Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 23, 2017, 11:43:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm looking for a power steering pump mount!  (Read 1461 times)
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2010, 07:56:02 AM »

I've been searching for this Detroit Diesel part, I have the drawing and number!  This reduction drive for a hydralic steering pump is in group 12.5025.  the housing is DD part number 5124135.  This is where the DD guys come in!

Can this mount, be mounted with the reduction drive in the "UP" postition on the back of the 8V92TA?  This mounts to accessory drive position number 3.  More information:  in drive position number 1 is my compressor, in drive position number 2 is my delco DN50 generator.  

In the two drawings below, the first is the reduction housing at the bottom of the page. (thanks Powerline components for the use of the drawing).  As you can see it is offset in the down postion.  If its possible for me to mount this with the offset in the up position I can install my power steering pump and not be blocked by my air compressor in the number 1 accessory drive position.  And will also clear the mount for the delco DN50 in the accessory drive position number 2.

Clear as mud?.........OK........I'll continue......if this is possible I will not have to remove the engine block plate between the back of the block and the accessory drive housing to install the drive plate for accessory drive position number 4.   Which my engine does not have.....one of my failures was to not notice that this drive position number 4 was not on my engine..............at the time of the rebuild!

Drive number 4 was for my power steering pump!   If all of this is possible I'd like either Clifford or Don to chime in or anyone else that might know!   I know if this is possible it will change to rotation of my power steering pump from counterclockwise to clockwise rotation!  And...........I will need the new plates for the power steering pump for cw rotation!   Whew!!!!

I sure could use some expert help!   LIKE the destination sign in the shop says,  "I'm Lost"

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:00:20 AM by muddog16 » Logged

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Kentucky Steve

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 01:24:41 PM »

Bump.....
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 03:11:26 PM »

Muddog, Any luck with this. Sorry I can't help.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 03:48:19 PM »

Steve I haven't forgot you still doing a little research for you on a 8v92 I have here   

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: