Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 08:09:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: house bank merge solenoid  (Read 3122 times)
busboy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 08:27:05 PM »

David,
I'm far from an expert...so I'm not sure how it would work in your application, but we had a Hellroaring Technologies battery isolator on our F700 Toterhome when we used to pull our big 40 foot 5'er sticks & staple rig.  When the engine was running the alternator pumped up both the house and engine batts...when off the two banks were seperated.  I installed this after getting stranded in downtown KC in a driving rainstorm after a conference at Midnight...even AAA would not come help us!  Hellroaring products are highly rated by the Jeep crowd that use them for their multibanks of batts for winches and such. 
Happy Trails,
Brent
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 07:04:38 AM »

Thanks Jim and Brent,

I'm having trouble as to where to put one.  Is heat from the engine room an issue?  What are the dimensions of the one's you guys have?

David
busboy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 08:15:25 AM »

The hellroaring unit was very small...as I remember, a bit bigger than a big mans hand...say that three times really fast!
We mounted it on the back of the cab of the F700 between the cab and the toter unit.
Of course your mileage may vary as they have different types.
Happy Trails,
Brent
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: