Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 11:38:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eagle On Ebay  (Read 4243 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2009, 08:55:21 AM »

For those wanting a 102 wide bus good buy on a Model 15 Eagle with a blown engine and was built with Cor-Ten steel http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/school-bus5885370bff hope I got it right   

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 08:58:15 AM »

Try this,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCHOOL-BUS-COACH-DIESEL-PUSHER-MOTORHOME-EAGLE-TURBO_W0QQitemZ380192099327QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBuses?hash=item5885370bff

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »

If this is what you've been waiting for, now's your chance. Originally built for Century tours in NJ(unit #408), then sold to Washington Charters of Pennsylvania( unit#378)Hope I got this right VIN# 1EUBN8A14KB070341.happy hunting Smiley
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 09:05:34 AM by van » Logged

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 09:05:30 AM »

Van, see how that one piece door opens on that bus that was a factory install the way I been telling you to build yours now you know the rest of the story. 
If only I was a little younger that  baby would be in my shop with a fresh 8v92 going in it

good luck
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 09:14:31 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 09:13:26 AM »

I spotted that as soon as I had seen the door, I remembered the factory window at the bottom of it as you mentioned . The mech said it hadn't been run in years, also the engine was dead, yet it was also mentioned that he hadn't had time to put batteries in it yet. I wonder if they really know whats up with this engine, some batts, filters, who knows you might just drive it home. Never know till you go it seems.
I'm pretty certain a good price can be negotiated for this bus. Wink 

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 09:33:58 AM »

Van you can also make that type door open towards the front and you can do it buy using the hardware from your 2 piece door but you can't go both ways that is called a plug door

good luck
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:12:52 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 09:44:54 AM »

Sweet ride I wonder if all my stuff would fit on the 102 , Huh my wheels are turnning here lol moma would shoot me , Iam sitting here waiting to go to Calgery lol I better shut this down while I still have some money and wife  Grin

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 09:49:14 AM »

Hopefully we will hear more on this one as I know there are phone calls being placed as we speak,bus looks pretty straight from the pics. Smiley

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 10:49:02 AM »

I thought I might as well jump in on this too! Grin

That would be a great coach to build, it's got the right stuff.

Come on Clifford, you're still young, what's a little job like that to you!  Roll Eyes

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 12:00:34 PM »

Having lived there for 22 years, my standard advice is "just say no to anything from Pa.".  That bus sure looks clean to me, however.  Just the fact that the shock isn't hanging free from rusted and broken mounts seems to mean it was never run in Pa.

Anything used for schools is inspected vigorously.  Nebraska last approved it in 2001 and it has been sitting for 2 years?  So it ran for the period that an inspection is good for before it was removed from service.....motor or Huh??

2 cents,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 12:12:06 PM »

FWIW, that's my coach's younger brother.my vin is 70287 and came from Long Island, NY and mine is in pretty good shape. Wink

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 12:18:51 PM »

It will probably have some sheet metal rust but nothing major on the frame Cor-Ten is good stuff it only rust where the air is cut off to it, you cover it with dirt and the stuff will rust with the best

good luck

cody

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »

I'm hoping libby doesn't see it, she is all set on me doing another bus, this time with slides and maybe a roof raise, I don't understand why cause I don't see where she is growing, at least not taller lol.  I'm thinking she is after my rosewood lol.
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 05:27:17 PM »

From the Ebay pictures it looks like it is riding about the right height 13~14", then in the photobucket pictures the first one shows the torsion bolt.  With so little thread showing on that side of the arm there is a ton of thread left on the other side of the bracket to raise the coach.  The beams must be in great shape.

This will be a great deal for someone.  Wow, I almost wish I was looking for one.  

Someone buy it so we all can give you great advice as to how to convert it.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

David
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 05:42:49 PM »

Isn't Sidney where they have Cabela's chief rabbit?  I've spent more than one night at the "Walmart Truck Stop" there, waiting for the highway to open.  LOTS of salt.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: