Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 15, 2017, 02:31:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electronic door lock  (Read 553 times)
Zephod

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2017, 03:10:55 PM »

My door controller arrived today. I'm probably brain dead but I'm not getting it to work.

Now those are the instructions. I connected blue to a buzzer and the buzzer to black (ground). I connected red to positive and black to negative. I programmed an entry code into the thing and that code works. It turns the keypad from red to green. What's not happening is the buzzer sounding.

That's before I key the correct code in.

That's after I key the correct code in. Now I'm pretty sure the buzzer should have sounded so I'm clearly missing something here.

Like I said, it doesn't help that I've just returned from a long day of driving school busses full of special needs children, some of whom screamed the entire way because they couldn't have the seat to themselves.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carpenter 3800 1994 on a Navistar 1994 chassis with a DT466 and alinson transmission.
Gary Hatt - Publisher BCM
Publisher - BCM
Help Team

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 06:37:02 PM »

Try this.  Put it away and look at it again tomorrow.  This frequently works for me.  Sometimes the answer even comes to me in the night if I read the instructions again before I go to sleep.  Cheesy

Especially if I have had a long day as you mentioned.

1967 Eagle with Series 60 Power Plant
Gary@BusConversions.com
Zephod

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 01:23:59 AM »

You're right. My day starts at 04:00 with my alarm. I drive a bus from 05:40 until 09:45 then break (unless there's a field trip) then 13:30 til 16:30 then I'm off unless I have an afterschool which is usually 16:00-20:00. That's my day!

Carpenter 3800 1994 on a Navistar 1994 chassis with a DT466 and alinson transmission.
Zephod

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »

Solved... I'd got some of the wiring wrong when I was tired.

The lock opens a relay for 5 or 6 seconds. That should allow sufficient time for my door lock to open. If not, I'll just reenter the code. There's an alarm that can be wired in and set to sound if a wrong code is entered. I like this lock.

Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 03:29:22 PM »

Solved... 

Good.  It sure looks the business -- I'd like something like that for mine.  Do you have any way to recess it or shield it?  That might be a good thing.

...  There's an alarm that can be wired in and set to sound if a wrong code is entered. I like this lock.

Yep, it sure looks good.  Is it near your front entry steps?  Do you have a way to (secretly) access or trip the relay if there's a problem with the keypad assembly, wiring or other parts?

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Zephod

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 03:44:36 PM »

It's a bypass for my keyed lock. I'll hide the keypad somewhere so if I ever lock my keys in the bus again, I'll be able to get in. I was only able to get in last time because I have spare keys in the house.

That lock has a steel case and bolts to the bodywork. You'd have to have a special tool to open it. Too much trouble for the average villain.

Zephod

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 03:48:04 PM »

Yep, it sure looks good.  Is it near your front entry steps?  Do you have a way to (secretly) access or trip the relay if there's a problem with the keypad assembly, wiring or other parts?
There are also locks that can be accessed solely via Bluetooth or wifi. Great if you always have your cellphone on you.

Zephod

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 10:58:50 AM »

NEAT! I just discovered I can change the relay operation time on my keypad. I changed it to 10 seconds so I can be sure of the lock opening with one code entry. Not sure whether I'll put the keypad bad entry alarm into use though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: