Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 05:13:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V730 pressure checks  (Read 781 times)
olebusman

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »

Hello all!!  Need some help. Does anyone have,or know where to find, a pressure test procedure for the V730D tranny? I just installed mine with a 6V92TA engine and a Teal o-drive setup. It come out of a 82 Flex transit. Engine had a loose gear on a cam. It jumped time and broke the valves and pushed through the head. Well a rebuild later and the input shaft for the o-drive, welded at a shop-I could have done better with jb weld, broke so pull the tranny out.  OK fixed again. Now after about 200 miles it goes about 40 miles then when it shifts down to second it won't go back into drive and stay there. I can shift back and forth 2nd to 3rd and sometimes it will go back in to drive. Using 30 weight delo 400 oil and all cooler and filter lines are the same size as on the flex. It don't feel as if it is slipping but it feels like the converter stall speed is high, don't know what that should be either. Open to all suggestions. It is full of oil and the temp runs about 160 in the pan and 210 converter out. By the way the Teal o-drive is so nice. Thanks  olebusman 
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 08:35:27 PM »

I can get them by Sat. if no one else has before then. I have a V730 manual. Where does one find info on the Teal o-drive? I am interested.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
olebusman

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 06:05:49 PM »

Do a search Bill Teal is the gentlemans name. It uses parts from a VS-6 and a VS-8 planetary setup between the engine and the tranny. In a 4106 the Allison needs a spacer between engine and tranny so there is room for it. I have the directions to do the mod. but it would not be fair to Bill for me to post them.  olebusman
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: