Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 17, 2014, 10:38:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BRRRRR!  (Read 4605 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2010, 02:08:31 PM »

OK Jack,

Its hasn't gone past 35* so far here today....and we are only 3 hours North....

I am covering up the words "sunshine state" on my license until better weather.  Lips Sealed

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 02:27:14 PM »

Guys,  We are not having very good weather either.  Shocked  We have Small Craft Warnings posted.  Really messing with my scuba diving this weekend.   Wink    Water temp. 81F,  Air 85F..... Grin  Wind 25mph.   Sad

Sorry,,,  Cheesy

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 02:49:43 PM »

O.K. Apparently there are some pretty wimpy busnuts on board.  I have spent the last 2 days replacing 3 skylights, three floors up on a windswept roof, drinking hot water to keep warm and hydrated, average temp 19F.  Next week I'm installing some custom carriage house doors where the wood needs to fitted into a steel frames the forecast says 7.  
  What I really want to point out is the pleasure I feel at the end of the day, warm at home with my family, there's something extra comfy about it all after being outside in the cold all ( really only half) the day.  I can only liken it to pleasure of getting back out on the highway after a breakdown of some sort where one's cleverness/dumb luck/perseverance  and perhaps the kindness/helpful advice  of a stranger or two has altered one's pace for an hour or a day or two  and now we're on our way again.  
  So for all of you ____________ where  it's 38 out, I guess it's time cuddle up around your monitors basking in the warm glow of satisfaction knowing things could be worse. Smiley
BTW after writing the last line I had to laugh out loudas it sure does get worse sometimes, i.e. right now I have 4 down with the flue the 3 kids and Jenn, it's a regular vomitorium, who knew an eight month old baby could spew so much soooooooo far.  
Yeeee Haw let the good times roll, the only reason I have time to write this is thanks to a grandma taking 2 and the other two have passed out moaning in their beds...oh and the clincher is it's my birthday today.  
  Gotta go, time to load the dryer with sheets.
  Seems a little off topic, but to the powers that be, and in my only chance to be irresponsible today, the other  guys started it. Grin

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 03:12:02 PM »

Well Zubzub,
No offense, but it's you who chose to live in the frozen tundra where you only get a month of summer and 11 months of winter! I lived in Fargo, ND where we had 3 months of summer and 9 months of winter and after 2 yrs if that crap I got the heck out and moved back south (sorta) I went to the Tulsa, OK area for about 2 yrs and then came back home to TN where a phone call to god is still a local call!  Wink

By the way HAPPY Birthday.
(by the way you is a better Eskimo than I iz! Grin)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »

Hey BK no offense taken and I'm not complaining, just feel bad for all the southerners lacking drama with the ho hum sunny days.  BTW summer here is not 1 month but five whole weeks (sometimes) but always 11.5 months of cold/cool nights.  Also please note I will end up south once the kiddies are a little older, we share some of them with exes who don't live in texas so there are a few more cold winters in my future.

John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 07:58:28 PM »

Zub,

Happy birthday. You are right, things could get worse Wink. Try being in a van, loaded with ten people, 8 of whom are working on vomiting up everything they have eaten for the last couple of weeks, and driving because you had to be somewhere on a schedule...those were the good old days Smiley.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 09:42:05 PM »

Last year summer came early here, it was on a tuesday I think and lasted almost to the weekend.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 11:15:04 PM »

A friend of mine winters in Orlando and the temps have been frigid for that area.  He has had to cover his plants and leave his pool pump running at night.  I heard they were supposed to get a hard freeze sometime in the last few days.

It is supposed to get up to 16 degrees here tomorrow (heat wave) so I'll try to thaw the door to my bus so I can get in it again.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2010, 06:27:11 AM »

Shocked
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 08:22:48 AM by muddog16 » Logged

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2010, 06:32:01 AM »

IT'S SO COLD OUT I SAW A ___________ WITH HIS HANDS IN HIS OWN POCKET!

I got a kick out of that one, very funny. Too bad it won't last long! Grin

Paul
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:15:53 AM by HighTechRedneck » Logged

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2010, 07:27:31 AM »

Yup..... i am one of those wimpy busnuts! Grin  I don't like to go out and work on the bus unless it is at least 60 degrees out, and i would prefer it to be 70!  On the other hand 90 degrees doesn't bother me at all but a lot of people i know turn on the AC if it is over 70 and complain of being too hot. Huh  I guess there are winter wimps and summer wimps. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
mikelutestanski

Mikes Metal Mistress

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 08:10:31 AM »

Hello:    new low in Dunnellon FL this Am  7:30 it was 18 behind the house.  Once the sun comes up it warms up a bit   At 11:00am it is 46 in the sun and 36 in the shade.  THese old bones are not happy. 
    We came from lake ontario area so one would think we are used to it ..  WRONG.   now the body systems are changed over to cooling mode trying to keep us cool during the summer.  SO the old winter insulated work coverall with sweats and long johns are now in use   bah humbug...

ANyway just an old goat blowing steam wishing for more btus..
   FWIW 
    Regards and happy bussin    mike

Mike Lutestanski   Dunnellon Florida
  1972 MCI 7
  L10 Cummins  B400R  4.625R
WVA_NATIVE

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2010, 02:40:36 PM »

Well guy's it was -9 yesterday morning and -12 this morning and if I could ship, send, box or voodoo this friggin weather to anyone it would be gone. I am on three blood thinners and this cold is going straight through me. Or if BK wants to buy it I'll take a little cash for it.

WVaNative
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2010, 03:07:22 PM »

Cold enough here to take my son on his first sledding trip on the family's 76 year old toboggan!  Great time! 

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 05:56:07 PM »

Well warmer weather is on the way. It finally got into the mid 40's today after what seems like weeks of almost 0's for the highs. The forecast looks for more normal temps for awhile.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: