Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 12:27:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: butt hut?  (Read 3804 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 08:58:58 AM »

Then again, you can make the bathroom a single large space so you can put the Bowflex in there too.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 10:48:14 AM »

I am still wowed by the walkthru.  Done right it is the most efficient in space utilization.  I look at the side isle configs and they miss the 8 to 10 feet of storage/cupboards/washer.  All the floor space in the walk thru seems to do double duty.

If I were doing a coach smaller than 40 foot I would use the arrangement found in the old Huh?, forgot the name, looked like a old Winnie but more BLUNT and Neanderthal. They put the toilet in the shower and it functioned as a shower "stool" as well as a Stool.  Toilets are water proof, did ya know?  In  their config there was a small sink and cupboard under that was all waterproof.  They packed the entire bath into a very very small foot print and had a exhaust fan to do double duty.  No shower curtain or shower door needed as the entry door was the privacy.  Rest assured that NO ONE could use the stool while another was showering with there being a fight so you all had to cooperate.  For one person?Huh  I am with Nellie....I would plan in the kitchen sink to do double duty and gain storage or Huh  And I have never thought about brushing my teeth whilst doing dishes. let alone tried it.  Good point tho.  AND there has to be a FAN incorporated into the design.  No potty in the bedroom for me but to each his own.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 02:46:08 PM »

If I were doing a coach smaller than 40 foot I would use the arrangement found in the old Huh?, forgot the name, looked like a old Winnie but more BLUNT and Neanderthal.

John-

My guess is the Clark Cortez, it fits your description better:

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 03:39:16 PM »

To each their own. It depends on so many variables such as how many people on board, how well these people know each other, length of trips, daily activitie schedules, etc.  Our coacg has an offset center aisle walk through batchroom with a door at each end (bedroom door has rarely been closed). In the bathroom area are the shower (with glass door and one glass wall, vanity/sink, toilet. and all closets (18" linen and 8' of clothes).  This plan works for us, but may not work for you. We designed our coach for cocktails for 6, dinner for 4 and sleeps 2.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »

Wet bathes are used in many smal RVs.  I think it would suck to have your toilet wet several hours a day or have to dry it every time you shower.

Personally, I think you would have to be pretty cramped for space to consider one of these in a 35 foot or longer bus.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 06:04:15 PM »

Jack,

Do you have any pictures of it?

Thanks,
Bryan
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 07:12:35 PM »

We once had a 24 foot Pace Arrow that had the toilet in the shower.  Yes, it is a very efficient use of space.  However, although I am for taking up a minimum of space for the bathroom since one does not really spend that much time there, I think that configuration is unnecessary in a 35' + bus.  It is usable, but somewhat cramped and unpleasant.  Actually, it is not so bad for use of the toilet, but really does kill taking a comfortable shower.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 08:18:54 PM »

RJ,

The Cortez was an excellent guess and does generally meet my description.....but!  This one looked like a Winnie in every respect except the front.  Where the Winnie has two flat panel windshields that come together at an angle....the other has two flat panels and the windscreen is flat across the front.  Where the Winnie has those aerodynamic front roof edge arrangements......the other simply rolls the roof edge over towards the front and terminates at the top of the windshields..COMMANDER that was it.  Best laid out coach I ever saw and was the most efficient at space utilization in its day.  Two cutting boards in the kitchen standard...WOW.  Bed was crosswise in the one I looked at.  Stopped making them in the late seventies or so.

John

pics at   http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/rvs/1533252047.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:21:32 PM by JohnEd » Logged

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 04:44:01 AM »

Bryan,
    Here are a couple photos.  The vanity and toilet are across the aisle from the closets. The toilet and linen closet are to the right of the vanity. When sitting on the toilet you are facing the shower.  I will try to get a couple better photos later today.  The closet photo was taken before the tile floor was installed.  Jack
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:46:10 AM by JackConrad » Logged

bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 06:07:25 AM »

My layout is identical to Jack's, walkthough, two doors, closets on passenger side, toilet, vanity, shower on drivers side.  Black tank is directly below the units.  Easy as anything can be.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 07:00:20 AM »

Jack,

Looks like a simple approach  Grin

Thanks for the photos,

Bryan
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 08:42:14 AM »

I went with the separate toilet/sink and shower for several reasons.

1) I wanted front to rear access while under way even if the toilet was in use

2) I wanted a contained area that would allow efficient vapor trail removal, if you know what I mean

3) My phase 1 layout (bunks) was with the intent of carrying 6 to 12 people so access becomes a real issue with the higher number of people

4) My phase 2 layout will have a much bigger bathroom and a full sized bedroom which will be more comfortable and more convenient

For me, the driver of the decision is the intended use and the access needed as a result of the use.

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 11:42:11 AM »

I went with the separate toilet/sink and shower for several reasons.

1) I wanted front to rear access while under way even if the toilet was in use

2) I wanted a contained area that would allow efficient vapor trail removal, if you know what I mean

For me, the driver of the decision is the intended use and the access needed as a result of the use.

Me Too!

We travel with a minimum of 4, so all the reasons Greg stated apply to our gang.

I am so glad that we tried out this layout as it works PERFECT for US.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 01:14:09 PM »

Jack,

That is some beautiful work and I like the layout.  Never saw that before.

John

—Pla
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 10:37:44 AM »

Here are the updated photos I promised

Linen closet, toilet and sliding door (with mirror on it)

Shower & vanity

Closets, Microwave and pantry in foreground.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: