Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 05:04:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A brief update  (Read 2647 times)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2009, 07:36:31 AM »

Just a quick update  Smiley. Decided it would be best now that the replacement 6 92 is in, to take our 15 out and stretch her wings a little :shock: . To bring every one up to date, Plagued with engine problems  Cry the original 6V92 that came with our coach was removed and finnally put out of it's misery  Grin Grin . A replacement take out was reinstalled. I took the eagle out for an initial run of approximately 30 miles, which resulted in Heavy smoke and blowing oil from the L/R air box drains,as well as blowing oil from the back of the water pump gasket as well as the rear plate behind the bell housing completely soaking my starter. After a good cleaning, tightening the bolts for the w/pump and the l/s accessory drive plat the oil stopped leaking  Wink .
Yesterday started out with a ton of anticipation  Grin as well as a ton and a half of apprehension :roll: thrown in just for good measure :lol: . We drove down to Clifford's place and take the bus out and see how it does.
With Cheryl in charge of driving the P/U as a chase vehicle, we set out on the first leg. I chose to go to Vegas and back which will put the trip at approx 250 miles.
The trip was pretty uneventful except for the big Doo Doo eating grin on my face  Grin .It had been almost a year and a half since I drove her  Shocked, and what a joy it was  Cheesy. Monitoring the gauges closely ( with an Eagle eye  Wink ) Temps ran at 175-185 when pulling a grade  Smiley ,oil @ 55-60 psi  Smiley ,and getting a boost reading of 10 psi when pulling the grades.
All seems normal so far with what seems to be very little to none, oil consumption or loss  Smiley . According to the real time reporting from my wife, no smoke was reported once the engine was up to operating temps  Smiley .
Bus seemed to maintain a speed of 65 going up the mild grades and I had to hold it back on the flats  Smiley , keeping the speed down to 70 mph(cause boy she wants to go  Grin ).The last grade to pull was before the turn off into boulder city coming from searchlight NV was able to maintain 50 mph.

Today,we will fuel up and return trip it back to Clifford s place and bed it down.Maybe and hopefully the results will be just as nice if not better,wish us luck  Smiley !

On the road again(hopefully  Grin )
    Van Cool

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 07:48:19 AM »

Congrats and good luck on the return trip. I remember that grin from when I brought my 15 home, I'm sure some people that see you are wondering what's going on in there... Grin Grin Grin

Cawston, British Columbia
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 08:10:48 AM »

You gonna take that big beautiful red bird to Quartzsite? 

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 08:17:30 AM »

...The trip was pretty uneventful except for the big Doo Doo eating grin on my face  Grin.

Today,we will fuel up and return trip it back to Clifford s place and bed it down.Maybe and hopefully the results will be just as nice if not better,wish us luck  Smiley !

On the road again(hopefully  Grin )
    Van Cool

Congrats, sometimes "Doo Doo" is pretty good Grin

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 08:18:44 AM »

Timkar,it took about 6 hours after parking the bus last night to lose the butterflies in my stomach,and now we are getting ready to head back the flies will be on the return trip as well.
  Bob,you bet,so far so good,we will be there with her.I only wish it were as beautiful as the photos portray her,maybe I am just being to critical.Thanks all.

Van

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 08:40:33 AM »

The bus gods are smiling Van and so am I LOL but we will have a spare just in case 

be safe

Life is short drink the good wine first
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 09:30:01 AM »

Good Luck Brother . Iam sure you will be just fine . Have a safe trip and you can show off the Bitch from hell with a smile on your Face  Grin

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 09:39:57 AM »

Great news, Van.  May the DD Gods keep smiling on you.  Happy trails.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 10:33:36 AM »

Thanks guy's.after starting the bus(gotta git in the habbit of putting it in neuteral when shutting down,starts easier that way Cheesy)we got the neighbors to help load our generator in the bay,and are now on our way back to cliffords. Grin Grin Grin

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 10:45:35 AM »

Great news Van glad to hear a positive story once in a while! Grin

Thanks guy's.after starting the bus(gotta git in the habbit of putting it in neuteral when shutting down,starts easier that way Cheesy) we got the neighbors to help load our generator in the bay,and are now on our way back to cliffords. Grin Grin Grin

Great news Clifford, more work on the way! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 01:43:55 PM »

Van,

O by the way...how has your heating system been working?  Been seriously cold up here in the NW and I see where you are having some bad stuff also.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
johns4104

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 02:00:53 PM »

Van,
You know it has been less than a year since you drove her.
Weren't you on your way to Q when she let go.

I hope to see you at Q and my boys and  I are looking forward to the rally!!
This time with the bus!!!!!

John
Major 4104 project!

PD4104-1859
In Sunny Arizona
Apache Junction Near Phoenix
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »

Thanks Clifford,you are and always will be my Hero Grin. With out you none of this,and I mean non of this could have been possible, I know it's just a matter of time before this engine has to come out (bet I get it out in half the time Grin Grin)

Tanks BK,It is nice to be at the wheel once more Grin Grin Cool

JohnED, are you referring to the coach heat ? with that monster I could bake my own bread Grin wile on the road Wink While parked at the Q we will huddle around the four burner stove (don't worry guys the hatch will be open for fresh air Smiley) for coffee and biscuts LOL.

John4104,That's great that you'll have the bus there too,yup last year KABLEWY! the eagle still rode real nice, even on the LanDoll LOL Grin Grin Grin See Ya there! Wink
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 05:17:16 PM by van » Logged

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 07:07:35 PM »

Van, Great new! Now you can concentrate on the driviing instead of the gauges huh! I've been praying that the doner would work out, and it seems it has. Just try and keep that ole bird happy and between the lines.

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 06:33:05 AM »

Thanks Paul ,I think I am now over the trauma from this weekend as you well know the Pucker factor was very high along with my blood pressure. It was quite a time I was having being able to get behind the wheel,next time the better half will be aboard,as soon as I can find something suitable to strap her into LOL Grin

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: