Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 02:02:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally the new barn is completed  (Read 1209 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2009, 07:05:29 AM »

Had to get on the builder's arse because he was taking forever and I needed the bus in the new barn for Christmas.  I needed the room to park it and the room to put out of town Famn Damily.  Well his crew worked until midnight on the 23 December and knocked it out.  At midnight I was putting in the new 50 AMP plug so the family could have power.  It was kewl backing the rig into the new barn.  Now I need to level the ground and bring in some rock for starters and eventually slab it with concrete.  The poor bus looks like heck right now because it has been parked outside for a couple of months.

Now the work begins.  The previous owner of the bus had a white strip painted on the roof.  The white paint is failing and turning to a white powder.  When it rains or dew sets it runs down the side of the bus and leaves a residue of powder on the paint.  I am going to have to get up there and sand off the old paint and put on a good roof elastimer.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 08:00:52 AM »

That white stripe is probably cool seal.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 10:52:46 AM »

I don't know what it is but it has turned to chalk and needs to come off of there.  The new stuff I put on is supposed to last a long long time.  My Uncle owned a roofing company and swears the elastimer brand he talked about will be there when I am gone.

www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 10:53:33 AM »

Oh and so far as pics I am out of the game for a while.  At least until I figure out how to get past the filters IT put on our computers at work.

www.snakebreaker.com
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 12:49:52 AM »

My bus has that same chalk coming from the roof. One of these days, I'm going to paint the entire bus WHITE!

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 06:24:40 AM »

Oh and so far as pics I am out of the game for a while.  At least until I figure out how to get past the filters IT put on our computers at work.

I was useing Photobucket for my photos until the IT guys started blocking all streaming video. Now I use my Canon site for photos. As long as the site does not have streaming videos I can access it.

You may want to try a different photo hosting website....

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 06:27:10 AM »

try shutterfly     flocks.shutterfly.com

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: