Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 03:51:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did your "BUS" get for Christmas?  (Read 4186 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2009, 06:17:10 AM »

Cody you still have friends? I thought you lost all of us when you quit making the payments! Grin        Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
cody

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2009, 06:19:16 AM »

I still have payments? I thought those were finihsed up with that last batch of bad checks lol.  Did you guys get hit with the storm?
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2009, 06:24:15 AM »

Just some stupid old rain ande freezing temps! No purty snow or ice!  Angry
26.3* this am when I got up, up to 30.1 now!(woohooo! heat wave I tell ya!)
Just gimme the snow and I'd be happier than with these temps! If it's gotta be so frigg'n cold it oughta have the purty's to go with it! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2009, 07:06:24 AM »

Our bus got one heck of a christmas. She got new drive wheel seals, bearings, brakes, 5 gal of gear oil, 26 qts. of oil, 15 qts. of trans fluid, and a trip to Maggie Valley, NC christmas day. They had 18" of snow a few days ago. Not the warmest with only dash heat and one electric heater, but exciting. The second trip out after 9 years in dry dock. 3 mile steep grade and everything worked great!! She was hoping to be one of those unplanned visitors to Arcadia but just couldn't get everything done in time. Always next year!!!
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2009, 07:26:31 AM »

We only got maybe 7" or 8" of snow out of a storm that was supposed to dump up to 2 feet.  The main reason was above freezing temps so the snow was very heavy.  Had it been 10 degrees colder we would have had nearly 20" of snow instead.  We are well prepared for snow here so no issues getting around.

The snow was so heavy that my 7.5 HP snow blower almost stalled removing 3" of slushy snow off my driveway.  I spent 2 and a half hours removing snow Christmas morning as I did a neighbor's driveway so it wouldn't freeze into a layer of ice by the time they got home.  I was a bit late for Christmas dinner because of the snow removal.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 09:12:04 AM by belfert » Logged

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2009, 08:53:34 AM »

I guess you could say that our bus is getting a replacement engine during the Christmas season.  Don't know if that qualifies or not.

I certainly had planned for the bus to be running way before Christmas, but that was not to be.

I hope "SHE" appreciates what all I have done to try to do the job correctly (and in terrible weather conditions I might add), and returns the "gift" by running down the road for many years without a problem. 

Do you call that "giving" with an expectation of "getting" Wink?

We sure had a nice Christmas with our daughter and their spouses and the eight grandkids.  It sure is quite today Grin

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2009, 09:40:56 AM »

Do you call that "giving" with an expectation of "getting" Wink?

Sure it is.  It is practiced by many millions of couples at every gift giving holiday.  Anyone doubting, just try not giving your spouse a gift after they gave you yours and watch what happens.  (But for your health and that of your relationship, have the actual gift handy and make sure it is a really good one  Grin )

Christy, and all who had to deal with the hard winter weather, I am very thankful that y'all made it through ok.

Brian, you are an outstanding neighbor and a great person for taking care of your neighbor's driveway like that.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2009, 10:10:17 AM »

I didn't get or give a single gift this holiday except stuff I bought for myself.  My siblings, my parents, and I all agreed we would give money to charity instead of buying exchanging gifts.  We are all old enough to just buy something if we want it.

My bus got a a Big Buddy heater, a netbook and a Silverleaf VMSpc.  I'm heading outside in a minute to try out the Silverleaf VMSpc now that the heater has run for a few hours.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Dirtball

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2009, 02:45:31 PM »

New headlight for me to see my way to the barn, in the barn and into the bus....Fenix HP 10 it's called,,,LED...4 AA batteries , 225 lumen max and 3 lower settings plus a strobe feature,, $70  ...I've bought about 5 headlights over the years and this one takes the cake,   best price and service is ....Theflashlightguy.com 's Ebay store   ...as this LED technology improves I am ready to throw out the 5 or 6  D cell Maglights I own-- big, bulky, roll on the floor or counter, bulb burn out etc... and buy all headlights,, why do we walk in the dark with one free hand??? .....Hey,   Simple Minds( like mine) Are Easily Amused.....Happy Healthy New Year to everyone

1996 MCI DL3 Custom Coach conversion
James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2009, 02:20:24 PM »

Hi Eric, I wish you could have stopped at the hot spot at exit 10. I would have loved to see your Eagle. The last time I saw it, she was parked beside your shop with most of the skin removed. Good luck and I am glad your first trip went well.

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: