Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 03:18:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pex for Webasto/Proheat  (Read 4655 times)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 05:02:32 AM »

Do you guys use fittings for every 90 bend?  Trying bend 90's with that stuff is like fighting a damned python and you need a boat anchor to hold it in place; well almost.......

Ray D

Yes. Whenever you do a 90, you need to use a fitting. I am not sure what would happen otherwise Shocked. I guess it would be to big of an arc, and look kinda rough with just a bend, and not fitting.

FWIW

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 05:26:34 AM »

Fittings are not to be used in the floor because of possible leaks, this is why they sell coils of 1000' so that the tubing can be one continuous loop. Go to www.pexsupply.com they carry just about everything you could possible need. Fittings should be either in a wall for access if necessary or in accessible areas.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 05:31:03 AM »

Yes. Whenever you do a 90, you need to use a fitting. I am not sure what would happen otherwise Shocked. I guess it would be to big of an arc, and look kinda rough with just a bend, and not fitting.

There are special metal or plastic bend supports for making a 90 without a fitting.  It does take up a bit more space than a fitting, but no leak possibilities.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 05:38:58 AM »

Yes you are correct, they are recommended so the pex doesn't kink when doing a 90 or a 180 in radiant loops.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 05:43:36 AM »

Guys you are plumbing a bus not a house use the fittings to relieve the stress common pratice in the RV world in the 1 mil +coaches and it has never been a problem why would they sell the fittings strap in down and worry about other things but do it your way  

good luck
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:08:44 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 06:44:27 AM »

I need a part number or source for "Heat Pex"  I don't find any rated over 180 degrees.  Have chcked Vanguard, (now Viega) Pex Supply and researched the net.  Nick, What am I missing?

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 08:16:30 AM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:15:52 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
TexasBorderDude

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 08:25:29 AM »

Maybe I was unclear, according to the link below the rating is 200 degrees...  I'm looking for the 240 degree rating Nick mentioned.

Dallas, please send me that Google link.... Huh

http://www.thermapextubing.com/technicalinformation.asp
ThermaPEX® Tubing Ratings

* ThermaPEX® Tubing carries following ratings as issued by Plastic Pipe Institute: 73° F: 160 psi - 180° F: 100 psi - 200° F: 80 psi

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
Just Dallas

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 09:56:59 AM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:15:22 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

sweeney153

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 10:51:11 AM »

I got mine from
Radiantec Company
PO Box 1111
Lyndonville, VT 05851
1-800-451-7593
www.radiantec.com

They have been in business a long time and are very helpful. they will help design your layout or the whole system I just started talking to them about my bus. I have no connection to them other then being a happy customer, but I highly re-comend them. I deal with Don Vance DonV@Radiantec.com

Kevin

Warwick NY
1964 4106-2703 8V71 Spicer 4 speed
TexasBorderDude

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »

I just went to http://www.google.com and typed in "Heat Pex"

It came up with this:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=heat+pex&aq=f&aqi=g-p1g9&oq=&fp=25d2df88517031cf

661,000 sites found, some of which will have what you want.

Mighty cleaver of you Dallas!  I looked at most of the links on the first several pages yesterday.  Please let me know when you've found 240 degree pex, 'cause that's the real object of the search!

Just Dallas

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 11:49:04 AM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:13:38 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

TexasBorderDude

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 12:37:43 PM »

Dallas, yep Google works that way... type in words and it searches.  I am skeptical that there is such a product as 240 degree pex and asked Nick for a part number or link to such product.  None of the specs I can find exceed 200 degrees and since Nick is the expert I asked him to share his sources.  So far you or no one else has come up with it... Google will come up with search results  (as will Peanut butter Pex too!)

Why?  I'm plumbing a hydronic heating system and want a loop to tie into my engine coolant.  200 degree plus coolant circulating and if there was such a thing as a "Heat Pex"  rated at 240 degrees (as was the claim in one of the first posts of this thread)  I'd like to use it.  Seems to be like the mystical Hong Kong doctor, Dr. Chang, who rebuilds hymens.  People talk about it, but nobody's seen it done!

Just Dallas

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 03:15:20 PM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:13:12 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

TexasBorderDude

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 03:52:39 PM »

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  I apologize for any offense and appreciate all help given... I'm just trying to find the 240 degree stuff if there is any such thing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: