Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 03:25:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coolant question  (Read 937 times)
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2006, 08:14:41 AM »

I'm using Fleetcharge antifreeze in my 6v92.  It is SCA precharged.  The instructions on the bottle say not to add SCA's to the antifreeze.  I also have  a Penncool NF 3000 filter which the can says "all the necessary additives". 

Question:   is the Pencool SCA charged also?  If so, wouldn't turning it on increase the possibility of silicate dropout and gelling?  The DD manual recommends the filter to trap any foreign particles floating through the system.  What should I do?
I appreciate some input.

Thanks,
David
belfert

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 09:28:58 AM »

JD at C&J Bus Repair recommends not using a precharged coolant filter.  You can get plain coolant filters with no charge.

If the SCA level is correct now, I would replace the coolant filter.  They are pretty cheap.  Otherwise, the SCA levels may get two high.  I would buy a box of test strips and test the coolant periodically and add SCA as necessary.

Brian Elfert
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: