Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 05:17:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power Service Fuel Additive  (Read 778 times)
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2006, 02:12:45 PM »

Anybody ever use Power Service fuel additive? I've seen in truck stops for years. I was in Wal  Mart the other day and saw and bought a gal. White package has anti gel, silver jug is for lubc etane boost,  and fuel savings. I'm not asking about low sulfer, I'm wondering if it saves enough fuel to cover cost as they advertise. I saw that slick diesel and it got my attention. 
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 07:17:58 PM »

Beatenbo, I have used it for years.  I had a 80 ford pickup that needed the injection pump rebuilt. This old guy rebuilt it but when I picked it up it had a knock in it.  He said a leaky injector, I started home sounded like it was going to blow up. I took it back to him, he pours a bottle in the tank and has to answer the phone in 2-3 minutes it is gone. He claimed to put in  filters somtimes to clean injectors. He swore by the stuff.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 09:17:35 PM »

When on the road driving, I used PowerService for winter driving and also 2 or 3 times during the year just to clean stuff up.  If you drive in below 40 degree weather, use it.  It can't hurt to use it all the time. You can feel the difference in the engine.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: