Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 11:12:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libby  (Read 14759 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 03:37:37 PM »

Cody,
   Paula & I are so sad to hear of yet another set back in Libby's health.  We will continue to keep both of you and your family in our prayers.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
cody

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 05:13:07 PM »

Libby was taken to surgury and had the dialysis port put in, then she had dialysis, the nurse said she had some problems in surgury but they were prepared and dealt with them, then stabilized her again and did the dialysis, she is stable but very weak. Tomorrow she has the MRA, I'll be heading down there to spend time with her tomorrow, today was too stormy for me to go.
WVA_NATIVE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 05:20:18 PM »

Cody, tell Libby we send our love and prayers to both of you.

Dean
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 06:00:21 PM »

Cody,

Sorry to hear about the set back.  You are in our prayers.

Bill and Hyeyong.

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 08:35:50 PM »

Cody, thanks for the updates.  Our prayers are going out for both of you.  As I've said before, while your focus is on caring for her, be sure to also take care of yourself so that you can take care of her.
cody

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 07:59:20 AM »

Libby had a quiet night but she had an MRA scheduled for this morning and had some difficulties, they had to stop the MRA and work on her, they are going to try to do the MRA this afternoon, with another dialysis following it.  They brought her a nice recliner into her room to help make her more comfortable, she is apparently having problems with laying down and breathing so this will allow her to sit up for a while and look out the window, she'll like that.  The social worker also called and gave me a heads up on what to expect if she can come home at some point, or when, I'm going to have to make some modifications to the house to make it handicap assessible, ramps and all the good stuff, right down to the shower stall and shower door, I've got some work ahead of me I guess. One thing that will help is this house has a lot of open space with archways, drawbacks are the bathrooms arn't friendly and the bedrooms are upstairs so I'll probably have to change that.  I've also got to make a ramp, I was going to when my heart attack layed me low so thats at the top of the list again and a way to load a chair for her, she'll also be on oxygen all the time now but thanks to sonny and jim shepard thats handled, I still have to get her a portable tank supplier that will also fill the tanks but that'll come with time I guess, it looks like I've got time to work on these things if she survives.  As long as she is fighting we've got some hope.
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 09:19:15 AM »

Cody and Libby,

As always you are in our prayers.  I'm sorry these trials have come you way as they have. 

Matt & Liz 

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
cody

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 03:41:21 PM »

Just got a progress report from libby's doctor, tomorrow will be the big day, a doctor from mayos will be coming in tonight to do the surgury tomorrow that will again allow blood to her kidneys, he identified several areas that need stents from her left leg to her kidneys, I guess he is going to hit them one after the other until he has opened them all, her doctor said that while libby's case is one of the worse he has seen, it isn't the worst that he has worked on.  The operation has some extreme risks but he is bringing his entire team with him and he is doing it Pro Bono for the right to publish and document his procedure on her.  I asked what the pro bono meant and they said that the surgical team from mayo's is donating their time and skill, I'll have to pay for everything the hospital is involved in but the team from mayo's won't be part of the billing, I think thats kinda good.  Her doctor said that he has seen mayo's do that quite often and he wasn't surprised when they stepped up.  A medical transport helecopter from minniaplolis will pick them up and bring them in, then take them back.  I'm excited for her but scared too.  I'll be heading there early tomorrow to be with her, they said she will be out of it all for most of the day and depending on how it all goes they may even choose to stage it out over a series of operations  depending on what they find when they have her on the table, I don't know much except what the doctor said.
PCC

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 03:54:49 PM »

I am thrilled to hear this good news. In fact, I am so excited that I clapped and applauded - This is wonderful news !!!!!!

Praying for you both tomorrow, as the work is done, and that the results will be more than any of us can imagine.

His Blessings on you.

Keith

For some, patience is a virtue.
Dealing with me, it is required.
Thank God - He is always patient.
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 04:53:18 PM »

What a giant gift! You have the blessing of getting regional experts who focus primarily on these cases to come to you and perform their skills on your wife all for the "right" or opportunity to publish the case! Cody, I would strongly encourage you to sign away the rights to the operation and patient outcomes! That signature is a very small price to pay for such quality care and significantly improve chances of a successful outcome! These folks take serious pride in their abilities, and if they can get an entire team to travel that is even better. You and Libby have been blessed in a major way!

Good luck and God bless!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 05:34:51 PM »

Grant is right.  You are blessed by God to have such excellent attention.  We are praying for both of you.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 06:30:06 PM »

That is great news!

Cody,
Would you like me and Booger to fly up & bring a pair of vise grips and a monkey wrench and be a back up team?
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 06:48:41 PM »

That is great news!

Cody,
Would you like me and Booger to fly up & bring a pair of vise grips and a monkey wrench and be a back up team?
Grin  BK  Grin

Now there we have a "good" backup...don't forget to bring some grease to get everything lubed.... Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin. Whheewww... I will run and hide now. lol

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 06:23:52 AM »

That is great news!

Cody,
Grin  BK  Grin
  What, no baling wire & duct tape??  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 06:38:42 AM »

Quote from: Busted Knuckle
That is great news!
Cody,
Grin  BK  Grin

What, no baling wire & duct tape??  Jack

I thought that the horspital supplied all that as part of their $2.5 million bill. But we can take some, we'll even take some Gorilla Glue, & a Staple Gun! ( I hear these days that's what they use instead of stitches. Grin)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: