Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 08:11:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: butt hut?  (Read 3836 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2010, 04:48:54 PM »

for those that have their toilet in a separate little enclosed room (butt hut) would you do it again? planning next conversion....what size 3ft by 4 ft?.....yes I am 220 lb wide load Grin

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 04:54:43 PM »

for those that have their toilet in a separate little enclosed room (butt hut) would you do it again? planning next conversion....what size 3ft by 4 ft?.....yes I am 220 lb wide load Grin

You don't do this in a house, why do it in a coach?

The corridor to my bedroom runs along the right side of the coach, giving me a 6' x 7' bath instead of a phone-booth-with-flush
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 05:43:41 PM »

Yes we had a separate room for the head. It is very small, the size of a phone booth Grin. And yes we do have that set up at two of our bath's at the house. All the rest, at the house, are the standard way.

Once again, yes, we would certainly do it that way again. It is great. The shower, and head room fit in 6' 3" of space. Yes the head room is tight, but hey, how much time are you planning on spending in there?

My final word? Go for it. We have really liked our setup.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 06:29:15 PM »

How about a little slide out Bob? Cheesy Cheesy Wink Actually my john is not in a seperate room. It's part of the bedroom. One can close off the divider to the front of the bus for privacy.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 06:37:58 PM »

good plan if you can do it, make sure you have elbow room for the reach around.  Also BCM rack above splashline Cheesy

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 06:39:26 PM »

Here's a shot of our's  It work's well for us . I like the seperate bath . FWIW

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »

All a matter of preferences.  I prefer the toilet being in a separate room.  That way it is available even if someone else is taking a shower.  I believe those that go for a separate enclosure usually loose less space to the bathroom facilities.  Ours is a 35 footer.  I have noticed that some 40's do not seem to have much more interior space than we do.  One reason is often a larger bathroom. 

You don't have to believe everything you think.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 08:15:49 PM »

good come back guys...leaning toward it....thank you..

BUR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 08:24:51 PM »

That is one thing I new I wanted when I started the conversion. I have a separate room, approximately 2.5'x4' with the pot sitting in one corner at a angle. I am a reader and have plenty of room. If I was doing it again I wouldn't change a thing.      BUR

1980 Prevost   8V71TA  6 speed stick
Homebase   Kelso, Washington
Coming to a city near you      "Fulltiming"
Winter months   Yuma AZ
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 08:55:43 PM »

Most houses don't have the toilet and shower in seperate rooms so why do it in a bus?  I suppose in a house you often have a second bathroom available if someone is showering.

There is a tred in some of the larger S&S motorhomes to have two bathrooms, or at least two toilets.  It seems a waste of space to me.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
gus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 09:12:11 PM »

Our toilet, shower and wash basin are all in separate locations. I wouldn't want it any other way.

The toilet is next to the shower/tub and the basin is across the hall next to the bedroom.

This allows three people to use them instead of being jammed into one of those little cubby holes that barely hold two. That is the craziest thing I ever saw.

Since you're doing it you can make it any size you want, you will regret making it too small. Bigger is better.

Ours has a simple folding door, works great.

It doesn't matter what homes or SS or others have, make it the way you want it. Who needs to be like all the others??

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Nellie Wilson

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 12:21:39 AM »

I'll just throw my 2 cents in, FWIW.

Only have 35' so went with a big fat shower and separate toilet room. And ditched the vanity & bathroom sink completely. Put a medicine cabinet  (nice looking wood with mirror ) over the kitchen sink, which does double duty.

Probably no good with kids aboard, but works for me (I seldom brush my teeth when doing dishes).

Nellie Wilson

Had to change a tire... Angry  got to put it on backward... Undecided  still trying to fix it on photoshop... Huh Roll Eyes Huh
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 05:18:37 AM »

this is a X entertainer coach and one of the things left in bus is the Butt Hutt with a minature sink and cabinets pretty neat looking...thinking about moving back to be infront of bedroom on curb side and putting a dressing vanity with sink on drivers side.. shower  placement to be determined...102 wide with raised roof so shower could go on outside wall..I think this will be the last one...so want to get it right! I'm in no hurry as I have coach to use now..thanks again.....will be other questions to be discussed on what works and doesn't

Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 05:58:37 AM »

I liked the idea of having a large bathroom with the john as part of it so getting dressed after a shower I could use it for a stool to set on. I , like someone else put a hallway on the side to accomplish this . Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 08:13:54 AM »

Bob,
I especially liked the idea of a slide "to expand the space when needed!" Wink.

Also remember like you mentioned it's 102" wide and on top of that 45' long so you have an extra 5-10' more than most to play with. Just be sure to make it large enough for the BCM rack! Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: