Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 06:07:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need lots of advice on heading to Quartzite.  (Read 4586 times)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« on: December 27, 2009, 05:48:27 AM »

So, after an entire year of searching for office help, finding
julie, great help Smiley, losing her due to her health issues Cry, then finding Becky, the best help I've ever had Smiley Smiley, losing her to her BOYFRIEND'S health issues Huh, and FINALLY, getting her back fulltime. . yippee Grin Grin, Grin, we finally have someone to leave in charge of the office, Smiley . . . all surgeries are done and healed YIPPPEEE,  Grin Grin. . .it's TIME TO PLAN A TRIP.

Since we already have friends headed to Quartzite, it seemed logical to join the migration and head in that direction for a couple of weeks of "get the heck out of Dodge!"  We're still making plans but hope to hit the road either January 13 or 20th, depending on how quickly we can get the bus ready and Becky ready to wing it by herself.

Hence the big, BIG questions. . . .  where in the heck do we stay??? Huh  How does the whole thing work??? Will my Alltel/Verizon air card work there? 

We've never been there. . heard about it for years. . . do we have to boondock the whole time?  Since it's so busy, I'm assuming there are no places to stay with at least AC hookups?  What should we expect?  Horrible traffic?  Lots of fun???  Seeing people we know???  Too many people to even NOTICE people we know?Huh  Any and all advice will be GREATLY appreciated.   It's been a LOOOOOONG year and we are SO ready to get back to bussin' again!  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 05:58:22 AM »

Christy, there are plenty of campgrounds in Quartzsite you can choose from dry or full hookups and plenty of 14 day free camping and the traffic is not that bad any longer with the new roads, drop in on us at the rally or at our pre rally at the East end of town on the south side of I 10 just look for all the GMC,Flex, Eagles and MCI along with the Prevost plenty of bus people. the big rally starts Jan 21 and is in walking distance of the Big Tent and all  the rock shows. (goggle Rice Ranch).
Sonja said if you need help finding the bargains count her in she hates just setting idle and she will even bring the little red car which would work for Larry and me doesn't hold that much LOl

good luck
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 06:46:51 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 07:38:08 AM »

Cell coverage shouldn't be a problem unless you get way off the beaten trail.  There's a grocery store in town but you probably want to arrive as full as possible.  You can buy water and dump your sewer in town or if you stay on the extended stay (pay) BLM lands there is a sewer & water station included.  There's also mobile honey wagon services but we have never used them. 

Expanding on what Clifford said, there are areas where you can stay 14 consecutive days free - for ease of explaining figure north of town but there are a few spots south of town as well.  And there are areas where you can pay a nominal amount for extended stays - generally south of town.  If you stay in town there is everything from gravel parking lots for 5 bux a night right through to full hookups.  We like to boondock but that's only fun if you have somebody to hook up with for a campfire and other visiting.  Getting around in town during the day used to be a real bear but they have widened the roads and I think there are probably a few less visitors so traffic isn't what it used to be.  As far as the shopping goes there's everything from garage sale garbage through the standard flea market crap to brand new RVs.  If you are staying on the desert a quad or motorbike is a huge help for getting into town without having the negotiate the traffic.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 11:02:07 AM »

Christy

I also have never been but I signed up for the joint bus rally -- the form is at the top of the page -- FMCA membership number is needed for the 21 to 23 of Jan. If you are going to be there then let me know -- I hope to put faces with some of the people here and share a beverage with some I have already met.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 03:13:42 PM »

Christi
Go north off I40 on the road to Lake Havasu to the High Jolly Camp ground. No charge, course no hoof ups either. I plan on being in that area on Jan 26. I have a MCI 7 and there will be other MH with Jeeps. Keep us posted as to where you will land. Cell service is good.
ED
MCI 7

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 03:41:53 PM »

Ed, I think you go north on 95 off I 10 towards Parker to reach the Jolly campground if it is the one we stop at it is about 6 miles from Quartzsite on the east side of 95

good luck
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 04:00:17 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 05:10:07 PM »

I think I might have hitched a ride with Sonnie, we'll see if it works out, I sure hope so cause Becky said I can go! Grin

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 05:12:51 PM »

I think I might have hitched a ride with Sonnie, we'll see if it works out, I sure hope so cause Becky said I can go! Grin

Paul

Paul just don't try to get in Lil' bits spot and you'll be fine! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 05:26:33 PM »

The main party and the big tent will open on the 16th and runs thru the 24th.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 06:13:28 PM »

main party and the big tent

Hmmmmm Huh  did someone say PARTY?Huh Cheesy  Um, wait, main party and big tent. . . .  Huh  Ok, now I've heard some pretty wild stories about "the Slabs". ... . I'm assuming you're talking about like a big RV thing. . .swap meet. . . . that type of party?HuhHuh Cheesy

Lil' Bit can TAKE Paul, that's for sure Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

When it comes to camping/parking the bus, we vote for solid surface, no sand for this crew.  Our Jeep has four wheel drive, but seems that the only thing we use it in is stupid snow!!!!!

Keep the info coming. . . I swear, I KNOW NOT'ING!!! Grin  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »

Hey Paul , that would be sweet if you can make it , if you don't snor you can bunk in the front seat of the Tohoe lol Grin

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 06:29:50 PM »

Hey Paul , that would be sweet if you can make it , if you don't snor you can bunk in the front seat of the Tohoe lol Grin

I'm not telling and neither is Becky! Grin

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 06:31:05 PM »

Paul Cheryl and I have an extra air mattress and plenty of floor space A  Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 06:37:37 PM »

Its desert Christy but not the sand dune kind of desert.  If you like hookups that's a really good reason to stay in town but otherwise there's lots of safe places to drive on the desert without worrying about getting stuck.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »

Bob

Are you staying in town?Huh If not why would you suggest anyone else does?Huh Are you afraid they will CRASH your party?Huh?

Don't worry about the scorpions or rattlesnakes they will all have been run off by the time we show up

We will see you there ---- SOMEWHERE

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: