Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 07:58:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How are propane boilers supposedly so efficient?  (Read 4691 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2010, 04:33:22 PM »

Nick....Nick??....NICK!!

You awake yet?  LOL.  Wheres the beef, Nick?LOL  Weigh in on this, will ya?

John Grin Grin Grin

Hi John,
I started having some serious issues with our foster daughter over the weekend and
I am very sorry for not having the right mind frame to properly answer your questions..
I think I need a good nights sleep soon....
Sean has answered just about all I would be able to supply you guy's...
Thanks
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2010, 05:54:11 PM »

Clifford says his propane boiler takes far less fuel than a diesel boiler to produce the same amount of heat.  Considering physics, how is this possible?  Diesel has more BTUs per gallon than propane.  Are diesel boilers that inefficient?

It may be a moot point as I can't find anyone selling a propane boiler for an RV.  The Primus system seems to be mostly sold in Europe.

The modern gas systems are running exhaust temps so low that they can be connected to the plastic drain vent pipes in houses. This low temp means that more BTUs are going into the medium to be heated be it water or air therefore higher efficiency. Diesel systems can't match this because they must keep the exhaust temp high enough to keep the particulate matter from sticking to the exhaust surface which would plug the exhaust in short order.
Brassman

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 10:16:36 PM »

In my experience with oil-fired boilers, the exhaust temp. was kept above 240 degrees F because of water condensation. Not that water is bad, but sulfur and water are. It seems that with ULSD exaust temps could go down on a diesel fired unit (& efficeincy would go up). 
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2010, 02:12:28 AM »

Nick - Not piling on - but now is the time you need to avail yourself of some "family" counseling - remember it wasn't 'if' but 'when' you would need it - just part of the transition - don't get weak - hopefully she's just testing you - if you were in her shoes you'd probably want to know who's on your side - we all know YOU ARE - just make sure SHE KNOWS - Got my fingers crossed and my money is on you - Pulling for you and yours -

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: