Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 07:15:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leveling Question  (Read 3557 times)
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 08:13:21 AM »

Pete i have basically the same system but with four controls. You may remember the person that sold them.

His name was Red Ridout I think, It is called "Level It". Been working great for years.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 08:50:58 AM »

Uncle Ned, i also have the Level It setup except that i don't have any hydraulic jacks, just the air bag controls. I also have a toggle switch so i can choose between manual and hiway,  but don't know if the hiway function works as i have always just left it on manual. Might have to try it next trip and see if it works......if i can remember to switch it Smiley  Other than that it has worked well for me and the PO. No idea how old the setup is, we have had the bus for 6 years and he had it for 20 years before that.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 05:03:52 AM »

Ed,
   We had the "Level-It" system on our 4106.  We purchased it from the gentleman that made them in 1983 or 84. They were made by Red Rideout from Evansville, Indiana.  I have not heard anything about Red for several years. It is a very basic sysyem with very few failure points.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 05:22:04 AM »

Will check on Red Rideout,haven't seen him for awhile,Lives or lived about 5 miles from us.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 05:33:16 AM »

I been around buses for a long time never saw a 3 point hydraulic system installed by Big Foot or HWH on a bus always a 4 point system. 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 07:20:30 AM »

Jack,  from the paperwork i have, it looks like the PO converted my bus in the last 4 months of 83.  I don't know if he put the system in then or added it later. I think that he was a member of Southeastern BusNuts. Maybe you know him?  He is out of Missouri, Dick and Virginia  Jasinsky.  He did a nice job, well thought out layout. We have made a few cosmetic changes in the 6 years we have owned and lived in the bus, and there are one or two things that we might have done a little differently, but overall we have been very pleased with the bus.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 07:22:40 AM »

Red Rideout  812 423 3401..Talked to his son Dave ,,said dad still has bus but doesn"t drive it anymore..prob some of the systems left..Dave said OK to call..

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: