Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 05:18:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-mas present  (Read 3896 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: December 24, 2009, 06:48:11 AM »

A parts bus shell from my Wife......45XL prevo no engine or trans ,rear fire....you think she wants me out of house? Been married 40 years and she has surprised me this time.....Merry X-Mas

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 06:50:15 AM »

I want one

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 07:07:13 AM »

Is that what you want, or did she really do it?  If she did, that's way COOL!  Merry Christmas!

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 07:23:30 AM »

Grin  Merry Christmas  Cool

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 07:30:03 AM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:03:06 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 07:35:14 AM »

Robert, my wife bought me 2 running Eagles one time cost me a 10 grand sewing machine later LOL 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
cody

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 07:41:39 AM »

I got a 6pk of sweat socks, include me guys, I'm fortunate too lol.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 07:46:44 AM »

It the thought Cody not the gift socks would have worked for me too,I still have one of the Eagles to get rid off with socks when they wear out you can throw those away LOL 

good luck

cody

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 07:57:49 AM »

I needed the socks.  At this point in our lives, I wasn't even expecting the socks, just hopeful for them, I do feel fortunate.
Just Dallas

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 08:05:46 AM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:01:56 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 08:09:19 AM »

Just talked to towing company.....first of week......Santa couldn't get it in is sleigh Grin

cody

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »

At some point I'll look into a parts bus, sooner or later I'll need parts for something, thats only a matter of time, actually at some point I'd even feel pretty lucky to have actual bus heat and a defroster, jamie just said parts bus helll,lol, she said she needs a bus so she can keep up with me, I told her that when she has worked long enough, it'll happen if it's meant to be lol.  At some point this next summer I'm thinking I'll start looking around for a small bulldozer and maybe a frontend loader/back hoe for the anti-KOA, that would come in handy making roads and sites and a general playtoy lol.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 08:21:37 AM by cody » Logged
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 08:25:29 AM »

Cody, I'll put your name in the hat for my spare 05 Eagle I am going to give it to someone to convert but not to part out hell I could do that.
 And you can drive this one anywhere has a new 20,000 mile engine lol it does have a fresh 8v71 no joke 

good luck
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 08:38:47 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 08:40:03 AM »

Our new fridge is supposed to be delivered today, not trying to upstage anyone! Roll Eyes We've been without one for over a week and we're tired of eating out!

Glad you got your present in time! I can't think of a better gift than a bus or at least parts for one!

Too bad you don't have a spare 01 Clifford, I could use a spare! Grin Put my name in the hat for the black jeep! Tongue

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
cody

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 08:44:21 AM »

Wow, a bus to convert? I never figured I'd get a chance to be put in the hat for anything like that, hope jamie doesn't stumble onto this thread lol she is on the board here too and sometimes reads the posts. She is turning out to be a bus nut of a sort too lol
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 08:44:59 AM »

I'll do that Paul I have got to downsize can you picture moving all this stuff Sonja's sewing room is going to be a major project by it's self.
A funny thing happen Wed I offered Sonja's Champion motor home to a homeless family with a child and the guy won't take it without me buying 600.00 dollars worth of tires.

good luck
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 08:56:47 AM by luvrbus » Logged

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 08:51:24 AM »

My family isn't exchanging gifts this year.  We decided to help out charities with the money we would have spent on gifts.

I got myself a few gifts: An Acer Netbook and a Silverleaf VMSpc.  I also bought myslef a rocket kit.  I would have bought myself the stuff regardless if it was Christmas or not.  I just happened to have the money now.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Just Dallas

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 08:53:03 AM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:01:29 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

cody

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 08:58:40 AM »

Christmas came early for us this year, when libby walked out of the hospital under her own power, it was christmas at that point and continues to be every day, dallas just because clifford might be putting my name into the hat that doesn't mean when it gets shaken and drawn it'll come out lol, but thats ok, I've already got a wonderful present and it came early. For something to do me and jamie made 25 Yule Logs and brought them to St Vinnies, ( a thrift store like Goodwill) and told them to give them out as needed, when we were in there yesterday, they were all gone, so I've already got my good feeling for the new year, I'm fine for a while lol.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 09:00:36 AM »

Clifford, When you get to that point of moving let me know. I'll see if we can get away to help, I'm dead serious. After all you've done, it's the least we could do!

Hope you guys are staying warm, it's colder than a well diggers you know what here and snowing like crazy!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2009, 10:49:31 AM »

I'm still hopeing Santa has room for that new DD in his sleigh Grin Grin ( doubtful though Cry) Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2009, 11:25:27 AM »

Hey Clifford , can you put me in the hat also Grin I don't have enough to do lol better yet I'll trade you for mine lol Roll Eyes

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2009, 12:01:06 PM »

Andy,I'll trade ya mine Cheesy I will even buy an airline ticket home for you when you come to P/U mine Cry Cry Grin Grin Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2009, 12:36:02 PM »

You guys are crazy, Shocked               but of course you know that... Roll Eyes

Merry Christmas my friends,

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
cody

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2009, 01:12:11 PM »

crazy? Moi? lol, shhhhhhhh the voices are talking again
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2009, 01:20:42 PM »

You guys are crazy, Shocked               but of course you know that... Roll Eyes

Bill, what is this "you guys" stuff???  You are right in there with the rest of us. Grin

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2009, 05:51:38 PM »

Robert that's a nice present with many hours that will keep you tied home near the wife and family Grin

Was that the bus that Coachconverter posted last week?   Post some pictures for all ...
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2009, 06:18:05 AM »

it is the bus coachconverter posted...The rear damage is deceiving and not really hard to fix...will add at least two slides maybe three.Have....target date next X-mas......will keep a picture record this time.I have a lot of parts for repair..for now goes in my shop out of weather until we get back in April...Will visit Vantare and busnuts in Fla to get ideas in the mean time..

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2009, 06:40:46 AM »

it is the bus coachconverter posted...The rear damage is deceiving and not really hard to fix...will add at least two slides maybe three.Have....target date next X-mas......will keep a picture record this time.I have a lot of parts for repair..for now goes in my shop out of weather until we get back in April...Will visit Vantare and busnuts in Fla to get ideas in the mean time..

Bob,
Will you and Judy be in Arcadia? If so see ya there! Grin
If not see ya sometime later!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2009, 06:49:38 AM »

Robert, I hope you do bring that bus back to live I looked at when it still had the s60 and b500 in it long before Todd bought it has been around for a while.
I have a sheet somewhere Prevost gave me on what needed to be done but they wanted no part of it only wanted to sell a new shell surprise huh

good luck

cody

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2009, 09:22:34 AM »

Dallas, if clifford is kind enough to put my name in the hat and actually pulls it out, your just plain out of luck old friend, this is probably the last chance libby would ever get to use up the last of my rosewood lol.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2009, 12:06:25 PM »

I got a 32 inch Pioneer Viera HD flat screen that my computer will drive.  AND, a Tosheba 18.4 inch nine plus pound Laptop(sorta) for the Blue Ray and DVD drive for the Flat Screen.  AND HD Dish Sat service with dual record so I never miss anything( I really hat to have that happen).  AND Vorizon computer service to stay on the forum and WWW when traveling.  AND  a Wi Fi connected printer  for the RV.  AND a new Thermo Quad Carburator (oops, slip of the tongue that).  And a new Weingard for local events.  AND a new hot water heater.  AND a rebuilt Dometic is on order.  Now most of this stuff was put on charge.  I figure that if I croak it will be a heck of a joke on those blood sucking credit guys.

Merry Christmass to all.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
cody

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »

Throw in an 8 track and you'll be fartting in pure silk lol.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2009, 05:35:16 AM »

Clifford: I know the sewing machine situation My wife has a top end Babylock.....did some fantastic embroidey for Xmas for kids...She does all upholstery sewing for bus..Any other info on the prevost will greatly be appreciated...haven"t even seen it yet but can see the value in $from the picture. I need a project and have the time,and will to make it come true..Judy saw this or she would not have made it come true..I had looked at it and decided to pass...She decided it would be a good Christmas for me...the work should be easier this time since have already done a XL,maybe I won't make the same mistakes during this conversion....redoes end up costing twice!...Already have everything for slides (the ones I built work great to my standards) and a lot of the missing parts...Will be depending on everyone for their input......NEW YEARS resolution finish the bus!

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 02:26:05 PM »

This is Andy Bob's son.  I'm gonna post a pic of old smokey for you to see.

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 05:23:01 PM »

Andy thank you for the photo!
And tell your mom & dad some crazy guy that goes by BK said "Hi, have a great trip to FL, and call him when you get back! Wink "
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: