Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
October 24, 2016, 03:45:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: BCM – October Issue – From Seated to Completed in 44 Days  (Read 243 times)
Gary Hatt - Publisher BCM
Publisher - BCM
Help Team

« on: October 06, 2016, 11:37:22 AM »

The October issue of Bus Conversion Magazine is now available to view and/or download from our website at: www.BusConversions.com/magazine.html.  
To view the Table of Contents, hover your mouse over the cover and you will be able to view what is in this issue.

In this issue we feature an article by Derrick Thomas about how he started converting his seated bus into a house on wheels in 44 days.  Derrick, his wife Donna and their four boys live in their bus 11 months of the year. They discuss how they did it so quickly and on a budget. This was not their first rodeo, so they knew exactly what they wanted and knew how to do it based on their last conversion.  I think they have a great system which I recommend to everyone.  Build a couple of buses for practice then by the third one, you will know exactly what you want and how to do it.

Another article in this issue is by John Mayro is about the July Flxible Rally held in July in Loudonville, Ohio.   To see 77 photos of Flxible, other really cool buses and the people that travel in them, read this article.  To learn more about Flxible owners check out their website at www.FlxibleOwners.org.  

In this issue, we are also featuring an article by Scott Bruner about Getting his Scenicruiser PD4501 Home. This is part one of a multi-part article that will run over the next few issues. This was a challenge itself because there was no floor where the drivers’ seat should be and no pedals to make it go or stop. I myself grew up on a farm and have driven vehicles without brakes and it sure is a thrill ride similar to Disneyland. There was no fuel or antifreeze in the bus, they had their work cut out for them. As you can already tell, this is a story about a very persistent Bus Nut.

The last article is by Penn Lenson, owner of Engine Heat Protection who out of necessity began a small manufacturing company to make parts for classic and antique cars because he was refurbishing these cars some parts were no longer available.  During that time he developed a replacement for asbestos exhaust pipe insulation because it was no longer readily available and invented a substitute made of a ceramic space age material.  He manufactured a lot of this material for use in furnaces so he knew what worked and what didn’t.  This is a super-efficient heat barrier and noise insulator which found its way in to many other applications and is also used to keep bus engine compartments cool, so engines and generators do not overheat and to insulate the inside of buses to keep them cool in the summer and warm in the winter as well as to help soundproof them as well. Jay Leno also used this material in a race car he built to reflect the heat.

The Bonus Content which is only in our Online Digital Edition contains the following information…

More photos of Derrick and Donna’s 1998 MCI 102-DL3 during the conversion process.

More photos of Scott Bruner sitting on a 5-gallon bucket he used to drive his PD4501 home as well as many other in process photos.

More photos of buses at the Flxible Bus Rally.  Maybe your bus is in one of these photos.

A Blast From The Past story about how Eagle expanded its line of American Eagles including a two axle suburban (like my 1967 Eagle) and a living luxury touring coach.

A Blast From The Past Road Fix article about a guy who installed an air cylinder in the compartment below the driver’s seat to help relieve some of the pressure needed to release the clutch on his 4106.

A Blast From The Past article on how Jack Conrad modified his generator compartment to make it much quieter for his Orange Blossom Special II.

Bus Chat entitled, How Do You Learn to Trust Your Engine.  If you often wonder if your engine will get you all the way to your destination, this article is for you.  On a personal note, I always talk to my engine before I head out on a trip to build up its confidence.  I think it helps.

And Finally, to purchase either the Print Edition which will be mailed to you or the Online Digital Edition of this issue, which you can view and download immediately for a mere $5 (The Print Edition has a $4 S&H fee) or any back issues, click here…
https://www.facebook.com/BCMagUSA/ choose the BCM Store tab and choose the Back Issues sub-tab.  If you have any question about buying items from our Facebook Store please send us a Facebook Personal Message or call the office at (657) 221-0432.

To order a subscription to BCM so you don’t miss a single issue of the only magazine written by bus nuts for bus nuts, you can also do so from our Facebook Store.

Please support our advertisers, as they support the magazine you have come to enjoy for the past 24 years.  They also support our very active Forum and now our Facebook Page.  Be sure to tell them that you saw their ad in Bus Conversion Magazine.

Gary Hatt – Publisher:  Gary@BusConversions.com
Phil Lyons – Forum Admin:  ForumAdmin@BusConversions.com
Linda Sohn - Subscriptions and Accounting: Linda@BusConversions.com
Mike Sullivan – Webmaster:  Webmaster@BusConversions.com
Mike Sullivan – Editor:  Editor@BusConversions.com

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 08:21:18 AM by Gary Hatt - Publisher BCM » Logged

1983 MCI-MC9
1967 Eagle with 12" Roof Raise
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: