Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 09:23:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did your "BUS" get for Christmas?  (Read 4565 times)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 07:57:50 AM »

A new to it engine, a box of rocks Grin, a case of rust inhibitor?, Oh well maybe next year! Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 08:01:08 AM »

Six (6) new tires which were over due..........

Merry Christmas to all !!!

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 08:10:41 AM »

4 new frame bumpers.  When i called and ordered them from Luke, he just laughed and said " oh boy".  I did not even bother to ask what he meant by that, because i had already figured it is going to be a pain to do.  They don't look like much. A half ball 4 inches across and 2 inches tall with a 1 1/4 inch long  threaded rod coming out of it. Whole thing fits in the palm of my hand.  To put them in i already know that i am going to have to pull all of the wheels.  I am assuming that these have never been changed before , so the ones that are there are 42 years old. I am going to have to use a lot of penetrating oil and maybe some heat to get the old ones out. I have to be careful  also not to screw up the threads of the hole when getting them out.  At least when i get done i should never have to do it again. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Depewtee

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 09:26:58 AM »

A Xantrex ProSine 2.0.  The bus wanted the 3.0, but I could not pass up $750.00 for the brand new 2.0!

Brian Shonk
Fort Walton Beach, FL (Florida Panhandle)
1981 Prevost LeMirage Liberty Coach
1984 TMC MC-9
Bestekustoms
EAGLE

1969 EAGLE 05 1967 Eagle 04 1972 Eagle 05 +More

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 09:35:41 AM »

I Got A NEW (Used) 1972 Silver Eagle (Trailways) Shocked
Ebay ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220526568050&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

WOW !! Is About All I Can Say At This Point.
I Left For Arizona On Monday Got There On Tuesday Morning Then Left Driving The Bus. I Drove Through Every Time Of Weather Known To Man. Froze My A%% Off. The Real Bad Weather Didnt Come Until I Hit Colorado Springs Wednesday At 5 PM RUSH HOUR...WOW !!!  What A Ride. Solid ICE All The Way To My Home 20 In Denver....... BURRR.....

Im Happy To Report .... The Eagle Ran Like New.

3 Days With NO Sleep Could Kill An Old Guy Like Me Roll Eyes Well Not That Old Yet...

MERRY CHRISTMAS To All Of My Bus Nutts Friends...

JOHN Cool
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 09:47:53 AM by Bestekustoms » Logged

"IT IS..... WHAT IT IS"
cody

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 09:47:02 AM »

Congrads, that looks like a beauty.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 09:54:52 AM »

A new set of wheel covers! I have to go help sew them right now LOL Grin
Happy Holidays to all, Will and Wife

Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 09:59:23 AM »

How about a big ole' pile of snow? Cheesy Cry

We're snowed in BIG time here in Oklahoma, so poor TempBus is stuck in the garage. . . well, I guess TempBus is probably pretty happy to be stuck in a nice, warm garage.

Me, well, I guess my biggest Christmas gift was surviving an attempt to drive two miles to get my Mom and bring her back to our place yesterday.  That was the longest 1/4 mile of my life, and although I grew up and cut my driving teeth in Minnesota, having been out in 48 below zero weather and surviving 98 below windchills in the past, I can truthfully say that I fell pretty lucky to be alive today, having gone through what now is the 'scariest moment of my life'. Tongue  Merry Christmas to everyone!  Grin  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
cody

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 10:02:30 AM »

We're glad you made it ok, it doesn't matter where the storm is, it's still a storm, we've been very lucky so far most of the storms have gone south of us and we've only got a slight touch of the bad stuff.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 10:16:08 AM »

Great John a younger sister for the other and from the same country no less, has someone added power steering 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
busdriver58

Eagles Fan

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2009, 10:36:09 AM »

Our first bus didn't get nothing more than a sister, this is the one we tried to purchase in 2008 and we flyed to Reno NV just two or three days prior to the first storm to pick it up, now is waiting at the border to be imported to our country but I don't know when we will do that because is a lot expensive. I would like an automatic transmission, power steering and more power in the engine like in the first one, but that, will be another story.

http://www.eaglesinternational.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=847

Merry Christmas to all members!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 06:51:00 PM by busdriver58 » Logged

Chihuahua, MX
1969 Eagle 05 8V92/Auto &
1964 Eagle 01 8V71/Std
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 10:37:09 AM »

We're glad you made it ok, it doesn't matter where the storm is, it's still a storm,

Thanks Cody.  Yeah, this IS one for the record books in Oklahoma, but truthfully, after having lived most of my life in places with WAY worse Winter storms, it's one for my own personal record book!  

Boy, at one point I thought to myself, "This can't be Oklahoma.  This feels like a blizzard in Siberia or the North Pole or something.  This is bad and now what do I do? Undecided"  

I've driven treacherous roads, driving in such thick fog you had to open your door and look for while lines on the road, been stuck out on the interstate and run into glare ice that made your hair stand on end, but never actually thought I could die out there.  Last night, well, it wasn't such an abstract thought, it was a real possibility, and I sure am glad I made it back!!! Tongue  I can't even really explain it well enough for anyone to see it like I saw it through my own eyes. . there just aren't words to describe what I experienced. . .I've never been through that bad of a situation before I guess.  

Anyway, yippee, I made it, we're all fine, everyone's fine, it'll be a great Christmas.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
cody

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2009, 11:46:17 AM »

Strangely enough, I fully understand what your saying, I've been in some storms that you had to try to see the snow banks out the side windows to see if you were on the road, so I can totally understand the feeling of your knees going weak and thinking you will never get home alive that it's over, we've seen some beauties over the years, thank fully we've made it thru them.  I'm just glad I wasn't heading for jacks when it hit, I seem to get the blame for any storm that pops up while I'm on the road lol.
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2009, 12:32:40 PM »

WOW !  Do I feel low  Angry    All you nice people bought something for your bus  Smiley
All I did was park mine on a consignment lot for sale.  At least it's sitting beside another MCI-9. Grin

Merry Christmas Big Blue Kwaj Diver Bus.

Now I feel better that I got that off my chest.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
arctic fox

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2009, 01:15:21 PM »

Our bus got a second chance. We moved to GreenValley Az. in April and had the bus up for sale in Oklahoma. At the end of summer we were still the owners. We had not used it much for the last 5 years due to a family situation. That changed so we went back to get it in October. Had a great trip back with a stop at the TBN rally in Texas. We made it home with no problems. The 8V92ta used a whole quart of oil in 1300 miles. We are now loading up for the trip to Indio for the FMCA rally then 10 days south of Quartzite setting in the desert.  We will end up at joint bus rally in Quartzite before heading back to the golf course.

1972 Prevost 8v92TA HT750CDR 3.70 gear
8KW,Aqua hot and 2500 inverter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: