Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 05:05:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Going to the Charlotte FMCA Rally?  (Read 1369 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« on: July 27, 2006, 11:42:14 AM »

Posted this question several times with zero results so far??  Huh    Does FMCA not do home-grown bus conversions?
We'll be camped right across the street Thurs thru Sunday first weekend in Augus (week prior to FMCA) for the Fastgrass Bluegrass and SouthEastern Parking Lot Pickers Hog Banding and Wet T Shirt Beer Drinking Competition...sounds like fun don't it?   Cheesy
Stop by if in the area!
Fleetwood Camping Resort is right across the street from Lowes Motor Speedway...no cost to get into the campground!  Also only a minute off of I-85.  IMHO, Fleetwood would have been a better location than Lowes Motor Speedway..unless they have a race or something going on that's not posted on the FMCA site?
I may go out for an evening to the FMCA rally and see how they do it over there!
ANYONE going?
Cheerio, JR  Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 03:07:18 PM »

I have been to a few FMCA rallies and they are primarily aimed at the Sticks & Staples. Each one I was at had a small group of FMCA bus nuts but only a few busses and thousands of motor homes. I quit going to any of the FMCA rallies and attended FMCA sponsored bus nut groups such as NW Bus nuts, Eagle Bus nuts and other similar groups.
Richard
Posted this question several times with zero results so far??  Huh    Does FMCA not do home-grown bus conversions?
We'll be camped right across the street Thurs thru Sunday first weekend in Augus (week prior to FMCA) for the Fastgrass Bluegrass and SouthEastern Parking Lot Pickers Hog Banding and Wet T Shirt Beer Drinking Competition...sounds like fun don't it?   Cheesy
Stop by if in the area!
Fleetwood Camping Resort is right across the street from Lowes Motor Speedway...no cost to get into the campground!  Also only a minute off of I-85.  IMHO, Fleetwood would have been a better location than Lowes Motor Speedway..unless they have a race or something going on that's not posted on the FMCA site?
I may go out for an evening to the FMCA rally and see how they do it over there!
ANYONE going?
Cheerio, JR  Cool

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 07:49:43 PM »

We are going and will be vendors.  If you attend, stop by and say high.  We will be in the Professional RV Vendors (an FMCA chapter)area (don't have booth number yet).

Prior to the FMCA event, we will be going to our first Converted Coach Pre-Rally.  Should be fun.

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 12:15:36 PM »

Hi Jim,
Is the pre-rally the one at the Oasis Temple?  Once the real-rally begins I'll  assume that all the vendors will be located in the infield? 
What dates will you be arriving?
I'd be mighty interested in seeing your Eagle repower!  Must be working well if you're driving it from CO to NC! Wink
I live just South of Charlotte...only about 40 minutes to the racetrack from home. 
See you there one evening!  I may call Gene Lewis and see if he would wants to drive out with me...He owns an Eagle too.   Lives right around the corner!
Best,JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 06:08:56 PM »

Hi JR.  The bus is running great (knock on wood Smiley)!!  We now have 2 trips of about 3,000 miles each and no major problems (a bit of an issue with the hydraulic clutch that I am fixing, but that is all).

The pre-rally is at the Oasis Shrine Temple.  Sounds like fun.

I am not sure where we will park.  We have been vendors at two of the big FMCA events and parked in the vendor area.  The first one, we had the motorhome and we seemed to be well accepted.  At Pomona we had the bus and you would have thought we crawled out from under a rock.  So, while we have requested a vendor spot, I think we will stay with "our own" (the Converted Coach group) and commute by our toad if we need to.

Look us up at the booth and we will let you know where we are, or give us a call on my cell three O three 478-3501.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:31:50 PM by rv_safetyman » Logged

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 07:23:25 PM »

Thanks Jim.  I'll drop by the Oasis Temple or the Vendors area and look you up.  I'll call if I get lost in the infield...I did get lost in there at a motorcycle race once....nevermind why!   What you described with the bus conversion is sorta what I figured for most of the FMCA group.  I was looking at the Pre Rally websites today and noticed that they are charging $567 bucks to attend the GulfStream Pre Rally  Shocked...maybe I misunderstood?   That cost is a little out of my entertainment budget...unless something's really happening...like Timmonsville....Timmonsville was worth that much in entertainment value!   I'll see you one evening!
Cheers, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 04:25:28 AM »

<Snip>
 I was looking at the Pre Rally websites today and noticed that they are charging $567 bucks to attend the GulfStream Pre Rally  Shocked...maybe I misunderstood?   That cost is a little out of my entertainment budget...unless something's really happening...like Timmonsville....Timmonsville was worth that much in entertainment value!   I'll see you one evening!
Cheers, JR <Snip>

Thanks for the nice words JR.
Cat says to tell you we'll be expecting your $567 check in the mail in the next few days! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Dallas

Timmonsville Get Together coming up October 5th through the 8th! Register early and get a spot with hookups![/i][/b]
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 06:03:03 AM »

We will be going to the FMCA convention and the CVC (Converted Coach) prerally.   The FMCA convention was about $125 and the prerally wais about $135. for a couple.

Every few years we will go to one of the conventions to see the new products, entertainment, etc.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: