Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 12:30:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: window coverings  (Read 989 times)
ruthi

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2010, 06:30:17 AM »

We are going to have the automated window shade on the windshield, but are wondering what we are going to use on the drivers window and door windows. The dina has the air door, so it is a bit of a challenge. We may eventually do something different with it, but for now, it is what we have. We relocate every day or two, so the coverings need to be something simple, but something that looks nice. There are only two large original windows up front, havent decided what to do with them yet either. Thought about the automated covers, but would really like something that looks a little nicer. Any suggestions?

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »

we used roman shades and really like them...on entrance door mounted above door frame and just let it down at night...they colapse down to about 9 inches when up..

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 03:31:13 PM »

Ruthi, try these guys www.justblinds.com they may could build something for you and on the big windows cellular is the best way to go we have the day/nite and I would not go with those again.

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 05:44:46 PM »

Ruthi,

I work for Pella windows. We have a shade called a room darkening shade that is cellular fabric shade and it is great for darkening the room. It has 3 layers of fabric. I could check on it if you like. It may be the same type shade that Clifford was recommending as I am sure the same supplier sells to others.

Bryan
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 05:38:30 AM »

thanks yall. Bryan, we have those shades in our current bus. They have worked well, but I dont see them working on the door and driver areas. The biggest problem is the strange shapes.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 05:44:18 AM »

Ruthi, give MCI a call I know they made shades that ran on a rail for the doors,windshields and side windows for MCI's they may have a set for a Dina. 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: