Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 05:33:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libby  (Read 15134 times)
cody

« on: December 02, 2009, 07:50:31 AM »

I've been holding off on posting this because it seems to be an ongoing thing but as some of you know libby had a heart attack a couple of days ago and is back in the hospital in marquette, her prognosis isn't as good as I'd like, her doctor said that the complexity of her situation with the poor condition of her arteries, her bad kidneys and now a heavily damaged heart makes her survival tenuous at best. He said for us to be cautiously hopeful but if she pulls thru this latest set of problems her recovery will take months provided no additional complications set in.  This effectively stops any travel plans we had, my primary focus now is her care.
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 07:54:18 AM »

Cody,
I am sure everyone's prayers and thoughts will be for you and Libby after hearing this terrible news.  I am sure you will be missed at Arcadia etc. but as you stated Libby is #1 in our thoughts as well as ours as of now.  Keep us informed, don't let Libby feel like giving up, lots of people looking forward to seeing you guys again.   
Gary

Gary
PCC

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 08:04:24 AM »

All we can do is pray that she improves. She has the will to live, and along with prayer, the long recouperation time will be successful, I pray.

Cody, your faithfulness to care for her and to place her at the top of your priority list, give a shining example to us all, and I honor you for everything and pray for you that your energy will continue, as will your wisdom to care for Libby.

We support you, and will hold you. Anything more that we can do, please ask. I am sure that someone will be there for you, any time.

Keith
PCC

For some, patience is a virtue.
Dealing with me, it is required.
Thank God - He is always patient.
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 08:04:53 AM »

We will be praying for you guys.

John and Tami
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 08:06:44 AM »

Cody,

I am so sorry to hear this. I haven't been around as much, lately, so I missed the info before it "hit the papers." That is really sad. She has had a very rough go of it. I will still be praying for both of you.

I am glad that you made the right decision to not travel. That must have been tough for you, but you will NEVER, EVER regret that decision.

God bless both of you.

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 08:07:42 AM »

Cody and Libby...me and Dianne are praying for yours and her comfort.
Love of Love being sent your way!
Jack-N-Dianne

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 08:08:29 AM »

Cody, words about fail me.  As a non-religious man, all I can say is keep your faith alive, and that each day infallibly brings a new dawn with new opportunities.  I went through a very similar challenge earlier this year, and what got me through was keeping on doing each thing, whatever it was, one after the other.

All the best,

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
cody

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 10:38:45 AM »

Just a short update, I got a chance to get an outline from her doctor of what could be done and what his thoughts are, he is scheduling her for dialysis today, that will help her kidney function and take some of the stress off her heart, tomorrow she is going to have an MRA so they can get a clear and new picture of the condition of her arteries, the next day she will again have dialysis, they are approaching the idea of putting in stents into the blockages where her arteries enter her kidneys, that seems to be critical to her survival, very few doctors do that surgery, one of the doctors that does it is at mayos, he has agreed to review the MRA and possibly fly into marquette and place the stents, this is a situation where the patient can't go to the doctor, the doctor will come to the patient, her doctor says that this may be her only chance of survival. The surgury comes with a high degree of risk because of the condition of her arteries but she has almost no chance of survival without it. It would be done in the next few days if it is determined that it can be done and she hangs on for that long.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 11:04:46 AM »

My heartfelt best wishes, Cody.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 01:30:32 PM »

Cody, We have never had the pleasure of meeting yall, but, from all accounts on the boards, you are both loved by all. Our prayers are with you both, and btw, you are one of a kind, taking such good care of Libby. Take care of yourself so you can be there for her. Prayers, Ken and Ruthi

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »

Cody,

Julie and I are just plain SAD at this whole situation for both of you.

Hang in there....I know you will.

We pulled out some pictures from Bussin when we were all hanging out at one of the famous, NCBOB, FLCliff and Cody's pot luck lunches, that the Gals put together for us.     

That was a great couple of days and some mighty fine eating.   Cheesy

I remember talking to Libby and she was worried about You, killing yourself working on the coach.

Now were worried about Her.

We sure hope you get a "miracle"

Cliff & Julie

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 02:25:25 PM »

Cody and Libby, It makes me sad to hear of this downturn. Hang in there and we'll keep praying for you guys.

Becky and Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 02:29:01 PM »

Cody -

Our thoughts are with you and Libby as you face yet another round of health battles. We're pullin' for the both of you!

Wayne  

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 03:03:04 PM »

Hi Cody,

We are praying for Libby & You...

Hang in there Libby! Help is on the way....

Nick & Michelle

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 03:09:24 PM »

My thoughts and best wishes to both of you.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: