Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 02:05:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neoplan Parts  (Read 4071 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 02:06:01 PM »

Quote from: paulcjhastings
The door for Setra's is the same as the others except the window has a big "K" on a circle. It also costs five times as much and they never have one when you need one Grin  Wink

That thar is funny I don't care who ya are! Grin

Quote from: Now Just Dallas
Yeah, but with that Big Circle K, you can get a slushy and a pack of cigarettes!

That's funny too! But I'm not sure I like that flavor slushy, and I don't smoke! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 06:50:20 PM »

Just an idea  -  did Neoplan actually make this elusive door themself, or was it bought in from an outside supplier?   If so, maybe another bus that uses a similar make of door may be your answer.   Is its size so unusual that nothing else will work?   Adapt, improvise, invent, mend what you have, make one from scratch  -  a door should not be a major design or fab challenge.   Visit your local transit and school bus yards with tape measure in hand.   Heck, with all the RV manufacturers going bust these days maybe you can find something half decent there.

When we choose to own a bus we accept the myriad of challenges that seemingly beset our every move as we convert it.   We do this simply because it is a challenge, because we know we can (eventually) make something better than anything else out there, and because we're stubborn/obstinate/individualistic/non-conformist/uncompromising (choose one or more).   For everyone else there are Winnebagos.

John, perversely enjoying this crazy obsession
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:35:53 PM by Iceni John » Logged

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: