Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 06:59:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1968 MCI5-1992 BUS CONVERSION 35ft - $25000 Craigslist Jasper in  (Read 4035 times)
dickegler

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2009, 05:30:06 PM »

on indy's craigslist.   I have no connection with this ad, merely passing it along.

1968 MCI - 1992 CONVERSION 35í Ė New power train, custom 6V92 Silver Series w/Jake Brake, hydraulic cooling system, HD740 Allison auto transmission, new front w/Shepard steering box and Eagle telescopic steering column, drives like a dream, solar w/inverter, alternator for house batteries, peninsula windows, air level system, backup camera, oak interior, sunken Whirlpool bath/shower, a/c, evaporative cooler, Alcoa alum wheels, excellent polished body , many extras. $25,000. Must sell due to death. Call 812-482-5236

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/rvs/1497275871.html

dickegler

dick egler  atlanta, in  92 prevost/beaver conversion
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 10:54:05 PM »

Looks like a nice one.

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 09:12:55 PM »

Wow, very nice. That is pennies on the dollar. If their asking price is $25k, then the seller will take a bath on it compared to what it took to do that conversion. Who doesn't take a bath on a conversion, right? Bad economy, forced sale=good buys to be had.

I like the small 35' buses, you can go and do things the big ones cannot, and it is hard to find a nice one, be it GM or MCI.

There is no mention of a gen-set, otherwise it appears to have all of the mechanical upgrades one would want.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 09:27:31 PM »

Being that it is a MCI-5 with a 6V92/auto I wonder what was done to handle the extra heat. I am not an MCI guy but that mod should have required some form of heat management. It mentioned a hydraulic cooling system so whatever that entailed tells me that something there was modified.

steve5B

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 05:40:08 AM »

Hey guys,

I had a real nice conversation with the owner on Tuesday evening, I 'am going to take a look at it next week.  There is only

12,000 on the new engine.  Other than a few cosmedic flaws she said it was in "Great" shape. I'll let everyone know what I

saw. I' am in the market for one to go along with my 5B.

Steve 5B......

WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 06:41:20 AM »

Steve, on your 5B do you have the spring loaded, tube type, bay door struts? Do you have any extras or parts?

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »

Being that it is a MCI-5 with a 6V92/auto I wonder what was done to handle the extra heat. I am not an MCI guy but that mod should have required some form of heat management. It mentioned a hydraulic cooling system so whatever that entailed tells me that something there was modified.

Laryn -

They have addressed the cooling issues somewhat - look at the rear view of the coach. 

The large scoop on the side, and the louvers on the rear are all non-stock.

Without a closer look, however, it's hard to tell what else has been done.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 09:36:19 PM »

Having driven a 4106 with a 6v92/auto, I think that is one of the sweetest upgrades you can have in the smaller buses. Accelerates and climbs hills like a car, and the one I drove got better fuel mileage than my 8v71 wheezer. It's a good thing I am poor and a GM guy, or I would interested. Looking forward to a full report and hopefully more photos of the bays and mechanicals.

steve5B

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 04:48:22 AM »

Ed,

Yes mine are the tube type, however I don't have any extra parts for those.  I do have all of the original windows if you need

any of these.

Steve 5B....

WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 06:27:31 AM »

Nope, i  replaced all of my windows with double pane penninsula glass windows 5 years ago. Just trying to track down some of those bay door struts. From what i understand they were only used on the 5B. I have one complete and parts of two more. would like to end up with 4 full ones. Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: