Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
August 23, 2017, 02:49:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portable ac  (Read 529 times)
neoneddy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 08:07:01 PM »

There is a YouTube channel https://youtu.be/cB1Ur8QaIaI here

They did window units inside and kept it stealth, however they did have some issues later on.

I like the idea of using a lower bay and making it basement air from a window unit. Shouldn’t be too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time bus owner, long time bus lover  - 1982 MCI MC9 6V92 - Currently gutted working on the build.  Video Build Log
Zephod

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 09:04:56 PM »

There is a YouTube channel https://youtu.be/cB1Ur8QaIaI here

They did window units inside and kept it stealth, however they did have some issues later on.

I like the idea of using a lower bay and making it basement air from a window unit. Shouldn’t be too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it'd be easier if I had compartments down below. This seems to have been a budget backup bus hence 97k miles on it during 20 years with Louisiana schools.
No air brakes
No air con
Non adjustable wheel
No ether injector
No door alarm
Basic driving seat

I'm toying with the idea of renting a portable ac for a day or two just to try it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carpenter 3800 1994 on a Navistar 1994 chassis with a DT466 and alinson transmission.
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 09:36:50 PM »

The humidity is worse than the actual heat. Do you think perhaps a dehumidifier might work better?

Not sure.  A dehumidifier would *help* but probably wouldn't do all the job -- and they put heat into the air, along with the dry air.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Brassman

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 12:19:07 AM »

Gotta love a school bus. Take out the angel grinder and cut a hole in it. No worries!
Zephod

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 03:31:55 AM »

Not sure.  A dehumidifier would *help* but probably wouldn't do all the job -- and they put heat into the air, along with the dry air.
You're right of course. That is something I'd thought about. I had a dehumidifier when I lived in a damp mobile home. It made the place a lot more comfortable.

Oddly, it feels hotter in sc than it does in a darned rainforest!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carpenter 3800 1994 on a Navistar 1994 chassis with a DT466 and alinson transmission.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: