Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 06:25:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magnetic Powered Generator  (Read 4141 times)
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 07:08:51 AM »

Watching the video from Australia again the inventor states that it produces 5 times more power thank it consumes. ...

And where does all this extra power come from?  Again, you can't get something for nothing, it is simply impossible.

Here is a link to Lutec which is the one from Australia: ...

Two minutes of Googling around about Lutec will reveal that it is widely regarded as a hoax and a scam.  Australia has very strict libel laws, however, making it difficult for many to come out against the outfit within OZ itself.  However, their latest scam seems to be trying to bilk money out of investors.  (It looks like plans are no longer for sale).  And while "Lutec" sounds like an impressive corporate name, the guy's name is Lu.

I do not know how efficiently this works but it does seem to work. There was a group of men that ran there tests on it and stated the efficiency was only I think in the 24% range.

When you say it "seems" to work, what are you basing this on?  No one outside of Lu himself has ever "seen" this thing work -- that's the classical scam.  It's like a shell game or a magic act -- observed from a distance (such as on video), it all looks like it's working, right up until you take the magician away.  In order for it to "seem" to the rest of the world like it works, he needs to build one and then give it to someone else (*not* an accomplice) to run.

I would think that it could be possible.

Sorry, to say, no, it can not be possible.  If wishes were horses, beggars would ride, but all the wishful thinking in the world can not make energy appear out of nothing any more than it can turn lead into gold.

... contention was that the energy produced by two magnets repelling each other was matched by the energy required to bring them together in the first place. This works if the magnets are in the same horizontal plane, but not if one is moving vertically under no influence other than the force of gravity.

Magnetic fields are fully three dimensional.  It takes the same energy to move alike magnetic poles together in the vertical plane as in the horizontal plane; that's the only amount of energy you will get back when the poles repel each other.

Perendev has also been shown to be another hoax.

These companies (Perendev, Lutec, MagniWork, etc. etc.) persist because the public has shown over and over again that they will pay money for this stuff, so great is the siren call of perpetual motion, even though the outcome is the same every time.  Pseudo-science is profitable; look at how much money the snake oil people make every year: consumers want to believe in this junk.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 07:19:10 AM »

I don't know what all the fuss is about.........i never made it past the first picture. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 07:27:46 AM »

Ed, you made me look! There is enough energy there to do me for a little while this morning Grin

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
cody

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 07:39:28 AM »

The mindset of some of the people on this board sickens me, you do realize that many of these things that you say don't work and will never work have been in the testing stages for a long time.  GM has them, volvo has one, saab has one, several well respected universities have working models they demonstrate from time to time, they are even exploring the possibility for diesel but I'm not going to try to convince anyone, I'll let time do that, and yes the world is round .  I don't know about the magnetic device and I'm very scheptical about it but the hydrogen power for vehicles has been in existance for a long time, even if some shade tree mechanics that claim to have engineering degree's refute the existance of them, but I'm not going to fight the mindset, time will prove it right or wrong.  Just remember that the laws of physics are not cast in stone, they have been altered and changed several times and nothing in the laws of physics say it's impossible, the one most quoted is that energy cannot be created or destroyed, the part thats often left out is that it can be changed.  Enough said, start the flames.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 07:55:21 AM by cody » Logged
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 08:07:35 AM »

Magnetic fields are fully three dimensional.  It takes the same energy to move alike magnetic poles together in the vertical plane as in the horizontal plane; that's the only amount of energy you will get back when the poles repel each other.

-Sean

Of course, but the point is that in the vertical plane the energy required to move the magnets together can be gravity, and therefore considered 'free' - therefore any work done by the magnets moving themselves apart again can also be considered 'free' Free energy - what a shocker.

Of course this isn't the case, but the point is that I cannot get my head around why. But in order to get 'continuous gravity' you would need to build a machine as big as a planet (or as small an an atom) to get the orbits to work.

This is just my musing - don't take it too seriously. And I'm definitely not going to get drawn into Cody's big-business conspiracy theories either!

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 08:38:53 AM »

Energy derived from gravity isn't free because in order to utilize it, you had to first expend energy by placing the object in a position to be able to move towards the gravity generator.  You had to pick it up before you could let it fall.  Inevitably the energy expended to raise the object is greater than the energy gained by letting it fall under the influence of gravity.  Not to mention losses that must exist due to friction from bearings, mechanical linkages, air (unless you postulate all this happening without external devices of any sort and in a perfect vacuum, which doesn't exist either).

The laws of physics have never changed and will never change.  At best, our understanding of them has changed.  This is about the same as the fallacy that concepts like parallel, zero and infinity actually exist.  They don't, they are merely useful ideas for allowing certain calculations to be performed.

Now, do I believe that someday a device may be invented that draws energy from some currently unknown source, like a parallel universe, or the 'ether'?  Will that device create free energy?  Maybe to us it will, same as a battery is free energy and magic to someone who knows no chemistry.  I mean, stick a couple of pins into a lemon and run your laptop for free?  well, no, you  had to grow the lemon, carry it to where you needed it, find the pins, and stick them in the lemon.  Eventually the chemical reaction will stabilize and you'll have to go find another lemon and maybe some new pins.  But free energy from some parallel universe will still follow the laws of physics, we just might have to stand in a different place to read the book that explains them...

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 08:43:39 AM »

Go back and carefully listen to what the output of the generator is- 24kw per day-not per hour like our generators are rated at.  So on a per hour basis, that magnetic generator is putting out 1kw per hour.  Buying a generator that only puts out 1,000 watts for $5,000.00 is VERY expensive.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 09:28:56 AM »

Energy derived from gravity isn't free because in order to utilize it, you had to first expend energy by placing the object in a position to be able to move towards the gravity generator.  You had to pick it up before you could let it fall.  Inevitably the energy expended to raise the object is greater than the energy gained by letting it fall under the influence of gravity.  Not to mention losses that must exist due to friction from bearings, mechanical linkages, air (unless you postulate all this happening without external devices of any sort and in a perfect vacuum, which doesn't exist either).

I believe that's only true for conventional Earth-bound situations; imagine a spaceship traveling towards a planet - if it's on one course it will pass by the planet with no change in speed or direction. If it happens to be on a slightly different course (no extra energy consumed) it will accelerate or 'slingshot' around the planet due to that planet's gravity.

Go back and carefully listen to what the output of the generator is- 24kw per day-not per hour like our generators are rated at.  So on a per hour basis, that magnetic generator is putting out 1kw per hour.  Buying a generator that only puts out 1,000 watts for $5,000.00 is VERY expensive.  Good Luck, TomC

The generator isn't producing any Kilowatts at all Tom.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 10:00:21 AM »

I believe that's only true for conventional Earth-bound situations; imagine a spaceship traveling towards a planet - if it's on one course it will pass by the planet with no change in speed or direction. If it happens to be on a slightly different course (no extra energy consumed) it will accelerate or 'slingshot' around the planet due to that planet's gravity.

And the resulting increase in the spaceship's dynamic energy results in an identically-sized decrease in the planet's dynamic energy.  Again, no free lunch.  Just as one billiard ball can impart some or all of its energy to another billiard ball when they collide, so, too, can one object in space impart energy to another.

In this case, gravity is just an instrument in the transfer of energy.  Because the mass of the spaceship is very small and the planet very large, the same amount of energy responsible for a huge increase in the speed of the spaceship is responsible for a tiny, almost imperceptible decrease in the speed of the planet.  If you sent enough spaceships through this, the planet would eventually slow to a standstill.

Total energy is conserved, just as dictated by the First Law.

In fact, without relying on the First Law, scientists and engineers could not calculate anything in orbital mechanics.  Nor could they, for example, calculate the size of radiator needed to keep your engine cool, or how far your bus can go on a gallon of fuel.

Here is a link to a better explanation of "slingshot" or gravity assist:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_assist

-Sean

(edited to add WikiPedia link)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:12:25 AM by Sean » Logged

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 10:01:38 AM »

Well I am glad I posted this and got everyone to thinking about the possibilities or lack thereof  Grin At least I now know there is not one that I can throw into my bus and power it for the rest of my life, CRAP  Undecided Undecided Angry

Thanks for all the interesting posts! And some laughs  Cheesy Cheesy Grin

You never know, some day???

Bryan
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 10:24:25 AM »

I think that the guy who is selling these plans, might also be selling this... Shocked

http://cgi.ebay.com/TESLA-COIL-RADIONIC-BLACK-BOX-FREE-ENERGY-PSIONICS-PLAN_W0QQitemZ110462841364QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b8193214

Lol

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 11:05:19 AM »

And the resulting increase in the spaceship's dynamic energy results in an identically-sized decrease in the planet's dynamic energy.  Again, no free lunch.  Just as one billiard ball can impart some or all of its energy to another billiard ball when they collide, so, too, can one object in space impart energy to another.

In this case, gravity is just an instrument in the transfer of energy.  Because the mass of the spaceship is very small and the planet very large, the same amount of energy responsible for a huge increase in the speed of the spaceship is responsible for a tiny, almost imperceptible decrease in the speed of the planet.  If you sent enough spaceships through this, the planet would eventually slow to a standstill.

True - and for the same reason the energy transferred from the Sun to the Earth will eventually cause the Sun to go supernova and end this debate for good - but in the meantime there is perhaps enough energy waiting to be exploited in the universe for us not to need 'free lunches' just yet.

Incidentally, whilst thinking about it a little earlier I remembered that when I looked into magnetic motors before I did come across a type that genuinely worked. I forget what it's called but they use a special type of magnetic material where the magnetism turns off and on according to temperature - if arranged properly this material can give a fixed magnet the properties of an electromagnet, hence the basics of a conventional electric motor. Raising and lowering the temperature requires an energy input of course, but as I understand it this heat energy doesn't in any way 'create' the magnetism, it merely turns it on and off. So is the energy inputted into the system contributing to the energy outputted, or merely controlling it? I'm not sure.

Jeremy

bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 11:17:34 AM »

Nick,

When I looked at the eBay link you posted, I first thought it was to read minds  Shocked There for a second I thought I could just quit posting questions and read everyone's mind from afar and not even need to type anymore  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Good one  Grin

Bryan
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2009, 05:14:15 PM »

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth . . .

I am in negotiations with my Antipodean colleagues to obtain the first batch of refined WRO* from them.  I have converted my engine to successfully run on this exciting new fuel, and it produces more power, less pollution, and the exhaust smells of fresh Copperhead.   I have plans available for only $99.99 for anyone else who wants to also get similar benefits from their engine.   No more diesel for me!   Be the first on your block to run your engine on real snake oil (beware of imitators).

John, listening to Johann Strauss's Perpetuum Mobile as I type this

PS  -  Sean is right, Einstein was right (mostly).
*  -  Waste Reptile Oil
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:31:39 PM by Iceni John » Logged

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2009, 06:12:16 PM »

Well since GM has HHO - We (government) own 60% of GM - We (government) must be co-conspirators -

BTW - HHO is magic

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: