Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 05:21:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooling the coach to hang meat  (Read 3670 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 03:38:03 AM »

JohnEd, the ceramic will work on the outside but it is a waste of time and money spraying on the inside been there done that I sprayed my MCI on the inside and it did no good.
I also found if you paint it with a dark color on the outside it doesn't work.
It is not a insulation it has no R value only reflection proprieties that is why I don't understand spraying it on floors and the engine compartment.
Tom Hall a friend of Freds sold it for years over at CCC I noticed he does not sell it any longer on his board why I have no idea

good luck
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:37:28 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 07:03:06 AM »

John Ed, look it up on the web address......tcceramics.com. The phone number is 206 363 5010. Speak with Rich and tell him you talked to Ken Masters about putting it on his bus. He will gladly send you a sample. It IS not an insulation. It is a ceramic reflective material. It keeps the heat from absorbing into the interior. You could burn your hand on the heat being absorbed before spraying the ceramics, and now, you can not even feel any warmth when touching. So, it would be the same thing if you sprayed it in the engine area or gen area. It will keep the heat out of the interior, or, from being absorbed back into the bus. BTW, the sample we were sent was a piece of the black, and it worked with the ice cube test. So, I dont think that would make a difference. We got black for the engine area and the gen area, and the glass behind the front cabinets. Also, it will keep heat in an area also, so, that is why we spayed the interior of the bus. When heating the bus in the winter, it will reflect the heat you are using, so that it stays inside the bus. It makes sense to me, given the way it works on the outside. It is suppose to also help with noise, but, at this point, we have no proof of it, just what we are told by the company. Anyhow, we were very leary in the beginning also, but after questioning Rich many times, reading reviews of it, and then getting the sample, we are very convinced that it is what they say. It isnt cheap, so, we would not have spent the money otherwise.  BTW, the sample they send you is kinda crumply, but, it isnt when you spray it on. Once it dries, you cant chisle it off, literally. Once it dries, it is there. That is why I said it can be powerwashed. Anyhow, talk to Rich, get a sample, and you will see Shocked Grin Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 12:16:01 PM »

Ruthi,

I spoke with Rich.  What a really nice guy.  He will send me enuf to do my experiments and also enuf to forward to any that wish to do more than I will.  I wrote you a long post delineating what I will do.  It has not gotten posted that I can find and I don't want to re create it just yet.  I will add that while I didn't plan to do a "radiant heat rejection" test....I will do that and try to quantify the performance of the product as best I can.  I will provide enuf info that I can be shot down or corrected if I am technically off base and the procedure can be repeated.

Cliff,

Thank you Sir!  Was it you that had to rip out the interior to insulate?  I thought it was HTR but my memory has me pondering what I did this morning so I am not sure.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 03:36:27 PM »

Sounds good John. I wish your long post had gone thru. While we didnt do any scientific studies on it, from what we have seen and experienced so far, it was worth the money. Yes, Rich is really a nice guy, and seems to be honest about the product. Let me know what you come up with tho. Ruthi

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 05:15:04 PM »

Thanks Ruthi,

I will be as thorough as possible with my limited facility and faculty Huh Grin  People such as Boogie and Sean among others will hold my feet to the fire and not let anything slip by.  In fact, I will confer with them before I do any tests.  I feel sure that there is a positive aspect to the products performance.  Truly!

Later,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: