Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 09:41:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: warped and noisy entry door help  (Read 3034 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 08:00:06 AM »

Tom, FWIW you want to try and repair the door on the bus remove the inside paneling and the outside skin yours being smooth not a major project without a jig and removing the frame the door will be almost impossible to fit when making repairs with the door off the raidus is hard to get right.

good luck
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 08:05:57 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 02:14:46 PM »

Jack and Tony and I tried a bit of an experiment this afternoon.  Jack has a hydrolic push device that we put at at the bottom of the door to bend the door toward the door frame.  We bent it about 1.5 inches, but it went mostly back out in place once we relieved the pressure.

It looks like we might be able to put a tapered deadbolt at the bottom that could pull the door tighter, maybe.  i think its in a little but at 70 the wind will just bend it out again.

i'll try to post some pictures.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: