Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 03:42:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This will get some people stirred up  (Read 6771 times)
cody

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 09:28:30 AM »

I've found that engineers arn't really a bunch of naysayers, that normally comes from the ones that think they are engineers but arn't, there is a huge difference between a wannabe engineer and a real one and most of the real ones won't post much on the board anymore. One difference is a PE has a registry number that proves credentials and ability, I'm not saying that a lifetime of experience is worthless, much to the contrary, what I'm saying is that I hear the term engineer come up quite often and I'm asking if it is being used as a noun or what it is refereing too.  I've ran into set-up guys at welding shops that claim to be engineers, I've also seen metal fabricators that claim to be engineers, I just want to be clear on how the term is being used and in what context.
Old Scool Bus

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 09:29:26 AM »

Thanks for the psychiatric evaluation from a group who deems themselves "NUTS" Kinda like kettle meet pot, pot meet kettle. The visionless leading the blind.

For all it's worth I could be the world famous fabricator Jessie James with a team of engineers doing this and would still get the same replies. It could be done and years of running down the road and Walla the same responses.

Answers against what I want to do don't bother me it's the lack of knowledge and the extreme fear of nothing.  

This thread would have went just as it had if I named it "Please all of you so much smarter than me slap some sense into me"  So quit blaming me as a s_ _t stirrer. It's the nature of quite a few here to shoot holes in everything. So be it.

Every thing on my bus is off the wall, from the furniture I have built & am building to the door handle and the driver.  I've shown a few close & trusted friends some of the stuff I've done and got mixed reviews from WOW!!! your creative to "You gotta lot of time on your hands" "How'd you do that?"

You say you don't know me or anything about me yet you call me "Newbie" kind condesending don't you think. I've converted and helped convert more coaches than most of you and not as near as many as some of you. I have enough experience and common sense to realize once I'm into something as to whether it will work or not and to not do anything that's "Undoable" before I think it through and test it.

So I'll proceed with my plan when the time is right (Spring) evaluate everything and go from there.

Thanks

bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 09:49:02 AM »

Maybe in future you come visit us with the perspective of letting us know your progress, sharing your successes, rather than trolling for advice you know you won't follow, with thread titles that proclaim your intent to be divisive and confrontational.  That would work, I would think..

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 10:01:14 AM »

Had ti chime in as I do enjoy a good argument. When I started my eagle some 9+ years ago, I asked a million questions. At some point I talked to the owner of Infinity Coach I think it was. He was very helpful and we talked for a long time. I was asking how people did this and that. He asked me if I ever went to car shows, and did I notice all the different cars and the way  they were unique. The moral he said is if every hotrod builder did it the same you might as well go to a new car lot. Do it the way you would like to see it not the rest of the world. Research fully, and if you feel safe with your loved ones traveling in it that is all that matters. His advise made perfect sense to me and so far that has worked out well!! I have sliced and diced for 9 years with pride and my 20+ years as a mechanical engineer did not interfere at all LOL!!! Good luck and as Elvis said do it your way!!!
Old Scool Bus

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2009, 10:07:01 AM »

How bout I do this? Just do everything your way, ask permission to ask questions, get the exact wording pre approved and treat you like the bus Gods you are.

There are many forums I belong to and I skip over some threads cause they don't interest me or I have no valuable input. Feel free to do so with mine.

There are some here I could build a time warp machine powered by H2O with a perpetual motion drive system that turns WVO into fuel for our vehicles let you use it, tear it apart, reassemble it and use it again and still get "It can't work"

But I'm the bad guy cause I want intelligent answers rather than uneducated guesses.
Point out one thread on this board that hasn't went off in some other direction after the first page or someone hasn't thrown in "I don't know anything about this but here's my 2 cents"

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 10:09:02 AM »

Thanks for the psychiatric evaluation from a group who deems themselves "NUTS" Kinda like kettle meet pot, pot meet kettle. The visionless leading the blind.
For all it's worth I could be the world famous fabricator Jessie James with a team of engineers doing this and would still get the same replies. It could be done and years of running down the road and Walla the same responses.
Answers against what I want to do don't bother me it's the lack of knowledge and the extreme fear of nothing.  
This thread would have went just as it had if I named it "Please all of you so much smarter than me slap some sense into me"  So quit blaming me as a s_ _t stirrer. It's the nature of quite a few here to shoot holes in everything. So be it.
Every thing on my bus is off the wall, from the furniture I have built & am building to the door handle and the driver.  I've shown a few close & trusted friends some of the stuff I've done and got mixed reviews from WOW!!! your creative to "You gotta lot of time on your hands" "How'd you do that?"
You say you don't know me or anything about me yet you call me "Newbie" kind condesending don't you think. I've converted and helped convert more coaches than most of you and not as near as many as some of you. I have enough experience and common sense to realize once I'm into something as to whether it will work or not and to not do anything that's "Undoable" before I think it through and test it.
So I'll proceed with my plan when the time is right (Spring) evaluate everything and go from there.
Thanks

Yes I admit I said it. But hey don't get mad at me. Here on the board according to the status under your name you are infact a "Newbie"

I didn't say you have no experience, and I didn't say you are a "nut case" or that you have no business converting buses.

What I said is you have given us no insight as to who you are, what your capabilities are, or any other insight about you!

Yes I say "YOU MIGHT BE A $#!% STIRRER", but hey again I don't know!

You say you might be the great Jessie James, but NO YOU ARE NOT JESSIE JAMES!
I know this as I have met the great Jessie James and he has much more class and when he asks something he has an open mind to all answers.
AND THEN JUST GOES AND DOES WHAT THEY SAY CAN'T BE DONE with out a bunch of BS whining about it! He just out classes them by silently showing them IT CAN BE DONE!

I'm so outta here for now!
C-YA!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2009, 10:11:48 AM »

And by the way I do know something about this and with inflation this was my $.25 cents!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2009, 10:12:56 AM »

And you wonder why you get the responses you do?  Interpersonal relationships...

Are you?

By the way, I've only seen one episode of what ever that show is called, and I was not overly impressed.

Just curious where you perceive lack of knowledge in the responses you got?

See, I actually look at that as a good thing, but I know I don't know everything, and I find it's often a good idea to run my ideas by all these other guys who have completely different life experiences than I and let them shoot holes into my ideas. Of course, then it's up to me to filter out the BS and decide what part of their responses are valid and worthwhile and move forward. Logical and critical thinking...

And we're supposed to know that how???  You stated in this thread you have chopped some motorcycles and driven a bus all of 500 miles. A quick glance at your profile says you started it in January, you've posted 30 something posts since then and your email indicates you had busnut fever (BTDT) when you registered it. Certainly leaves a lot to our imagination....

Good plan.

Thanks

Your welcome. Anything we can do to help, just ask.

And just so you know, there's more bus knowledge and experience on this board than you, Jesse James, his whole team of engineers, and Mickey Mouse combined possess. You asked a question with a closed mine (see your thread title), and then threw a tantrum when you got the responses which you expected, but not which you wanted to hear. I'm sorry if you didn't hear what you wanted to, but you received open honest answers from everyone based on the very limited information they had to go on.

Furthermore, yes, removing a tag axle on an MC8 can be done. Moving the drive axle rearward and filling in the hole with another bay can also be done. In fact, I could do it myself, single handedly. I have no doubt about any of these claims. I also have no plans to prove any of them.

What I don't know is whether you can do it. I don't know how much money or time you have. I don't know how many engineers or celebrities you have on your team, but based on your inquiry, I'm guessing zero, or you would already have your answers. I also know that removing a tag axle from an engineered coach and/or moving a drive axle on same coach is not an advisable thing to do, and I think most everyone on this board will agree with that. I also know that if none of the people here know anything about you, they will all be reluctant to give you advice that might get you or someone else killed (oops, there's that ole fear of nothing thingy). I also know that if you act like a teen-ager towards their genuine responses, you'll be unlikely to get further information out of them on future questions.

But what do I know?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:15:39 AM by gumpy » Logged

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »

Hmmm...lots of educated opinions here and its not doing anyone any good.

Im not so sure old s'cool bus wanted honest opinions and advice, or was just trying raise a little hell.

Look at the title of his post.......

Why would it not read "Thinking about Losing the Tag on my MC8 - any thoughts?" if he was really looking for information.

Just my 2 canuck pennies.

Mark

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2009, 10:14:34 AM »

Skoolie, sometimes it's about 'tude!  You should study that...your attitude thus far lacks a lot to be desired.
AFTER all of this you finally come out and something about having done a bunch of conversions.  If you had stated that from the beginning you would have been met with a little more lattitude...but you did not.  
Look in the mirror dude...that's where a lot of your problems start!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
philiptompkjns

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2009, 10:20:26 AM »

Great thread, 5 stars!

1990 102a3... Just got started, don't  know  what I'm doing.
Old Scool Bus

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2009, 10:24:31 AM »

Your right I'm wrong (as always)

Let me start over

Hi, my name is (insert name) I'm an alcoholic.

Better?

And no it wouldn't be any different.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »

This is funny to me I bet the ignore button gets a workout from some of the guys.
 I was just trying to give the guy a little info from a first handed view but it is his bus let him chop it up means nothing to me.
I would sure like to see some pictures of buses he converted I have one in my mind but it
could be very educational to us all

Life is short drink the good wine first
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2009, 10:30:35 AM »

OSB, you come in here and ask a question and then you put down everyone that answers you in a way you don't approve of.  You are the one that is and has been rude here.  Chill out, learn to be polite and you won't have any problems here.  No longer than you have been posting you already have someone ignoring you  because of your attitude.  We welcome new members here and welcome you and your posts.  Just please be polite and treat people with the respect that you would want for yourself.  

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2009, 10:33:58 AM »

Your right I'm wrong (as always)

Let me start over

Hi, my name is (insert name) I'm an alcoholic.

Better?

And no it wouldn't be any different.

Well, at the risk of pissing you off even more..... (which I think at this point the general consensus is "who cares?)...

If you already knew how this thread would go, why did you start it in the first place?  

Or, why did you name it with an already controversial attitude laden name?

Or why didn't you just rephrase your question so as not to elicit negative responses. Obviously, with your vast experience (you did say you had vast experience, didn't you), you know that screwing with a large engineered vehicle can't be easy or advisable.  

Dude, if you want our knowledge and experience, treat us with respect.

Think about it.  What if I got on one of your bike forums and said, I've decided to cut the front end off my Honda and just run with one wheel, cause I really think it would work better. Maybe I'll move my rear wheel forward to compensate for the loading.
Oh, and I popped a wheely and drove it for 500 miles and it seemed ok. It had a flat front tire when I bought it, so they weren't using that tire anyway.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: