Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 04:53:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Isle width question?  (Read 4585 times)
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2010, 05:58:13 PM »

I have spent much of my weekend modifying or changing the drawings of my bus. I like an open feel to the interior but am having a little difficulty with isle width in regards to my dining booth and counter.

My question: Is there a minimum standard width in an isle? I was at a Monaco dealer several months ago and he mentioned 26". I want it as open and as wide as possible for moving around but some things would have to be changed. At this point I have 21" between my booth and kitchen counter which is not enough for me. So I will be making some changes.

Any codes?

Thanks,
Bryan
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 06:06:45 PM »

Ours is 3 feet wide. Our old couches allowed a 2 foot walkway, which was too small. The 3 feet is a good width.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 06:07:46 PM »

My clearance from dinette to counter top is about 26, an arbitrary number that felt comfortable for my behind.  Do what feels right to you, no codes I've ever heard mentioned here.

David
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 06:18:41 PM »

I liked the idea of having a bit of an "L" or "U" shaped counter but with the placement of the booth it hinders that. The only real choice I see is to make my counter more straight and that would give me 35" vs. 21". You can see the interior in the sketchup drawing I posted earlier today. Some things are a little tougher than others to put together the way you want with the space you have  Roll Eyes

At least I have all this cold weather to keep me inside to play with it  Grin

Bryan
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 06:34:56 PM »

After 20 years of having a booth we changed to a small table and two chairs. What a difference. So much room now. The booth was uncomfortable and took up so much space. Other than that it was perfect.

Fred Mc.
RichardEntrekin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 06:37:35 PM »

Marathon does a floor plan I REALLY like with a L shaped dinette. They mount the table top on a slide that will also turn.

So that when you are not occupying the booth, the table pushes in towards the seats and gives a ton of aisle and kitchen space, and when you are eating the table moves to give you space.

The point is that mounting the table surface on a slide and turntable gives you the best of both worlds. I looked underneath and they use a simple hand screw to lock it down in whatever the desired position.

I looked at it REAL close, and I can draw you a sketch if you would like.

Richard Entrekin
95 Newell, Detroit S 60
Subaru Outback toad
Huntington WV

Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 06:47:21 PM »

Fred,

I originally had a bar with an overhang and two chairs. But with a 14 & 12 year old still at home I thought the booth would be more advantageous. I also like having the booth for when you want a place to enjoy a cup of coffee with friends Grin The table and two chairs would be fine if it were just the wife and I but kids can get messy to and I have younger nephews I would not dare let eat on the sofa  Roll Eyes

Richard,

Is it on a website?

Thanks,

Bryan
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 06:59:54 PM »

102" wide bus. 2.25" insulation with 1/4" plywood over= 97" interior width. Minus 24" kitchen counter top width, minus 42" wide dinette=31" space between which is enough for two people to pass.  Good luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »

On seated coaches the law is 26" isle. But it's your coach now, do it yer way!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
CAROLINABOY

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 07:33:55 PM »

just remember to take in consideration the refer measurements, so you wnat have to much trouble if you have to replace it.

servant for JESUS CHRIST
cody

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 07:57:02 PM »

Mostly we went with a 42 inch booth that becomes a wide single bed, the seats are attached to a 36 inch pedestal that serves as storage and also has a nightlight under it that lights up the floor, also wired for internet and outlets, it gives us a 36 inch isle that can be wider if needed, you flip the table, pull a pin and the seats swing to the side allowing the refrigerator to move past it if needed.
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 08:08:20 PM »

Cody,

Do you have a raised roof? It may be just the angle of the picture but it looks taller than normal.

Bryan
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 08:13:11 PM »

Anyone else have any pictures they want to share of dining and counter?  Grin

Thanks,
Bryan
cody

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 08:25:48 PM »

No raised roof, just the way the picture worked out I guess, we have about a 75 inch ceiling height. A couple of pics for ideas.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 08:26:40 PM »

On seated coaches the law is 26" isle. But it's your coach now, do it yer way!

26" really?  For my first real trip in the bus I kept two of the original bus seats up front side by side.  That aisle sure felt narrow!  The second trip I removed the bus seat on one side and installed a captain's chair.  Much nicer with more room now.

I lost one seat, but there is still seating for 10 plus the driver.  If there are 8 or 9 people are all sitting up front it gets pretty tight.  Usually a few are sleeping in bunks so it isn't as bad.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: