Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 04:55:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another BUS Crash 1 Dead  (Read 3724 times)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 01:36:01 PM »

Gumpy have you ever followed the Colorado river from I70 (Dotsero) to McCoy on 41 - makes 40 look like a superslab - Dirt bike/four wheeler heaven up there off 131 though - I'd rather run Rabbit Ears East to West 'cause you have the inside lane at most of the right places but then again going up the West side is better than going down it - FWIW

BTW - I'll take Steamboat over Aspen any day!

No. Haven't done that one. Is it bus accessible? I was just looking at it. Looks like a nice drive, though.

We did 131 one summer. We were going South and cut off at Hayden on 27 to Oak Creek and then 131 to I-70. It was not a bad drive. A couple steep hills that I had to get down into 1st gear on. Nothing real difficult. The steep stuff might have been on 27.

I've done bunny ears in the bus several times now. I've learned to just slip the tranny into 2nd and watch the speedo. A touch of brake as it hits 20 and keep it in the 18 - 22 mph range. It takes awhile to decend and people don't particularly like me, but I don't  much care. I get there safe and enjoy the ride. I don't think I've ever taken the bus the other way on it. We're usually going north.

You ever been on cty 8 from Meeker to Yampa?  Is it bus accessible? Looks like a nice drive.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 10:34:36 PM »

It's narrow paved on the south end with a few single lane bridges then turns to gravel - there are a few stretches where the river along with the railroad and the road (very narrow) squeeze together combined with a shear rock face and blind curves - there are many rock haulers and surprisinglty tankers that use the road - fortunately I never ran into one at a blind curve and don't know what I'd do as the road isn't wide enough for both - probably hit the RR tracks and try not to end up in the river - plenty of turnout camping areas and raft launch/recovery sites - nearly impossible to sleep with all the coal trains coming through night and day -

No I've never taken  cr8 from meeker to yampa - but you just got me thinkin 'bout it  Roll Eyes

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: