Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 04:43:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plumbing  (Read 1438 times)
Rob

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2006, 08:47:30 PM »

We are plumbing our bus and need some experties on what size QEST to use? We have a dual pump system and lots of 3/8 QEST! The question is will 3/8 in. be large enough or should we go with 1/2?

Rob Huh
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:07:48 PM »

Rob,

Welcome.

I used 1/2" pex and I really wished I used 3/4" from the tanks to the Dist. manifolds. Then 1/2" to the Fixtures.

I wouldn't reccomend 3/8" but, it's your bus you do what your requirements are.

Hope this helps
Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Rob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 10:49:55 PM »

Thanks!! I was thinking the same thing, I just have 200 feet of 3/8 just  laying around. Hate to see it go to waste but I'll change gears and press on.
                                                                      Rob
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 04:16:17 AM »

We used CPVC pipe for our plumbing because we had it on hand. We run 2 water pumps, connected in parallel. We ran 3/4" for the main supply lines (hot and cold) and ran 1/2" lines to the individual fixtures (bathroom sink, shower, kitchen sink).  i would not want anything smaller than 1/2"  Hope this helps, Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
rip

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 05:44:07 AM »

When I was doing my plumbing I talked with a bus builder in Phoenix and he was using 3/8" soft copper for his lines except for the washer which he used 1/2" copper.I did the same in my conversion and it works great.I have all the water pressure I want and the soft copper was a lot easyer to use then 1/2".    Don Ripley                                     
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 08:24:47 AM »

I used 3/4 PEX for the main feed lines and 1/2" pex for everything else. It flows pretty good
with the shurFlo 5.7 gpm pump that I have installed.

I can run the kitchen faucet while the shower is going and not suffered any loss of volume or pressure.
I guess the variable speed pump has a few advantages... It works Great...

The 3/8" inch might be fine for an icemaker line or an auxillary faucet back in the engine bay.

Good Luck.....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: