Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 11:06:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need lots of advice on heading to Quartzite.  (Read 4575 times)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 04:40:18 AM »

We have some friends who just got to Quartzite yesterday, and they are attempting to visit as many areas as possible to scope out the camping, and it seems to be that there are so many choices that one doesn't know where to start!  I'm hoping they can sort things out a little for us too, ha ha.

So, how many rallies are going on towards the end of January, anyway???  We are probably going to arrive there either around the 16th or 23rd, depending on how fast we can get out of dodge!  This snow sure didn't help us much, and it looks like we're in for another storm Tuesday Cry Cry.  We've got to have some work done on Larry's shop before we leave, so we are also dependant on their schedule Angry.  

Cliff, you tell Sonja that we can take our spacious Jeep Grand Cherokee when we're bargain hunting! Cheesy  Did we tell you about the time I bought a baby grand piano and hauled it home in our bus Shocked?   Grin

Melbo, you can bet I'll announce it to the world when we hit the border, ha ha.  We've been long overdue for a good bus trip, we just had so many issues this last year that we barely got to use the bus, much less, spend time just yakking with everyone online.  It was bad enough to be short-handed at work, but then to have the two lousy hands I possess stitched and bandaged up for awhile really crimped my style!  We're Finally done w/all that & ready tp get back to our normal bussin' life!!!  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
NoRivets

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 06:49:34 AM »

So, back to the original question for a bit..for the benefit of us lurkers  Shocked

I've been to Quartzsite (just learned how to spell it 'zs' -  Cheesy) a couple of times and it can be a little overwhelming as to where to park.  We're hoping to get into Rice Ranch on Thurs.(21st)evening... Is that going to be Do-able? ??  Where are most of the Busnuts going to be, so we can meet some new folks and enjoy it the most?  We're towing a Jeep- will that be Useable? or is it too congested for anything but bicycles or scooters?

Seeking advice !

Phil in Prescott

AZ
1980- RTS - 8v71N w/N-65 A-timed/ 4:10 gears
towing a Jeep Wrangler.  99.9% completed (15th Yr)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 06:56:05 AM »

Jeeps work fine Phil most roads a 4 lane now in Quartzsite and from Rice Ranch you can walk to most events and shopping easy only time you will need your Jeep is for downtown or the grocery store

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
cody

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 07:07:24 AM »

We've often thought about quartzsite, we can't do anything this winter while libby is healing but how does it work in quartzsite, i know poeple come for the rallys but many stay for the winter too, do you get a permit from the BLM for a site or just find a spot and park, one of the other boards said that when they went for the first time they were mad cause each time they found an open spot in the desert somebody would pull in with their rig and tell them to move on cause they had been using that exact spot for the past 10 years or something to that effect.  I'm thinking that I'd be hesitant to just willingly give up a site that I had just set up, (does the desert soak up blood quickly? lol), thats why I'm asking, one couple indicated that they had to move 3 times before they found a site that wasn't spoken or claimed to be spoken for on BLM land. I'm also thinking that there must be a lot of solar set ups there too to cut back on the cost of running generators all the time, another question is water and the honey wagon, I'm assuming that you have to head into town to fill the water tanks now and then and to empty the waste.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 07:28:38 AM »

Cody, your friends should not have moved you tell the old farts to go to hell and park any where you choose.I had a group from Canada try and pull that crap on me and need I say I parked in the middle of them never knew what they were saying about me as ever time I got close they starting speaking in French 
If you park and pay the fee at La Pas it has water and a sewer dump included in the fee plenty of 14 day free parking and the 14 day parking is not enforced by BLM if you do get a jerk move to another area for 14 days I think it has to be over a 2 mile move which is no problem.  
You can buy a permit at La Pas for 2 weeks or the full season but 2 weeks at Quartzsite is enough for me LOL a 8 month season permit is a little much for me.
I think the 8 month permit at La Pas is 140 bucks now
Loves has free dump and water if you buy fuel if you don't buy fuel will cost you 5 bucks

good luck
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:39:47 AM by luvrbus » Logged

cody

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 07:35:36 AM »

My friends didn't know, the people came in and their claim was backed up by the neighbors so they figured maybe the site had been reserved or something so they moved, my problem would be the lack of power, I enjoy tinkering with my cabinet saw wayyy to much to be able to survive a whole winter without it and I can't afford park rates for that long of a time either so I'd have to come up with plan B lol.   I'm still learning how to put 2 peices of wood together so if I went a whole winter without practice I would forget what little I've learned so far.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 07:36:55 AM »

Quote from: luvrbus
Cody, your friends should not have moved you tell the old farts to go to hell and park any where you choose.

My thoughts exactly!

Loves has free dump and water if you buy fuel if you don't buy fuel will cost you 5 bucks
good luck

Perfect for Cody he usually buys his fuel 5 gallons at a time anyway Grin ! He brings it back to the bus on his regular runs instead of taking the bus to the pump Grin .  (works well for him and it's less of a hit on his wallet at one time, if he bought it all at once his wallet would look worse then those starving orphans they show on TV in all those foreign country's Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 07:44:31 AM »

As most people (that have been there often) know, the "big tent" is centered in the vender area, is 650'X 500' and jammed with RV venders. the tent has red and white stripes across the top and can be seen from just about anywhere in town. Many folks plan there stay around the "big tent" schedule (16th thru 24th this year) this will be my 22nd year.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
cody

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 07:49:25 AM »

Yep, BK is right, we have 2 yellow fuel cans that are 5 gallons each, when libby needs to make a run to the store, I normally throw the cans in the back of the jeep or the truck and stop where I can find  fuel for a couple of pennies cheaper.  Over time it adds up in the tank.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 08:05:52 AM »

Cody, one trick the people from north will try and do is one comes in Oct and will set chairs and a pcs of carpet on the ground with a few rocks and tell you the people just went to town.
When that happens find a ranger and he will make them move the stuff if people are not in the space the next morning makes for good neighbors I can tell you.LOL but they get over it in time

good luck

cody

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 08:11:48 AM »

Damm them peoples from up north lol.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 08:37:24 AM »

Cody, one trick the people from north will try and do is one comes in Oct and will set chairs and a pcs of carpet on the ground with a few rocks and tell you the people just went to town.
When that happens find a ranger and he will make them move the stuff if people are not in the space the next morning makes for good neighbors I can tell you.LOL but they get over it in time
good luck

Grin

Quote from: cody
Damm them peoples from up north lol.

Yeah Damn them Yankees! But Clifford it's the Damn Yankees that burn my but! (the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee is a Yankee is a person from the North who comes down and hangs out in the south for a while {usually winter}, While a Damn Yankee is one who comes down and refuses to go home! Grin)
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 08:47:57 AM »

Hey! Shocked I resemble that remark! Shocked Grin Grin Cheesy

Damn Yankee Tongue

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »

Quote from: van
Hey! Shocked I resemble that remark! Shocked Grin Grin Cheesy
  Damn Yankee Tongue

Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2009, 10:38:50 AM »

Its a big desert.  If some asshole doesn't want me parked next to him then there's a better than even chance that I don't want to be parked next to him either.

Our experience however has been that you pull up, ask if you can join the fire circle and get welcomed to the campfire.  They may regret the invitation after they have heard my generator but by then its too late.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: