Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 11:32:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bussin' 10 is almost here  (Read 4455 times)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 07:09:51 PM »

Hey Steve! Grin Give every one my best from Vegas, Happy Holidays to you all,Heck I sure do wish I were there with you all Wink. Give em' what they got comin to them, and come on home soon, we're counting.  Wink on ya now.

Van & Cheryl

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 07:48:08 PM »

IT'S OFFICIAL, IT'S OFFICIAL! I'LL officially be dropping in unregistered! I just got off the phone with Frank, and I'm a free man for the time in FL just get them from Nashville to Orlando and back and the time in between is mine! Yeaha! I'll see everyone @ Bussin' 2010! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 01:55:38 AM »

You guys have fun, and as always post lots of photos.  I remember all the fun we had last year. 

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 03:43:37 AM »

IT'S OFFICIAL, IT'S OFFICIAL! I'LL officially be dropping in unregistered! I just got off the phone with Frank, and I'm a free man for the time in FL just get them from Nashville to Orlando and back and the time in between is mine! Yeaha! I'll see everyone @ Bussin' 2010! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Great, we look forward to finally meetin' ya'll in person!  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 03:44:43 AM »

Jack,
We are planning on being one of the unannounced.  Just a couple of scheduling issues to work out and we are there.

Can you send me a PM or email with your name and the date you plan to arrive?  Thanks, Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
cody

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2009, 05:17:39 AM »

It was today, christmas eve 2 years ago that me and libby pulled into the save-a-lot store in arcadia and dialed jacks phone number, he answered and said stay right there we'll come get you.  A short time later this boxy little car pulled up with a grumpy looking guy driving it and another guy that was grinning ear to ear, they hopped out and thats when I met jack and NCBob.  We headed to jacks house and after pulling around the side I was introduced to jackie by NCBob saying, "here is jackie, my future ex-wife" lol.  We got to meet several other bus nuts that were also pulled up behind the house and next to the shop.  That night as libby went to bed she seemed kind of distant and lonely, this was going to be her first christmas away from family and especially the grandkids, she was in a strange state with people she didn't know and it was christmas eve.  After she went to bed I stayed up and spent the next couple of hours decorating, she woke up to find christmas had hit and hit hard in the bus, even had a christmas tree set up on the dash, there were lights and garland, all the goodies and it was great, me and jamie had anticipated that this would be difficult for her and I was prepared for it.  By the end of that day we had found a new family and were deeply involved in enjoying our new friends and on our way to the turner center for the rally in a long line of buses, it was impressive and people would stop and stare as we all rolled by them, it was my first rally and my most memorable one. the highlight to the whole thing was being parked next to NCBob and Floridacliff and their families, what a wonderful introduction to the world of busnuts, we had just came from BK's place and had enjoyed their company for several days, met dallas and cat and already had a good idea of what to expect but meeting everyone at the rally confirmed that we had entered a new phase of our life that we were going  to enjoy and meeting people that would become lifelong friends.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2009, 06:07:12 AM »

Nicely described and done Cody!!  i just wish you hadn't mentioned how well you take care of Libby where Fran can read about it.

We know how you feel about Christmas the new busnut family here as Fran and her "sister" Paula cook and pack today for tomorrow's short trip to the Turner Center and Christmas Dinner.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 03:41:40 AM »

It is 39 degrees in Arcadia this morning, but we are having a great time!! Looking forward to meeting more of the folks I read here.
Tom Hamrick

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
PCC

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 03:44:27 AM »

I do hope someone documents the event for those of us who wanted to be there, but could not make it.

During 2010, I hope to make some of the events, because there is so much to learn from those who also enjoy buses, but whose ideas differ.

Is it not great that we are all different!! Some more than others?

For some, patience is a virtue.
Dealing with me, it is required.
Thank God - He is always patient.
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 07:25:59 AM »

Like Cody, We were at Jacks 2 years ago also..Well not at his place but at the rally. We knew no one, except we had met Jack earlier in the year. We didnt have our bus then and were "the folks in the van". It was a great time and I learned more in that weekend about busses then any book could teach. We have opted not to travel this winter and put that money into getting the bus done in prep for bussin 2011.. Im sure you all will have a great time this year and we will be eager to see pics and here the tales ! Oh, and Id take 39 right now.Its 8 degrees here !

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 01:01:10 PM »

I'm heading down to Atlanta area to wait on my bus load of college students to take to Orlando, and then I'll be on down to Arcadia! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

walking out the door as soon as the computer shuts down!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
RTS/Daytona

Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 06:46:43 PM »

BK

I'm  here at Arcadia - Wife had to work - The pricing here is based on 2 people per coach (Unfortunately it's always been that  - I've come alone but paid for two people 5 years in a row - wife was only able to made it to two rallies -

sooooo

When you get here - look me up - come as my guest (your already paid for) - Plus you can bunk with me - if you don't mind an RTS BUS CONVERSION

You get the coach !!

Pete RTS/Daytona   (I'm park along the outside of the meeting / dining area - only RTS here so far - Dolphins on the side of a Metalic pewter Bus)

If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 07:08:09 PM »

BK, don't forget to check the bus before lock up Angry Grin Grin Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 03:55:41 AM »

BK, where are you?

The morning donuts are being laid out as we speak, and Pete's not even up yet!

i saw his invite and you lucky guy, you'll be right next to Fran and I!!

Drive safely, better late than never.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 04:31:29 AM »

You get the coach !!

Pete, this may be a very memorable spelling mistake for you.

You just condemned yourself to sleeping out on the grass!! From experience, I can tell you the fire ants will love that!! You just promised your entire COACH to BK, not just the COUCH, as you intended.  Grin

And knowing BK, he'll probably make you live up to it.  Cheesy

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: