW Is That What You Have Been Doing All Day???  VERY GOOD.

LOL !!!!!!!!!10-4

JOHN

"IT IS..... WHAT IT IS"
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2009, 02:01:33 PM »

Buswarrior,

I think there is a disconnect about the products being discussed and their relative applications.  Firstly, you mentioned "dielectric spray".  That stuff is a superb insulator that is sprayed on the OUTSIDE of a "connected" connector.  The dielectric waterproofs the connector and wiring and INSULATES whatever it touches.  If you spray that inside a terminal connector you will have just disabled that connector.  Getting that "paint" out of the connector may be a bridge too far and you will probably need to replace the entire connector.  Secondly we have cleaner.  That stuff gets sprayed on the connector and then you, quick like a bunny, push the connector together and then apart many times.  That will serve to clean the connector contacts and not short or insulate anything.  Thirdly, and I think this was what most of the postings were about, SILICONE GREASE is used to fill the connector prior to assembly.  It is a superb insulator and is used for spark plug boots to prevent arcing.  Curious FACT is that while it is an insulator it will actually IMPROVE the connection of pins where it is applied and also very important is that it will bar moisture or corrosion from the terminals or contacts.  This stuff seems to be not only ambidextrous / and a switch hitter but it is batting 1000 on either side of the plate.  See why it might be confusing?  Dielectric was poison in one case and a real plus in another.  Spray means it is paint....me thinks.  I have the liquid tape in spray and it ain't for the inside of connectors.  I am repeating what others have said and my objective is to add clarification.  If this leaves you more confused then you are for sure who I wanted to get through to.

Ok, so who did I tick off?  Warrior?  We still on speaking terms?  Any Lurkers out there want to share off line?  On line?

John

John,

HTRN tells me that if you are blocked by someone then your PM comes back to you "unopened".  I wish the guy that blocked me would tell me who he is cause i am getting fatigued having people answer my PM with a" NOPE, It ain't me JohnEd".  Kidding there! Grin

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2009, 05:00:59 PM »

Nope, it ain't me, JohnEd.  Grin Cheesy Grin.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2009, 05:07:21 PM »

Not me JohnEd I just don't answer see you in Q I hope 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2009, 05:11:50 PM »

Not me JohnEd I just don't answer see you in Q I hope 

good luck

Clifford, do you mind PM'ing me your email addy?

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: