Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 11:03:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Made it to Quartzsite in our "new to us" Beaver Prevost conversion, YIPPEE  (Read 5301 times)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2010, 07:22:32 PM »

Well, glory be, we MADE IT TO QUARTZSITE IN ONE PIECE!  Cheesy Yee Haw.  First time Quartzsiters. . newbees. ..  .you name it, that's us.  We got in at 2:00 a.m. this morn, slept for a few hours and then hit the streets for a few.  AHHHHHH, it's so nice to be out of that crap cold weather in Oklahoma! Grin Grin Grin

Before we left, I called my brother, who is an ex-trucker, current charter driver, and asked him about any large hills/small mountains between OKC and Flagstaff, but neglected to ask about between Flagstaff and Phoenix, ha ha, so a few good steep climbs followed by a few steeeeeeeeeeep downhills gave the ole bus a good workout. . . and doing it in the dark gave Larry a good workout too, ha ha.  We made it in one piece and are going to enjoy absorbing the whole atmosphere. . . we're open to any suggestions of places to go, things to do, people to see! 

Oh, yeah, BTW, we bought yet ANOTHER bus conversion. . .crap. .. anyone want to buy a bus  Huh. . . . a shell  Roll Eyes. . . a "TempBus"  Roll Eyes. . . a started MCI-9 conversion?Huh  Roll Eyes hahaha.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Ray D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 07:39:36 PM »

Sounds like you are on top of the world, I'm envious, ours is not ready yet.

Enjoy...
Ray D
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:01:04 PM »

So what's the deal?  You didn't come to see us.  Mark & Donna (Stormcloud) and the frenchy-bus are just south of Plomosa road, 2nd dirt trail past mile marker 1.  Michael & Christi are supposed to be here too but they haven't found us yet either.  33.76 x 114.18 GPS if that helps.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:27:59 PM »

Christy,

I had no idea that you guys got a new bus. You got pics?

Also, what about pics of all of your other buses...lol

Glad you made it safely. Try to have a little fun while you are there Grin.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 08:30:44 PM »

hahahaha, well, that was all Greek to me!  Course, we got in at 2:00 a.m. this morn, so haven't had much time to scope things out. . . by 2:00 in the morn, pretty much I'm focused  on one thing only. . . park that sucker and let's go to sleep!

I seriously wondered whether Larry, focused on staying in our lane on a dark highway, would even notice if I rocked my co-pilot seat back and extended the foot rest, sneaking a few short winks! Wink Wink  We had hoped to stay at the Flying J in Phoeix after filling, but unfortunately, there was no room at the inn, so Larry said, "Get me some coffee, we're going on to Quartzsite". . . and away we went.  

I got him some God-awful pizza from inside the store, Tongue (only because it looked like it had been there at least an hour or two less time than everything else they offered Wink), nuked it a little extra in the micro/convection oven, figuring that it might zap at least a small percentage of the thousands of live bacterium that thought they had finally found a permanent residence, whacked it up into finger-food sized bites and figured that the cramps from the attempted food poisening would help keep him alert as he chewed up those last 120 miles.  Shocked

I kind of know were we are,  Huh sort of. . . across from Gamblers RV, in a gravel lot by the "parking $7 per night" sign. . . north side of the road I guess, black, grey, and silver Prevost conversion with a "used to be white but now matches the black bus", "carbon-blacked" Jeep.  Anyone and everyone is welcome to stop and share a seat and a beer (or soda or water or whatever your poisen) and we'll try to connect with a few people once we get settled in a little better.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »

I see how ya are! You guys are going to miss all the fun of building one! Roll Eyes

Send me an email on the Temp Bus, I have a friend looking.

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »

I had no idea that you guys got a new bus. You got pics?. . .Also, what about pics of all of your other buses...lol

HA HA HA, no, I know, pretty much NO ONE knew we bought that bus!  We kept it a secret so we could surprise some friends who were expecting us here in Quartzsite.  You do not KNOW how hard it was to keep my mouth shut and not get on here and tell everyone!

There always will be a part of me that will be disappointed that I didn't get the opportunity to convert BigBus, but the facts were as they were. . . the bus was beautiful, low miles, had EVERYTHING we wanted on one, and although it wasn't EXACTLY the same floor plan I had designed (and designed, and designed, and designed again), it was close enough for me to know I'd be very comfortable inside it.  The thing was for sale pretty much in our back yard, and due to the seller's current situation, miraculously priced close enough to what we could afford that we were able to come to terms.  That, coupled with the demands of the business, a fair amount of trim work I still need to finish on our home, and the slightly disappointing results from my hand surgeries, well, the reality was that we'd have been fools to pass this one up.

I will list the empty shell, the started conversion, and TempBus, our much-loved 4107 factory conversion, for sale this Spring, but for now, we're going to enjoy Quartzsite, the wonderful lack of snow down here, the opportunity to meet some people who previously have only existed as "names of people on the board", and just the fun of exploring a "new to us" coach.  Have a little fun?  We've bene here less than 24 hrs and have already had a LOT of fun!  We'll be here for a couple of weeks if things go our way. . i.e., if Becky, my office girl, doesn't burn out or flare out or something, ha ha.  I'll try to post a couple of pics of the new toy tomorrow, but to be honest, I've had about 15 hours of sleep over the last four days, so I need to hit the shower and rack.  I'm hoping at least a few fellow-busnuts will look us up, track us down, or at least stumble gently across us!  Christy hicks

Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 09:01:46 PM »

I see how ya are! You guys are going to miss all the fun of building one! Send me an email on the Temp Bus, I have a friend looking.

I'll try to get something to you soon Paul.  It looks better than it did last time you saw it, as we had just replaced the drivers and co-pilot's seats before we, who were SO NOT LOOKING FOR ANOTHER BUS, stumbled across this Prevost.  We never even took a trip in them, and only sat on the leather couch on one or two trips!  I actually sat in the co-pilot's seat once, to say, "ohhhhh, these are going to be GREAT!", and that's it! Cheesy

TempBus has been a loyal coach and friend, so it was a little sad to back him back into his spot in the garage and drive away, eaving him behind.  We had a lot of fun and adventures and put a lot of love and "fixing up" into him, so he'll make a good coach for someone. 

Yeah, crazy as it sounds, I actually really enjoyed designing and installing the a/c units and I had insulated every nook and cranny in the floor and walls on Bigbus and had JUST FINALLY gotten Larry to drive it down into the back yard by my shop so that I could start pulling down ceiling panels to insulate the ceiling.  I spent so much time drawing out the floor plan and then mocking it up to make sure it'd work, and I relished the challenge of fitting as much storage as possible into my design. 

Unfortuately, it appears that the damage I had done to my wrist when I shattered it many years ago was more extensive than anyone realized, and some tendons I was supposed to have were no longer there, so the carpal surgery on that hand was pretty much  ineffective and I've been plagued with numbness since the surgery this spring.  The demands of getting after that conversion hot and heavy probably would have made things even worse.  Adding in Larry's back issues this last year and we just decided that we'd be fools to pass up a beautiful, low mileage coach at a great price.  We've not traveled as much as we would have liked to these last couple of years and this trip alone showed us that it was the right decision for us.  We're here in Quartzsite having fun, instead of freezing our butts off and then working them off creating something that would cost us almost as much and be worth a quarter of what this one is.  Having said that, yes, I still have a little regret. Cheesy Grin  Christy

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 05:35:26 AM »

You guys have fun!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

I'm not going to be able to make the trip this year! Cry

My Web classes are going pretty hot and heavy and I don't want to disturb my train of thought! I need all the help I can get, if you know what I mean! Roll Eyes

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 06:27:15 AM »

Christy, sounds like you guys have made the right decision. Enjoy your time away, as well as enjoy time to kick back and relax. Our cruise did that for us, although I am now stuck at home with the flu. You dont realize how much you need a break until you do it, and then you wonder why you waited so long.  ???Have fun for us all!

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 06:51:46 AM »

Thanks Ruthi. . . . I guess I'll just have to buckle down and have LOTS of fun for everyone who can't be here Cheesy. . .  it's a tough job but I'll just have to put in EXTRA effort and do my share for the good of busnuts EVERYWHERE! Grin

Paul, I'm really disappointed that you won't be here!  I thought you and Sonny might be coming down Cry.  Well, I guess you'd better go ahead and concentrate on your studies. . .been there, done that. . . . .. .  . then my furnace broke and I met this GORGEOUS hvac guy and . . . well, guess the rest is history. Wink

I'm going to try to find out more about the rally that's coming up. . . . we weren't sure that we'd be down here in time, but then we just put the fire to it and decided, "First time taking a new coach out and we take it 1/2 way across the country???  Not knowing anything much about it?Huh  Awwww, what the heck. . . let's head to Quartzsite and we'll just see what happens!!!!" Grin  Christy

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 06:56:24 AM »

Christy,  looks like we will head up there on tuesday. Hope to meet up with you so i can give you those 2 bottles from your home town.  Ed    1968 MCI 5A,   Shades of Blue,   "Footloose and Fancy Free"

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 07:00:44 AM »

'bout time you got up in town.  Coffee's on up here on Plomosa Road.  Come for a visit - you can likely just follow the sound of my Kubota - I'm sure you can hear it in town right now.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 07:01:21 AM »

Christy,we'll expect daily weather reports untill we all arrive, and don't forget the sun lotion, # 6 works well this time of year LOL, enjoy the warmth, the sun, and a couple of beach boys tunes to just warm those winter blues away.  Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool Cool
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 07:04:03 AM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 07:07:06 AM »

Christy, Sonnie will be in late Tue or early Wed , some of us will be at the east end of town on the south side of I 10 for a pre-rally, going to be home made fajitas on Wed you and Larry come out you too Bob but leave George at home to many coyotes in the area and as fat as he his they may enjoy him LOL.  

good luck
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 07:12:27 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 08:19:54 AM »

Does anyone know if there is internet service there(WI-FI)?

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 08:40:54 AM »

There is Van most of the people are good about unlocking their satilite and letting people use their service.
I always used Jim's he was good about unlocking his and if Allan is there this year you can tap his he lets everyone us it 

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 08:55:33 AM »

If you're on an aircard then there is good coverage all around Quartzsite.  I don't use wi-fi - I hardwired the frenchy-bus with Cat 5 plugs conveniently located.  However 2 of those conveniently located plugs are under my awning and you are welcome to use them.  We might even supply a beverage while you surf.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 09:00:03 AM »

Van, as you saw on the Eagle board, we will be there, but not with the bus.  As a result, we will not be able to have an internet connection that folks can share.

You will be at the mercy of someone who has an internet connection.  Most folks have good protection on their system, so you will not be able to connect without their help.

The big issue with sharing is that both internet cards, and satellite systems have a limit on how much you can use the system.  If you just surf, that is not a big issue.  However, if a person downloads much in the way of files on the satellite system, they shut you down to less than dial-up speeds.  We have 375 meg per 24 hours and that seems like a lot, but it all adds up quickly if you go to sights that download a lot of "overhead" and then download a file or two.  One of the biggest issues that folks have run into is the automatic update downloads that Microsoft has for all of their software.  Other software packages have updates that load automatically (Firefox, AVG, etc).  If a couple of folks have that happen, it just brings the system to a standstill.  

Never had a problem at a rally, but I think we are just plain lucky.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 09:06:18 AM »

Thanks guys! Jim I see your point, and not being all to savvy with computers, I never would have figured that one out, thanks Smiley,Bob, well one good drink ahh! turn, deserves another, we'll take ya up on that Grin Grin Grin

edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 11:33:23 AM »

Christy
Sounds like you guys came down
I17 from Flagtown.  Yes I-17 is scarry to a flat lander. We live in Cornville which is west on hwy 260. We have to climb those hills and come down them each time we leave town. We will be in Quartzsite on the 26th at the High Jolly campground on hwy 95 or is it 93, any way hope to meet up with you. We have a 73 MCI 7 blue.
O yes the weather we have had to endure in the mornings is 32 degrees and the afternoon in the 60s rough life.
ED & Janet

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
beatsworkin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 12:20:09 PM »

Hey Christy & Larry

Whats this that you didn't have to go far for your new ride.  We had to go 2400 miles round trip for ours.  Can't wait to see it. 

Red  & Linda Ruby
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 12:46:05 PM »

looks like we will head up there on tuesday. . . .give you those 2 bottles from your home town.  Ed  

Well, Ed, we just KNEW we'd end up meeting somewhere along the road, didn't we!  That's awesome. . . except, it's kind of sad that now we won't hae a "quest" to meet up with each other "some day", ha ha.

Coffee's on up here on Plomosa Road.. .  I'm sure you can hear it in town right now.

One of these mornings we'll try to track you down and share a cup. . . you're safe on the noise. . .shoot. . . all that traffic, no one would ever notice!

we'll expect daily weather reports untill we all arrive
AHHHHHH, it's warm, sunny, and OH SO NICE here right now!  5 mph breeze.  We'll keep the weather just this way, JUST FOR YOU GUYS, ha ha.  

going to be home made fajitas on Wed you and Larry come out
Marking that on my calendar right now!  Missed you not being at TBR this year so will be good to see you again.

Ed & Jan, you're exactly right!  It was fine, just a little more interesting since it was dark, ha ha.  Hopefully we'll hope we can meet up. . . . we're parked right across the street from a bunch of Vendors at the Quartzite Market Place. . . black and silver Prevost, Beaver Conversion.  Basically, it's on the NE corner of Hwy 95 and Kuehn.  We're on the north side of the road, south side of the parking area, pretty much right up at the front, and our rig actually faces south.  There's an antique military collectibles booth right in front of us.  

We had to go 2400 miles round trip for ours.  Can't wait to see it.
Red, we'll be glad to see you guys again.  Actaully, it was about 1,200 miles here and will be at least that much, likely more, to get home, so that'll be a good workout for sure!  We would have liked to have taken a shakedown trip before heading off across the country, but oh well, that's the way it goes. 

Anyone is welcome to come and sit a spell and use our internet.  We have an air card and wireless router for it, . . .it is locked down, but we'll share the password if you bribe me with a Bud Light! Cheesy  As one would expect, we don't mind people checking e-mail, etc., but dowloading movies would be a no-no, ha ha.

larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 04:40:09 PM »

Well welcome to Qtown  it is now 5:38 and 66 degrees right now had a high of 71 today and with a few clouds blocking our usually beautiful sundowns. I have a Jam to attend in a hour but will try to locate you tomorrow or Sunday.

Larry in Quartzsite

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 08:09:05 PM »

Van, as you saw on the Eagle board, we will be there, but not with the bus.

Hey Jim. . . will you be set up selling???  I need a couple of sensors for the pressure pro. . .this rig has a tag so we're short two sensors. 

Larry, I'd love to meet you in the flesh. . .real life. ..  not as a disembodied voice on a board Wink Wink.  We're usually outside in the mornings and in the evenings. . . . enjoying coffee early and well, often a bud light late Grin.  Stop by and say hi if you can.  Heck, tomorrow night, we'll likely be changing the cooling unit on the fridge, so you might join us for a little cussin' and griping, ha ha.  Christy

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 04:50:25 AM »

Christy, we will not have a formal booth, but we would be glad to sell things Grin.  We will have the service truck, so you will be able to find us pretty easily.  We will also be a the rally most of the time.

I am scheduled to to a fire suppression demonstration for the Blue Bird folks on the 20th.  They have a very organized rally south of town.  They have lost three units to fire in recent times, so I suspect I will have good attendance.  Indeed, their whole day is devoted to safety related seminars.

Jim
Cell: three zero three 478-3501

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 04:26:11 PM »

Christy,

40 or 45? How about some pictures

John
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 07:43:32 PM »

John, don't you know that you should never ask a lady her age?  Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
John316

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 08:02:32 PM »

John, don't you know that you should never ask a lady her age?  Grin

Ed,

Wait just a second. Let me google that.....seems to be the general consensus is no...lol. But then again, Christy seems to be fairly easy going, so it might be okay Grin.

God  bless,

John

Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 10:55:33 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA, you guys crack me up! 

Actually, I'm SO close to 50 that I can see it on the horizon in front of me!!! Cheesy  Hopefully, with increased age comes wisdom. .  I know it brings cataracts, flab, and wrinkles, so hoping wisdom will soon follow Wink Grin.

Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 11:12:04 AM »

Christy;

Glad to here you guy's made it. I am not going to be there this year. I was with My wife in the hospital on Friday when I got a call from my mother in law's house keeper saying she had fallen off a ladder. I went up there to find her on the floor with a dislocated shoulder so I called  911 and got her to emergency where we spend most of the day. I got her and my wife to the mother in laws house. I have to go out of town today and will be back tomorrow late so I have some one to help out till I get back and I will be staying close to home for a wile. Sorry I will not be there I am going to miss everyone.

I was looking forward to meeting a lot of new people. Now I'm just down in the dumps

Have fun and stay dry.

Don
John316

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 11:25:31 AM »

Don,

I am so sorry to hear about that. That is really too bad. Keep on going, and "don't let the devil know you are down."

Praying for you...I know what kind of thing you are in...sorry you can't make it.

God bless,

John

Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »

Sorry to hear about that Don.  Seems when it rains it pours, doesn't it. . . .  .well, there's always next year.  We tentatively are going to try to do this again then too if the wind blows our way and WE don't have any major problems. . . . good luck.  Christy

edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 12:32:41 PM »

Christy
You ask if wisdom comes with age, I am well past 60 looking at 70 this year.  You are a youngsteer and as far as wisdom with age, you just bought another bus didn't you,  makes me wonder about all of us.  I would not do it any other way. Ups, I also ride ar Harley trike.  So much for my wisdom, just having a lot of fun. Will look you up in the Q on the 26 or 27th.
ED & Jannett

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 03:36:04 PM »

Ed, we'll be looking forward to meeting you & Jannett!  I like ANYONE who calls me a youngster, ha ha. 

I would like to clarify to everyone that there are actually TWO Beaver Prevost conversions in here. . .  ours is black/silver/gray, parked next to Bob Gilbert's red eagle, and Dick Egler is in his, parked a little to the east of us, also facing Kuehn Rd, and it is also black with some tan/gold in the paint job.  The BEAVER logo is more visible on the front of his, as he is not blocked by a vendor booth at this time.  If you turn into the entrance to Quartzsite market Place, if you turn right, you'll be heading to visit Dick, and if you turn left, you'll see our coach and white Jeep Grand Cherokee as you head towards the parking area for the bus rally. 

Buses just keep trickling in. . one after another.  I'm working today Cry trying to get our business paperwork done, so I just peer out the window longingly, enjoying an occasional visit from another nut, er, I mean BUSNUT.  Looking forward to any and all visits and will be roaming the buses soon! Grin  Christy Hicks

Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 03:46:13 PM »

Hi there youngster Grin Hope it is not to boring for you at this time , don't worry come Thursday... let the party begin  Grin Grin Grin Cheryl and I look forward to meeting you guys. Hang in there the cavalry is coming Wink

Van

Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »

HAHHAHAHA, just keep it coming Van!   Wink Wink

Bored?  HAH!  The only thing boring is having to do some business paperwork!  Hopefully, I'll be motivated enough to get the payroll done tonight, which relieves me of having to stop and do it on Wednesday or something! 

No, we don't worry so much about being bored, as we can ALWAYS find something to do, but on the other hand, we are REALLY looking forward to meeting everyone!

of course, it's about time I warn all Busnuts. . . it's kind of a bad thing Cry, but I have a mental impairment when it comes to faces and names Angry. . . i don't know what it is about me. ..  I'm great with phone numbers, addresses, jobs. . . technical type details. . . but I'm HORRIBLE at the abstract. . .faces, names to go with them. . .etc.  So, PLEASE do not be offended if I keep asking your name or meet you and then 15 mins later look at you in a confused daze, ha ha.  I worry because I'm going to meet so many people and I just KNOW I'm going to offend someone when i can't connect their name and face the next day or the day after. . .  and it's not that I don't WANT to, I just seem to have some type of face-blockage thing going on. Cry  I swear, if I didn't see Larry every single morning, I'd wonder who in the heck it was coming through the door that night! Cheesy Cheesy

I always thought that maybe this was why I could rip guts out of an electric furnace and wire it from scratch, but couldn't sketch a face to save my life.  I can tell you the phone number of every builder, vendor, etc that we have, but if you lined every salesman up against the wall and asked me which one went with each phone number, I probably couldn't get HALF of them correct.  So, anyway, please, just keep introducing yourself to me over and over so I don't feel like QUITE such an idiot! Huh  Christy Hicks

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 07:04:45 AM »

Cry, but I have a mental impairment when it comes to faces and names Angry. . .

You ain't alone with that impairment. . . .

Look at the bright side, You're always meeting new people.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
John316

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 07:43:41 AM »

We drove by everybody, yesterday. That looked like such a hoot there. I hope you guys are all having fun, and maybe it won't rain anymore on you.

When does the big get-together end, and when do people start rolling out?

God bless,

John

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: