Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 19, 2017, 10:04:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at (657) 221-0432 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: stabilizing an engine on wood blocks in shop  (Read 3124 times)
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 08:07:29 AM »

So many good idea's and photo's........I'll add mine this one was made by Jasper Engines.....i paid 200 bucks for it......and its adjustable.....!  These darn engines weight enough to crush you and ruin your day.......make something that won't kill you!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 08:33:27 AM by muddog16 » Logged

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 11:02:25 AM »

Muddog
How do you like the 8v92 and the 754 powertrain?
Is your Allison a 2nd gear start?
That will be my new combo and I was wondering how they work together.
Thanks for the pics.
Rick

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 04:47:24 AM »

Rick, since being remanufactured by Jasper it has sat in the shop being rotated once a month.....maybe this spring if it warms up......it may be installed.....i have a few items left to work out.......dual oil cooler, and power steering pump mounting.   Other than those two issues.....its finished and coupled up to the transmission....sitting there waiting on me to finish it.......I'm pretty slow! Roll Eyes Since Thanksgiving I haven't worked on the bus......its just to busy of a time! The bus keeps getting shifted to the back burner!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:04:56 AM by muddog16 » Logged

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: