Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 11:43:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bench Testing Webasto  (Read 7444 times)
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2009, 09:49:05 AM »

Bryce,

I have kept up on some of your posts. Not had very good luck lately, have you  Sad Sounds like you are due for a break  Grin

Things usually have a way of working out. There are definitely allot of good people on this board.

Good luck,
Bryan
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2009, 12:37:18 PM »

Clifford and Bryan;

Great to hear about a new source for parts with good people. I need to take mine out in the next two weeks or so and clean and service it, it's not working at this time. I bought a new injector nozzle from Nick last week ( what a great guy to do business with ) now I have to find the time to do the work. I have watched this thread with great interest as you may have guessed.

Thanks

Don
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2009, 04:51:42 PM »

WooHoo! It works  Grin At least it is putting out a flame. I am guessing it should be more of a jet type flame? Is this how it is supposed to burn? Here is a video of it running. I took a single pole relay off the old control unit and put it on the new one that John sent to me.

Webasto DBW 2010

Thanks,
Bryan
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 04:53:23 PM by bryanhes » Logged
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2009, 05:06:53 PM »

I bench tested mine also (without the blast tube).The flame I had was more or less a ball of flame....I think if I had put on the blast tube,it would have looked like your flame.

Our two units certainly sound similar.

And my 'no start in cold weather' problem was rectified by using the pre-heat element for about 15 seconds or so before firing. I spoke with John today, and he highly recommended the nozzle-preheat especially if the temp is below freezing. It fired up at -30 on the first try after pre-heating.

Im gonna retest tomorrow when it goes to -34. Brrrr.

Hope the rest of your install goes well.

Mark

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2009, 05:10:51 PM »

You must be pleased that the weather is cooperating so well for your testing Mark.  If it was warm now you wouldn't know whether it would work when it gets cold so it must be a great relief to have that worry removed.
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2009, 05:47:03 PM »

I just got off the phone with Brian at Webasto. He is in Tech Support but was in the field for many years. He said it is not supposed to throw a flame out the end of the tube. Thinks the pressure may be turned up to high. So it looks like I need to take the old nozzle and make a fitting out of it to hook up a pressure tester.

The upside is that it ran  Grin

Bryan

stevet903

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2009, 07:35:54 PM »

Great news Bryan!!  Did the new old unit have any identifying numbers on the relays?

Steve
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2009, 07:51:18 PM »

Steve,

Did the new old unit have any identifying numbers on the relays?

Only on the four single pole relays. They are still being sneaky about the double pole relay  Roll Eyes From looking at the cover for the new old unit it was from about 1997.

I think I will get a couple more relays from John and solder them into the old unit and then have a spare  Grin

Bryan
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2009, 03:21:28 AM »

Hi Bryan,

Great Video... Looks like my shop with webasto flames every morning...

Do you know how to adjust the fuel pump? I kinda think you do making a PSI gague....

Good Luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2009, 07:08:17 AM »

Nick,

Yes I know how to adjust it, I just need to make a connection for a pressure tester. I was told by the Webasto tech to drill out and tap my old nozzle and put a fitting for a pressure tester. So I figure that is what I will do unless there is an easier solution. He thought the pressure was to high and that the flames should not be coming out the tube like it was so I need to adjust the pressure. I thought I would check it and if it is in the range I could use the .35 nozzle you sent me.

Bryan
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2009, 03:08:37 PM »

Yes, drilling out an old nozzle, a comfortable length of brass pipe and the pressure gauge of your choice attached to the end is the way to do it.

Part of your PM of these units is to check fuel pressure, so you will use the rig again!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: