Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 17, 2014, 08:46:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plumbing  (Read 1400 times)
Rob

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2006, 08:47:30 PM »

We are plumbing our bus and need some experties on what size QEST to use? We have a dual pump system and lots of 3/8 QEST! The question is will 3/8 in. be large enough or should we go with 1/2?

Rob Huh
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:07:48 PM »

Rob,

Welcome.

I used 1/2" pex and I really wished I used 3/4" from the tanks to the Dist. manifolds. Then 1/2" to the Fixtures.

I wouldn't reccomend 3/8" but, it's your bus you do what your requirements are.

Hope this helps
Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Rob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 10:49:55 PM »

Thanks!! I was thinking the same thing, I just have 200 feet of 3/8 just  laying around. Hate to see it go to waste but I'll change gears and press on.
                                                                      Rob
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 04:16:17 AM »

We used CPVC pipe for our plumbing because we had it on hand. We run 2 water pumps, connected in parallel. We ran 3/4" for the main supply lines (hot and cold) and ran 1/2" lines to the individual fixtures (bathroom sink, shower, kitchen sink).  i would not want anything smaller than 1/2"  Hope this helps, Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
rip

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 05:44:07 AM »

When I was doing my plumbing I talked with a bus builder in Phoenix and he was using 3/8" soft copper for his lines except for the washer which he used 1/2" copper.I did the same in my conversion and it works great.I have all the water pressure I want and the soft copper was a lot easyer to use then 1/2".    Don Ripley                                     
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 08:24:47 AM »

I used 3/4 PEX for the main feed lines and 1/2" pex for everything else. It flows pretty good
with the shurFlo 5.7 gpm pump that I have installed.

I can run the kitchen faucet while the shower is going and not suffered any loss of volume or pressure.
I guess the variable speed pump has a few advantages... It works Great...

The 3/8" inch might be fine for an icemaker line or an auxillary faucet back in the engine bay.

Good Luck.....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: