Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 08:07:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Power ---- Help  (Read 7514 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »

DANG NABBIT! Angry Huh Grin  its driving me crazy and I know in my heart that the guy won't fess up for that reason alone if no other.  Really stuck cause i can't say i don't give a hoot cause then I would find out and if....never mind, I'll just up the dosage on my sleep meds.  That'l teach'em. Tongue

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2009, 09:21:15 PM »

JohnEd,sorry,little late. Nope not me either! Shocked Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2009, 03:02:59 AM »

Not me JohnEd I just don't answer see you in Q I hope 

good luck

Clifford, do you mind PM'ing me your email addy?

God bless,

John

Thanks Clifford Wink.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2009, 07:24:47 AM »

JohnEd, it's me!  I confess!  I did it!  You can now sleep easy knowing that IT'S MEEE!  bwahahahaha...

Wait.  The very fact that I read your emails about this proves it's not me.  Curses - foiled again!  And - the guy who blocked you doesn't know you're looking for him!  You can sneak up on him!

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2009, 07:58:23 PM »

John Ed, not me!

I guess in reading all of this...and I have made a quickie to Fort Myers, FL and back, haven't been able to read until now...I am amazed at the pettiness of someone complaining about who took credit for 'fixin' MattC's problem!

Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2009, 08:01:25 PM »

I am amazed at the pettiness of someone complaining about who took credit for 'fixin' MattC's problem!

Jack

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I took a good chuckle over the pettiness too, Jack. After all, why would anybody pm, Don. If Pete had an issue, he could have solved it with Don. Those other didn't need to get involved at all....sheesh.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2009, 08:55:03 PM »

ok, back from a few days R&R.

For those who wanted to source Termin8tr:

In Canada, Traction Heavy Duty Parts (NAPA's heavy division) carries the product, either on the shelf or they can order it from their catalogue.

In the US, at this time, you can only order by the case, a case has...darn, 12 cans maybe? anyway, contact Spectra directly, ask for Andy, he's expecting a few calls. Here's the link again:
http://www.spectra-ssa.com/inforequest.html

I'm still friends with everyone!

The spray I use, Termin8tr, is a penetrating spray and a corrosion inhibitor and is dielectric. There are others, Fluid Film is another I have used.

Sprayed into wiring and connectors, it creeps up the wires, prevents corrosion, frees stuck parts, etc etc.

The trouble with dielectric grease, its effectiveness is local to where it was applied, and it is completely dependent on the efforts of the person applying it to get it deep into the sockets, or not. Air pockets prevent it touching the deepest parts of some styles of connectors. Dielectric grease will not defend against the creeping green or black death running down the conductors. The spray creeps down the cables, inside the insulation.

The busnut challenge moving ever deeper into the world of electronic controls, is keeping corrosion from walking up the conductors inside the insulation from the ends.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2009, 07:19:09 AM »

I have been quite impressed with CorrosionX (http://www.corrosionx.com/marine.html).  They do not mention it on the main page, but on this page:  http://www.corrosionx.com/ma_use.html, they mention the "extraordinary dielectric properties".  

I have used it on my battery connections, but not on electrical connections like the connections to the ECM.  Seems to me to be a bit "greasy" and I am not sure if that is good or bad.

Anyone have experience with this product on critical electrical connections?

It is getting much easier to find - supposed to be at True Value hardware stores.  Used to have to go to a marine outlet or an RV trade show.

Jim

Please note that I have started a new thread on this subject.  Any replies on the subject should be posted there.  Thanks
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 05:33:30 AM by rv_safetyman » Logged

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: