Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 12:38:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Made it to Quartzsite in our "new to us" Beaver Prevost conversion, YIPPEE  (Read 5468 times)
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 11:12:04 AM »

Christy;

Glad to here you guy's made it. I am not going to be there this year. I was with My wife in the hospital on Friday when I got a call from my mother in law's house keeper saying she had fallen off a ladder. I went up there to find her on the floor with a dislocated shoulder so I called  911 and got her to emergency where we spend most of the day. I got her and my wife to the mother in laws house. I have to go out of town today and will be back tomorrow late so I have some one to help out till I get back and I will be staying close to home for a wile. Sorry I will not be there I am going to miss everyone.

I was looking forward to meeting a lot of new people. Now I'm just down in the dumps

Have fun and stay dry.

Don
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 11:25:31 AM »

Don,

I am so sorry to hear about that. That is really too bad. Keep on going, and "don't let the devil know you are down."

Praying for you...I know what kind of thing you are in...sorry you can't make it.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »

Sorry to hear about that Don.  Seems when it rains it pours, doesn't it. . . .  .well, there's always next year.  We tentatively are going to try to do this again then too if the wind blows our way and WE don't have any major problems. . . . good luck.  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 12:32:41 PM »

Christy
You ask if wisdom comes with age, I am well past 60 looking at 70 this year.  You are a youngsteer and as far as wisdom with age, you just bought another bus didn't you,  makes me wonder about all of us.  I would not do it any other way. Ups, I also ride ar Harley trike.  So much for my wisdom, just having a lot of fun. Will look you up in the Q on the 26 or 27th.
ED & Jannett

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 03:36:04 PM »

Ed, we'll be looking forward to meeting you & Jannett!  I like ANYONE who calls me a youngster, ha ha. 

I would like to clarify to everyone that there are actually TWO Beaver Prevost conversions in here. . .  ours is black/silver/gray, parked next to Bob Gilbert's red eagle, and Dick Egler is in his, parked a little to the east of us, also facing Kuehn Rd, and it is also black with some tan/gold in the paint job.  The BEAVER logo is more visible on the front of his, as he is not blocked by a vendor booth at this time.  If you turn into the entrance to Quartzsite market Place, if you turn right, you'll be heading to visit Dick, and if you turn left, you'll see our coach and white Jeep Grand Cherokee as you head towards the parking area for the bus rally. 

Buses just keep trickling in. . one after another.  I'm working today Cry trying to get our business paperwork done, so I just peer out the window longingly, enjoying an occasional visit from another nut, er, I mean BUSNUT.  Looking forward to any and all visits and will be roaming the buses soon! Grin  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 03:46:13 PM »

Hi there youngster Grin Hope it is not to boring for you at this time , don't worry come Thursday... let the party begin  Grin Grin Grin Cheryl and I look forward to meeting you guys. Hang in there the cavalry is coming Wink

Van

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »

HAHHAHAHA, just keep it coming Van!   Wink Wink

Bored?  HAH!  The only thing boring is having to do some business paperwork!  Hopefully, I'll be motivated enough to get the payroll done tonight, which relieves me of having to stop and do it on Wednesday or something! 

No, we don't worry so much about being bored, as we can ALWAYS find something to do, but on the other hand, we are REALLY looking forward to meeting everyone!

of course, it's about time I warn all Busnuts. . . it's kind of a bad thing Cry, but I have a mental impairment when it comes to faces and names Angry. . . i don't know what it is about me. ..  I'm great with phone numbers, addresses, jobs. . . technical type details. . . but I'm HORRIBLE at the abstract. . .faces, names to go with them. . .etc.  So, PLEASE do not be offended if I keep asking your name or meet you and then 15 mins later look at you in a confused daze, ha ha.  I worry because I'm going to meet so many people and I just KNOW I'm going to offend someone when i can't connect their name and face the next day or the day after. . .  and it's not that I don't WANT to, I just seem to have some type of face-blockage thing going on. Cry  I swear, if I didn't see Larry every single morning, I'd wonder who in the heck it was coming through the door that night! Cheesy Cheesy

I always thought that maybe this was why I could rip guts out of an electric furnace and wire it from scratch, but couldn't sketch a face to save my life.  I can tell you the phone number of every builder, vendor, etc that we have, but if you lined every salesman up against the wall and asked me which one went with each phone number, I probably couldn't get HALF of them correct.  So, anyway, please, just keep introducing yourself to me over and over so I don't feel like QUITE such an idiot! Huh  Christy Hicks

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 07:04:45 AM »

Cry, but I have a mental impairment when it comes to faces and names Angry. . .

You ain't alone with that impairment. . . .

Look at the bright side, You're always meeting new people.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 07:43:41 AM »

We drove by everybody, yesterday. That looked like such a hoot there. I hope you guys are all having fun, and maybe it won't rain anymore on you.

When does the big get-together end, and when do people start rolling out?

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: