Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 07:31:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eagle Torsion Tube Busted Weld: Can It Be Fixed?  (Read 1079 times)
busboy

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2006, 07:01:53 PM »

Before I take my Eagle 10 to Stewart & Stevenson in Denger in the morning I was looking over the bus for anything else that may need fixing
and I found that the rear torsion tube on the passenger side of the bus has recently busted the weld on the seam and is slightly gaping.
It looks like it could be cinched back together with a clamp and welded.  Anybody else have this problem?  Opinions...
Also, while the radiator is out, what else should be changed that might be hard to do later?  I'm definately having belts changed.
Happy Trails,
Brent
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 11:28:23 AM »

Brent,

You have to be careful with the welding. The Eagle torsilastic is filled with rubber - heat & rubber usually don't mix. Also putting an electrical charge to a coach that has delicate electrical wire & systems is also a risky operation. I have had Prevost customers that have blown out expensive plasma TV's & other expensive electronics by welding on the coach.

Rich
800-468-5287
Wormy 402

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 07:18:59 PM »

yes it can be fixed.  do not weld on it.  you can make a doubler for it and clamp it back together.  i have been using this fix for years with no problem.  if you want more info. on how to build a doubler, let me know.           Duane
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: