Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:42:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: update on dina  (Read 3810 times)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2009, 04:08:12 PM »

Thanks for the info. We do have a good pressure pot, as well as a gun. Sounds like you know a lot about it.  BTW, did you know the folks at B & R bus, just out of Abilene? Winters,Tx? We bought our gmc from one of the owners there. They closed up shop several yrs ago. We got our Dina from the same guy. Just wondering.

I think I met the owner once a few years back, he had a couple of Eagles too. Lannie or Lonnie I think. The brothers also owned a GMC dealership if it's the same folk.

I did the paint on ours and let me tell you, it's a big project to practice on. I did find out one thing, I'm no auto painter. I painted it in sections and by the time I got around to the last section it turned out OK. The rear is not finished, after what I went through I decided to stop before I thought about shooting myself! Grin If I had not wanted to do metallic it wouldn't have been so bad, but oh no, I said to myself it can't be that hard.............Wrong! It was a great learning experience, I learned to not do it again.

Therefore the friend of mine who is a pro is going to shoot it, that way I can blame it all on him. Wink

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 08:00:18 PM »

Yep, Lannie, and Ronnie were partners. Lannie owns the jewelry store in town, Ronnie lives in Dallas. Lannies brother owns the dealership. Keith was their mechanic, now he drives a truck.  He was good. He put a motor in the gmc. His dad helped him. He passed away a few yrs later. Very nice man.
 I would like metalic, but I am not going there, Grin Really would like to paint it local though. It is already stripped down and ready to go. I mean really stripped. Windows are out, headlight, handles, etc. I dont know about getting good weather now, this time of year to do it outside. Does your friend travel Roll Eyes. I guess we will figure something out. We really wanted to get it on the road the first part of the year.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 09:09:23 PM »

Ruthi,

Find someone with a very large paint booth, it will be worth the effort and cost. Maybe you can find a place that could use a few extra bucks to let you use their booth. Good Luck. Now is the right time to paint it though, it's all stripped and ready for it's new look!

Lannie is the guy I talked to, haven't been down there to see if he still has his Eagle or not. I need to go for a drive and see if he's still around.

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2009, 09:14:13 PM »

Yep, he still has his bus, dont know if he ever finished it. It was a slow go. Probably find him at his jewelry store. If you see him, tell him the Masters said Hi. Yes, we have been cking around to see if anyone has an inside area big enough to paint, no luck so far.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2009, 06:06:24 AM »

Ruthi check with the local Public Schools Vocational Centers, Correctional centers, Or there should be some big truck body shops up in Atlanta with as many trucking companies up there.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: