Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 09:16:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing "NEW" icon?  (Read 1664 times)
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2009, 09:59:37 AM »

Does anyone else have this problem?

I am running Firefox 3.5 and whenever I click on the "New" icon for a specific post it makes the "New" icon disappear for the post above and below the one I clicked on!  Hmmm.

Rather frustrating, as you lose the "New" icon and then don't know what you have read and what is new.

Maybe at my age it doesn't matter to read the same post twice though!!

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 11:07:04 AM »

Does it still happen on other browsers like IE?

For me, the new thing works great even tracking what is new across three different PCs.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »

I have always used IE.  I downloaded FireFox the other day and when tying it, I noticed none of the NEW icons would show up. I went back to IE when on this BB. Might just me my Firefox settings, YMMV  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 03:29:19 PM »

I'm using Firefox 3.5.5 with no issues.  I've run Firefox since it was Netscape, and Mosaic prior to that.  It's been a bumpy road, but this rev of Firefox seems pretty bulletproof.  It may be your install that's twitchy?

I've gotten spoiled by Firefox's security and ability to add on such kewl things as 'Noscript", "Flashkill" and "Nuke Anything".   I can browse even ESPN with NO annoying ads. 

Yes, I'll be the first to admit that I'm an anti-microsoft bigot due to being a Net admin for years.  Muahaha

Sorry for rant. =)

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 03:37:19 PM »

It's OK to rant MattC!  I love Firefox too except for this quirky thing.  My son Matt works for Microsoft and he knows I use Firefox! 

I still use Netscape to develop my web site.  Their "Composer" is real easy to use for setting up a web page.

I'll have to try this board on IE and see if I have the same problem.

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 03:53:58 PM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:16:51 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »

I use Firefox too with no issues! I would be pissed if I lost my new icons! Too hard to re-read all this stuff! Not enuff piktuers! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 01:01:05 PM »

What's IE and Internet Explorer? Something new?  Wink

Aye Dallas, IE = internet explorer by Microsoft, or I prefer to call it; Internet Exploder by MicroSnot.    Wink

I don't use ie because of the security problems and it being written to be advertiser friendly as well as ie's approach to handing out my info to anyone who asks.  (yes they say it's secure, but if you adjust it so you can use ie, it is no longer secure)   IMHO

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 01:25:26 PM »

I use Firefox and on occasion I will see a topic that I know has a new post but there is no new icon there.  It doesn't happen too often but it can be confusing.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 02:07:01 PM »

Has any body tried Google Chrome? I too stopped using IE because of the security issues and began using Firefox a couple of years ago. It's worked well but recently started to exhibit some problems.

I've been using Chrome for the past couple of months and am pretty happy with it.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 02:35:09 PM »

Has any body tried Google Chrome? I too stopped using IE because of the security issues and began using Firefox a couple of years ago. It's worked well but recently started to exhibit some problems.

I've been using Chrome for the past couple of months and am pretty happy with it.

Bob

They released Chrome Beta for Mac OSX a couple days ago and I had to try it.  Faster than Firefox in some areas, should be more secure than ie, however it has no plug-ins like Firefox to block annoying ads.  I hate animated ads while I'm trying to read.  So, I use Chrome for some things but Firefox most often. 

IMHO Chrome is far better than ie.  Refer to above disclaimer.  =)

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 02:49:16 PM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:15:07 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 06:56:49 PM »

Chrome? Hey that's my favorite color! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 10:35:32 PM »

My only concern about Chrome is that it's from Google, who really isn't our friend, no matter how much we use it. .....  Embarrassed Smiley

Dallas, I agree...   The No Script add-in for Firefox disables scripts that send info to Google Analytic, as well as other metric recording bastages.  Yes, using Chrome is like having a langley spook for a relative.  I check the news and this board through Chrome, nothing else, specially bills, accts, etc.  I trust Google like I trust a viper.

I don't allow scripts or flash to be run on my Firefox unless it's someone I'd trust with my bank account info.  Yes I'm a bit paranoid. =-)

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: